The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Dec 5, 2017 at 9:30 PM Post #25,171 of 35,346
Got another email from the The Headphone Bar in Vancouver.
They are having a sale on Campfire Audio tomorrow. They also mention a broader sale on Thursday for newsletter subscribers. For those of you not signed up, it might be worth it to sign up at least for the holidays.

They also offer a $40.00 discount on your purchase of $599.00 or more for signing up. I used that to add an amp to my headphone order.
www.headphonebar.com

Shane D

Too bad they only do business within Canada

Dec 6, 2017 at 1:14 AM Post #25,173 of 35,346
I received my pair of Kef M100s as well, and so far do not share your enthusiasm for the sound. I am getting a boosted mid bass, not much deep bass, and uneven mid-range. Break in, and finding the best eartips will hopefully improve them for me but not the classic Kef Sound I was hoping for yet. Definitely worth the investment and giving them time.

I also got a pair of the M400 on ears (a couple of colors are still on sale for $80 Kef via NewEgg) These impress me a good bit more. The same warm musical but detailed sound I remember from my M500s. They are also more attractive in person, and look quite a bit better built, then they do in the photos. Nearly everything visible is aluminum or high quality faux-leather. A midrange that really draws you in. Not super comfortable on my large head...but I am working on adjusting those as well.

For cheap but excellent sounding single driver dynamic IEMs that are a deal (I bought more of them than I need this season) the ones I liked best are: B&O H3s, which are generally available new on eBay for about $45 because of the LG distributed ones being available cheap. And the really excellent Marshall Modes , currently $23 on Amazon through 3rd Party Prime dealers, also on eBay. You are taking a chance because there are a lot of grey market Marshall phones, but if you use Prime they are easy to return for nothing if not genuine. The set I got looks and sounds great.

Thank you very much for sharing those deals. Only thing that prevent me to jump on M400 is the earpad replacement. The shape is not normal and I could not find anywhere else other than KEF itself selling replacement earpad.

Dec 6, 2017 at 9:44 AM Post #25,174 of 35,346
Sennheiser HD 25 $94.99 at Woot

https://sellout.woot.com/offers/sennheiser-sealed-headphone-hd-25-29

Sennheiser RS165 $129.99 at Woot

https://sellout.woot.com/offers/sennheiser-rs165-vibrant-sound-wireless-headphones-4

Sennheiser 506249 M2AEI Momentum Around Over-Ear $209

https://electronics.woot.com/offers/sennheiser-m2aei-momentum-headphones-3

Not sure why the links don't go to them directly. Just have to go to Electronics then headphones.

Thank you for the links! I love Woot! and did a quick scoot on over there to check them out. I noticed they have a set of earphones on sale from a company with a very unfortunate name. I can picture the scenario now...

Me: *listening blissfully to my favorite music*
Female coworker: "Those are neat - what kind of headphones are they?"
Me: "MEIDONG"
Female coworker: "What?"
Me: *repeats answer*
Me: *filling out unemployment forms after a visit to HR*

Dec 6, 2017 at 9:53 AM Post #25,175 of 35,346
I received my pair of Kef M100s as well, and so far do not share your enthusiasm for the sound. I am getting a boosted mid bass, not much deep bass, and uneven mid-range. Break in, and finding the best eartips will hopefully improve them for me but not the classic Kef Sound I was hoping for yet. Definitely worth the investment and giving them time.

I also got a pair of the M400 on ears (a couple of colors are still on sale for $80 Kef via NewEgg) These impress me a good bit more. The same warm musical but detailed sound I remember from my M500s. They are also more attractive in person, and look quite a bit better built, then they do in the photos. Nearly everything visible is aluminum or high quality faux-leather. A midrange that really draws you in. Not super comfortable on my large head...but I am working on adjusting those as well.

