The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Jun 28, 2018 at 3:14 PM Post #26,221 of 35,319
AK100ii still at $299

https://www.adorama.com/ak1002.html...t&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_source=rflaid62905 (This is from SlickDeals and has an affiliate link...don't know what to remove)

For those that purchased one the stand and cases are on clearance at AK USA.

https://us.astellnkern.com/collections/closeouts

PEM11 for $49 and Cases for $19

https://www.adorama.com/ak1002.html?sdtid=11743643&emailprice=t

$299 now.

Edit: For some reason it's showing $699 again :/

Jun 29, 2018 at 11:49 AM Post #26,223 of 35,319
Last edited:
Jun 29, 2018 at 11:43 PM Post #26,224 of 35,319

Edit: For some reason it's showing $699 again :/[/QUOTE]

I'd like to order this.
I am not a fan of buying extended warranties, but this appears to be an EOL product and drop-able/breakable, so maybe Adorama's "New Leaf" or New Leaf Plus" extended service plan might be a good idea.
Anybody had any experience or advice with that decision?
If so, what about the choice between "New Leaf" or New Leaf Plus"?

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2018 at 12:12 AM Post #26,225 of 35,319
re: New Leaf & New Leaf Plus -

I am familiar with the New Leaf Company and can confirm that they are legitimate, insured, and have good customer service with a Texas call center. I believe the main difference between the programs is that the "Plus" covers accidental damage as well as product failures.

However, the limits of liability are the price you paid for the item...so if it can be repaired for the same or less than your sale price, they will do that, or they will refund your original sale price to you if they cannot get a replacement for the price you paid. That is, they will not pay more than $300 (if that is what you paid) to provide you with a replacement.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2018 at 12:32 AM Post #26,226 of 35,319

I am familiar with the New Leaf Company and can confirm that they are legitimate, insured, and have good customer service with a Texas call center. I believe the main difference between the programs is that the "Plus" covers accidental damage as well as product failures.

However, the limits of liability are the price you paid for the item...so if it can be repaired for the same or less than your sale price, they will do that, or they will refund your original sale price to you if they cannot get a replacement for the price you paid. That is, they will not pay more than $300 (if that is what you paid) to provide you with a replacement.

Thanks for the informative and detailed answer! I guess at the sale price offered I can certainly afford that coverage. :wink:

Jun 30, 2018 at 1:39 AM Post #26,227 of 35,319

I designed New Leaf's offices and call center. It's funny that I had no idea of what it is that they exactly did until I saw offers for their extended warranties on the Accessories4less website.

Jul 2, 2018 at 11:12 PM Post #26,229 of 35,319
In order to take advantage of the max. discount ($100)

- Sennheiser HD 800s "Open Box" from BLINQ $1.233 after promo $1.133 / Free 30 days return

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sennheiser...911/401502923820?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

I would strongly strongly strongly advise everyone NOT to buy from BLINQ. My first two orders with them had major issues. There's also discussion in the Massdrop CTH thread about them. It seems like they were shipping out defective/returned units without any testing done to them.

My second order was an ordeal from them. I ordered 2 items. Only one showed up. Don't worry it's just the HD800 missing. I contacted them and after many difficult emails they finally understood half the order was missing. I was then told according to them, the complete order was sent out, and they wouldn't do anything else. I explained my 1lb box couldn't have included the 5lb headphone box. They told me that the HD800 weighed 6oz and they weren't taking any further action.

Nothing against you @Terco , but a warning for potential buyers. I'm sure getting a refund (should an issue arise) would be easier by purchasing through ebay.

Jul 3, 2018 at 12:51 AM Post #26,231 of 35,319
I agree.

BLINQ is a crap shoot. You may get lucky, maybe not.

They are some sort of liquidator, as they mostly have open box, closeout, refurbished, etc stuff.

I've bought things from them in the past, some of it perfectly fine and some of it had issues. I had to jump through a bunch of hoops to get the stuff returned.

Jul 3, 2018 at 4:42 AM Post #26,232 of 35,319
Jul 3, 2018 at 3:57 PM Post #26,235 of 35,319

Users who are viewing this thread

Back