The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Oct 14, 2020 at 8:36 PM Post #30,781 of 35,332
I dunno what everyone else's experience has been with ADORAMA but they've been as unprofessional and sneaky as it gets with me: received a DOA HE6SE, asked for RMA, received a prepaid shipping bill for an exchange and after a while they claimed they ran out of stock(why not keeping one for the exchange huh ??? it was in stock when I asked for RMA) and issued $700 store credit, had to threaten opening a PayPal dispute to get my money back.

I got referred by a friend so I had $10 discount, that luckily came back after the HE6SE order was cancelled, order confirmation by email and on their website for my second order shows "1,000 Reward Points -$10.00 " but they charged it anyway "$10.00 Charged":xf_eek:

Ever since they keep playing me dumb, I'll just open a PayPal dispute, I've never seen a store charging for discounts huh and let's not mention offer an exchange for DOA and not keep one aside for this purpose, unbelievably unprofessional. $700 store credit was the icing on the cake really.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2020 at 2:25 PM Post #30,782 of 35,332
https://earstudio.store/collections/products

Earstudio Combo Deals.png

Oct 18, 2020 at 11:47 AM Post #30,783 of 35,332
I dunno what everyone else's experience has been with ADORAMA but they've been as unprofessional and sneaky as it gets with me: received a DOA HE6SE, asked for RMA, received a prepaid shipping bill for an exchange and after a while they claimed they ran out of stock(why not keeping one for the exchange huh ??? it was in stock when I asked for RMA) and issued $700 store credit, had to threaten opening a PayPal dispute to get my money back.

I got referred by a friend so I had $10 discount, that luckily came back after the HE6SE order was cancelled, order confirmation by email and on their website for my second order shows "1,000 Reward Points -$10.00 " but they charged it anyway "$10.00 Charged":xf_eek:

Ever since they keep playing me dumb, I'll just open a PayPal dispute, I've never seen a store charging for discounts huh and let's not mention offer an exchange for DOA and not keep one aside for this purpose, unbelievably unprofessional. $700 store credit was the icing on the cake really.
I really don't know how Adorama Heavily disounts stuff, but other store do not discount to such extent? Is Adorama the TJMaxx of online stores or are they the huge warehouse in Jersey always held onto the stuff, and ready get rid of stuff quickly anytime?

Anyway, on a deal related note, Razer Opus is going used for $120-130 on Amazon warehouse deals. Supposedly, it's ANC is 2nd best between XM3 and QC 35 accodring to Rtings. Probably the lowest priced high performing ANC. I can't believe these were going for $100 on Prime day with 10% off.

Why is there no thread on Razer Opus here?

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2020 at 1:43 PM Post #30,784 of 35,332
I really don't know how Adorama Heavily disounts stuff, but other store do not discount to such extent? Is Adorama the TJMaxx of online stores or are they the huge warehouse in Jersey always held onto the stuff, and ready get rid of stuff quickly anytime?

Anyway, on a deal related note, Razer Opus is going used for $120-130 on Amazon warehouse deals. Supposedly, it's ANC is 2nd best between XM3 and QC 35 accodring to Rtings. Probably the lowest priced high performing ANC. I can't believe these were going for $100 on Prime day with 10% off.

Still 199 on Amazon cheaper model is 105

Oct 18, 2020 at 2:03 PM Post #30,786 of 35,332

Adorama is a legit company that is widely known for Camera gear, but they also have other more expensive electronics.

Headphones often have set "street prices" from the manufacturer. That is, as part of the agreement to distribute the headphones, they agree to not sell below a certain price (outside of the manufacturer's official sales prices). So if you look at everyone American reseller's price for Focal Clear, they're at $1,490. Did they all conspire to set the price? Is that what they need to make money? No way, they'd all love to sell them for less, but that is the price that Focal has set.

There are a few reasons that are outside of this:
1. Manufacturer has created a "special edition" for a retailer. Adorama has done this with both Hifiman and Audeze and create a lower price.
2. Manufacturer has created a special arrangement with one reseller to allow lower prices. This isn't very common because I'm sure every reseller of the Elegia are now groaning to Focal because their price is still set at $899. No one is paying $899 for Elegias.
3. Reseller has given a middle finger to the manufacturer and decided they will just clear out their current inventory. This means that they've likely burned their bridge and won't get anymore inventory. A lot of companies did this to Ultrasone when they had MSRP $1800 Edition 8 headphones sitting in their back room for 4 years. They just cleared them out for $600 a pair and said "we're done with Ultrasone".

As for the Razer's. In general "gaming oriented" headphones don't get much attention because for a long time they were pretty much crap. Don't know if it's changed much, but that's the stigma they're fighting against in the headphone community.

Oct 18, 2020 at 3:04 PM Post #30,787 of 35,332
Adorama is a legit company that is widely known for Camera gear, but they also have other more expensive electronics.

Headphones often have set "street prices" from the manufacturer. That is, as part of the agreement to distribute the headphones, they agree to not sell below a certain price (outside of the manufacturer's official sales prices). So if you look at everyone American reseller's price for Focal Clear, they're at $1,490. Did they all conspire to set the price? Is that what they need to make money? No way, they'd all love to sell them for less, but that is the price that Focal has set.

There are a few reasons that are outside of this:
1. Manufacturer has created a "special edition" for a retailer. Adorama has done this with both Hifiman and Audeze and create a lower price.
2. Manufacturer has created a special arrangement with one reseller to allow lower prices. This isn't very common because I'm sure every reseller of the Elegia are now groaning to Focal because their price is still set at $899. No one is paying $899 for Elegias.
3. Reseller has given a middle finger to the manufacturer and decided they will just clear out their current inventory. This means that they've likely burned their bridge and won't get anymore inventory. A lot of companies did this to Ultrasone when they had MSRP $1800 Edition 8 headphones sitting in their back room for 4 years. They just cleared them out for $600 a pair and said "we're done with Ultrasone".

As for the Razer's. In general "gaming oriented" headphones don't get much attention because for a long time they were pretty much crap. Don't know if it's changed much, but that's the stigma they're fighting against in the headphone community.
Same view here...

Adorama is legit based on my limited sample size; gotten nothing but great deals.

Oct 18, 2020 at 9:56 PM Post #30,789 of 35,332
Oct 19, 2020 at 3:43 PM Post #30,790 of 35,332
Audeze's Oktoberfest Barrel Aged Sale - https://www.audeze.com/products/audeze-oktoberfest-sale?

Save up to 50% on "New Old Stock"

LCD-i4 (New w/ Leather Carry Case, no BT or CIPHER)

SALE PRICE: $1,195.00
Save 52% $2,495.00

LCD-4 (200 ohms, Suspension Headband w/ Travel Case)
SALE PRICE: $2,895.00
Save 27% $3,995.00

LCD-X (Suspension Headband w/ Travel Case)
SALE PRICE: $999.00
Save 41% $1,699.00

LCD-XC Bubinga (Suspension Headband w/ Travel Case)
SALE PRICE: $1,099.00
Save 38% $1,799.00

Oct 19, 2020 at 4:31 PM Post #30,791 of 35,332
This or Black Friday B-Stock.... LCD 4 usually $2500 on BF.

Oct 19, 2020 at 4:39 PM Post #30,792 of 35,332
Conspicuously absent from the above sale are LCD-2C, LCD-3, any of the gaming headphones, and the Creator's Package version of the X and XC (i.e., no travel case). I would bet there are better sales to come for Black Friday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back