The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Dec 5, 2016 at 2:19 PM Post #22,771 of 35,325
These are actually sold by Beachcamera, not Newegg, and Beach is one of the worst retailers I've ever dealt with. They really suck. 

I believe you have had an awful experience, my experience with them is different. I have purchased a lot from Beach (and Buydig.com which is the same). and have had very good experiences. Buydig has a 98.9 positive rating on eBay which is not perfect but far from "really suck".

No doubt, they have done much worse by you.  

If you purchase through BeachCamera/ NewEgg  you do get an additional layer of support (which is probably also stressed this time of year.)   I had problems with Coolio (the Grado/New Egg vendor) and New Egg contacted them to get things moving on my behalf. 

Dec 5, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #22,772 of 35,325
I'm glad you like them, I'm just saying that I'll never do business with them again and recommend others steer clear and go with more reliable sellers: https://www.yelp.com/biz/beach-camera-green-brook

It makes sense that they're also Buydig, I've had horrible service from them as well.

Dec 5, 2016 at 2:41 PM Post #22,773 of 35,325
These are actually sold by Beachcamera, not Newegg, and Beach is one of the worst retailers I've ever dealt with. They really suck. How so? Well, I ordered a set of T90s from them on Black Friday and:

1. They took a week to ship my order (they weren't in stock, even though at the time they claimed they were), so I cancelled it, but then 3 days after cancelling they shipped it anyway (and double charged me).
2. At the time I originally ordered I upgraded my shipping from UPS Ground to FedEx 2-day (paid them an extra $10)... and they sent it out FedEx Smartpost (the slowest shipping on Earth, because it's actually FedEx handing off packages to the USPS). When I called them to find out what happened, after explaining what was going on they placed me on hold, and then promptly hung-up on me. I called again, and they hung-up again. Now they don't answer at all, they just leave me on hold indefinitely. I can only imagine how awful they are to deal with if you have to return something.

Avoid them at all costs... unless you like waiting >2 weeks to get your order, enjoy being ignored when there's a problem, and want to be double-charged (requiring intervention from your CC company).

I'm sorry to hear that, I never had a problem with them or Beach Camera or Buydig company that I got the T90 also a couple months ago by ebay and I returned (really nice headphones but not for my taste) with out any problems, I live in New York so my shipping is fast considering that they are located in New Jersey take like 2-3 days. This is my first time buying something directly thought they website and not on ebay, lets see how it goes, but I don't think Im going to return the DT 770 
bigsmile_face.gif

And I just get home and I found a big box with the Audeze logo in the front of my building, the LCD 2 that I got on Black Friday for $499, I was expecting the bamboo and I got the Rosewood!!
beerchug.gif
with the leather pads!! I can't be more happy!! 
o2smile.gif

Dec 5, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #22,774 of 35,325
Our Pico DAC/Amp is now on Massdrop, up to 50% the retail of $499 on a limited quanitity. You're not going to find a better made, better sounding portable anywhere near this price!

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/headamp-pico-portable-dac-amp

http://www.head-fi.org/t/828015/headamp-pico-dac-amp-now-on-massdrop

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Dec 5, 2016 at 2:59 PM Post #22,776 of 35,325
Dec 5, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #22,777 of 35,325
Dec 6, 2016 at 12:21 PM Post #22,779 of 35,325

AUDEZE LCD-2 Planar Magnetic Headphones Aluminum Lambskin W/iFi micro iDSD Black on Adorama.

iFi micro iDSD in "Black" looks really nice!!

Dec 6, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #22,780 of 35,325
Parrot - Zik Parrot Noise Cancelling Headphones Black Gold on ebay $79.99

Dec 6, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #22,781 of 35,325

AUDEZE LCD-2 Planar Magnetic Headphones Aluminum Lambskin W/iFi micro iDSD Black on Adorama.

iFi micro iDSD in "Black" looks really nice!!

Next time, please post the actual deal

AUDEZE LCD-2 Planar Magnetic Headphones Aluminum Lambskin W/iFi micro iDSD Black
$995

Also, please remove the affiliate part of you link (actually, please edit and do it to your original post). For Adorama, it should look like this:

www.adorama.com/aulcd2latce.html?sdtid=9495519&emailprice=t

Note, the iFi micro iDSD Black Label Edition is an updated iDSD (I think), not just a black version.

I wonder what the breakdown of the items is. People have had some luck buying the bundle, then returning one of the items, which makes the other item a really good value.

Dec 6, 2016 at 3:57 PM Post #22,782 of 35,325

Next time, please post the actual deal

AUDEZE LCD-2 Planar Magnetic Headphones Aluminum Lambskin W/iFi micro iDSD Black
$995

Also, please remove the affiliate part of you link (actually, please edit and do it to your original post). For Adorama, it should look like this:

www.adorama.com/aulcd2latce.html?sdtid=9495519&emailprice=t

Note, the iFi micro iDSD Black Label Edition is an updated iDSD (I think), not just a black version.

I wonder what the breakdown of the items is. People have had some luck buying the bundle, then returning one of the items, which makes the other item a really good value.

A question:  did we not receive a post from one of our moderators that the affiliate part of the link is no longer an issue (Currawong I believe)?  Perhaps I'm confusing what he posted, but I thought the issue related to folks trying to get credit for sales and that was no longer a risk.  

HS

Dec 6, 2016 at 4:56 PM Post #22,784 of 35,325
  Affiliate links are still not permitted. Currawong came in and spoke on the differences between an affiliate tag and a search tracking tag that was added by Amazon. Whenever possible please use the shortest and most direct url, like Allanmarcus did in his post.

Thanks for the clarification.  I believe the thread does a good job of self monitoring.  I wasn't clear on the difference between the two.

HS

Dec 6, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #22,785 of 35,325

The description on the website seems to agree with you're saying about being something new and not just a color change.

If the breakdown is anything like prior bundles I would expect them to be priced at $662.67 and $332.33 for the headphone and amp respectively.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back