For cheap but excellent sounding single driver dynamic IEMs that are a deal (I bought more of them than I need this season) the ones I liked best are: B&O H3s, which are generally available new on eBay for about $45 because of the LG distributed ones being available cheap. And the really excellent Marshall Modes , currently $23 on Amazon through 3rd Party Prime dealers, also on eBay. You are taking a chance because there are a lot of grey market Marshall phones, but if you use Prime they are easy to return for nothing if not genuine. The set I got looks and sounds great.

Not sure what you mean by "classic KEF sound" as KEF speakers are often characterized by a bit of mid bass boost warmth. Reviews of the M100s also indicated these have some sub bass roll off, so that should have been expected. But of course, while they are excellent for the $30 IEM price range, not going to suit everyone. There is no headphone that has a sound signature that can do that.

Anyway, I ordered a 2nd pair. These will be a great holiday gift for the price.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #25,176 of 35,346

Is that IEM that came with LG G5 is B&O H3 too?

Dec 6, 2017 at 11:31 AM Post #25,177 of 35,346
Is that IEM that came with LG G5 is B&O H3 too?

Some perhaps were, some certainly not. It depends on the Carrier and Country, so be careful.

I purchased both original Beoplay H3s in a retail box, and also an LG distributed set that says H3 by B&O Play & LG on the box (just like my link above). They are identical.

However, both Groupon and Woot sold some other headphones that are totally different, and sold them as H3s even though nothing in the packaging or phones says H3 anywhere. (My link did not work, but if you search Woot B&O H3 you will see them). The G5 also came packed some places with a totally different headphone with no B&O affiliation.

So, I am confident that the ones that look like the H3 in my link above are real...but not a lot of the others.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #25,178 of 35,346
There is again an Ebay coupon Applicable to Pitbull Audios Listing for the UE 900S IEMS

PHOLIDAY20 brings the cost from $160 down to $128.

In addition, there is a targeted eBay Bucks promotion. If you are eligible (check your messages) you get 8% in Bucks if you buy on the web, or 10% back if you purchase using eBays Android (and I assume IOS) app. The Bucks deal is targeted, the PHOLIDAY20 code should work for everyone until it expires or they sell out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 6, 2017 at 1:43 PM Post #25,179 of 35,346
There is again an Ebay coupon Applicable to Pitbull Audios Listing for the UE 900S IEMS

In addition, there is a targeted eBay Bucks promotion. If you are eligible (check your messages) you get 8% in Bucks if you buy on the web, or 10% back if you purchase using eBays Android (and I assume IOS) app. The Bucks deal is targeted, the PHOLIDAY20 code should work for everyone until it expires or they sell out.

Wow! I do not care what anyone says about the UE 900S - this is a fantastic deal on my personal favorite earphone! I loved my original UE 900, was heartbroken when I lost them during a business trip (no idea what happened - in hand one moment and gone the next) and was elated to find the 900S at +/- $180. I am actually staring at my wallet right now and am seriously considering purchasing just in case something happens to my existing pair...

Dec 6, 2017 at 2:13 PM Post #25,180 of 35,346

Wow! I do not care what anyone says about the UE 900S - this is a fantastic deal on my personal favorite earphone! I loved my original UE 900, was heartbroken when I lost them during a business trip (no idea what happened - in hand one moment and gone the next) and was elated to find the 900S at +/- $180. I am actually staring at my wallet right now and am seriously considering purchasing just in case something happens to my existing pair...

Buy them! I doubt you'll ever get a chance to buy a new pair at this price. I was sad when I returned the original UE900 to Logitech due to MMCX connectors cutting out but it's nice to see they include a tube of Dexoit now with them. I grabbed a pair.

Dec 6, 2017 at 2:18 PM Post #25,181 of 35,346
Buy them! I doubt you'll ever get a chance to buy a new pair at this price. I was sad when I returned the original UE900 to Logitech due to MMCX connectors cutting out but it's nice to see they include a tube of Dexoit now with them. I grabbed a pair.

Stop spending my money!

Yeah, I already pulled the trigger... *awaiting admonishing looks from my wife*

Dec 6, 2017 at 3:32 PM Post #25,183 of 35,346
I should not have posted as it was off-topic and unrelated to deals.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back