The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Nov 29, 2016 at 3:48 PM Post #22,712 of 35,332
OT, but some Head-fiers prefer the "old" 1350 over the T51.Newer doesn't necessarily equate to better (often depends on the user's preferences).

Yes, that is true. Though by "old" I'm mostly referring how older models, that are still in production, are usually cheaper than their top models. To me at least the T51p/i is better physically, in build and comfort. Probably one of the most comfortable, if not the most, on-ears out there.

Nov 29, 2016 at 5:50 PM Post #22,713 of 35,332
My understanding was that t50/51p were their consumer models, 1350 a seperate series tuned or at least marketed more for professional/monitoring applications.

Nov 29, 2016 at 6:44 PM Post #22,714 of 35,332
  I have these speaker along with the center speaker and a Marantz NR1403 i have no problem with them watching tv but when i want to listen to music i have to really push the volume high, how can i make these speaker sound more musical. Should i get a different amp or screw it get a separate 2 channel system for music only.

You mean the Pioneer and not the ELAC, right?

If so, that's generally a problem with the Andrew Jones Pioneer flootstanders (the whole series to an extent). To open up they really like a lot of power and pretty loud volumes. They're the most laid back in that Pioneer line and as you may have noticed they really are designed with the idea that their accompanying over-sized center channel will be used bringing them more forward.

If it's an option you could try a subwoofer to take some of the bottom weight off of them. Placement could also help. If they're directly on the ground you may try raising them up a foot and seeing if that clears anything up. Subtractive EQ of the lower frequencies would be another option that might help a bit.

An amp would help but the Pioneer speakers just aren't the most musical speakers.

Nov 29, 2016 at 8:33 PM Post #22,715 of 35,332
yeah have no idea how they do this these days and are still in the business !!!

in my case when I wrote to them asking why it has been canceled I received some strange reply that " ..[COLOR=2B2E2F]We had this ready to ship out, but our system cancelled it at the last second ... "  System against humanity :wink:[/COLOR]
[COLOR=2B2E2F]thing is I made a payment with my amazon account, that I do use for ages and have placed lots of orders and never had any issue in the past ! so that is a very strange thing[/COLOR]

[COLOR=2B2E2F]anyway I am happy that they canceled as in the end I bought [/COLOR]Teac HA-P90SD   

I hope it wont 

Yeah - I know. But people still buy from them even knowing this. I feel really uncomfortable the owner took my info and used it to track me down on line trying to see where I work and what I do for a living. That crosses a line in my opinion. He had no remorse and didn't care when he said they cancel orders people placed on a whim "all the time" even after charging their credit cards. I guess they feel that is an ok way to do business. I feel differently.

Nov 30, 2016 at 5:20 AM Post #22,716 of 35,332
My understanding was that t50/51p were their consumer models, 1350 a seperate series tuned or at least marketed more for professional/monitoring applications.

Yep. I do find my DT-1350 more neutral than T50/51p and the sound isolation to be the best I have even seen on a portable on-ear headphone. And not a hint of discomfort. And the pads, they have a way to add the bass effect to the ears that it's difficult to describe. And as usual, German tank-like build as expected from beyerdynamic. $110 deal has to be steal for those who bought it.

Nov 30, 2016 at 9:04 AM Post #22,718 of 35,332
Audio-Technica ATH-M50X w/ Bluetooth adapter $149.99 on Woot.com.

http://www.woot.com/offers/audio-technica-m50x-with-bluetooth-adapter

Nov 30, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #22,719 of 35,332

Yep. I do find my DT-1350 more neutral than T50/51p and the sound isolation to be the best I have even seen on a portable on-ear headphone. And not a hint of discomfort. And the pads, they have a way to add the bass effect to the ears that it's difficult to describe. And as usual, German tank-like build as expected from beyerdynamic. $110 deal has to be steal for those who bought it.

This deal at Adorama ($119.99) is still active.  There is a countdown timer next to the "Limited Time Offer" phrase below the photograph that seems to indicate that it will be over tonight at midnight EST.

Nov 30, 2016 at 7:35 PM Post #22,721 of 35,332
https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-philips-professional-headphones-in-collaboration-with-armin-van-buuren

Philips A5Pro headphones for sale. These are one of the best dynamic drivers I,ve ever seen/heard.

Built like a tank, sound balanced and easily powered.

Nov 30, 2016 at 8:11 PM Post #22,722 of 35,332
http://www.gearbest.com/earbud-headphones/pp_327728.html

if u like a crystal sounding iem... this is a great buy..$8.50

Nov 30, 2016 at 10:21 PM Post #22,723 of 35,332
https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-philips-professional-headphones-in-collaboration-with-armin-van-buuren

Philips A5Pro headphones for sale. These are one of the best dynamic drivers I,ve ever seen/heard.

Built like a tank, sound balanced and easily powered.

OK...based on that endorsement, and a quick look at your headphone inventory, I'm in. :)

Also, there is a 5% off code 'HEYTHERE' that can be used if it's your first purchase on Groupon as well
- 25% Off Local, 5% Off Goods, and 25% Off Getaways Deals for New Groupon Customers while using Promo Code: HEYTHERE

Nov 30, 2016 at 10:45 PM Post #22,724 of 35,332
OK...based on that endorsement, and a quick look at your headphone inventory, I'm in. :)

Also, there is a 5% off code 'HEYTHERE' that can be used if it's your first purchase on Groupon as well
- 25% Off Local, 5% Off Goods, and 25% Off Getaways Deals for New Groupon Customers while using Promo Code: HEYTHERE

Well I didn't see the 5% code. Tried the hello25 and it wouldn't work. No sweat though, this is a great deal for $80.

Nov 30, 2016 at 10:45 PM Post #22,725 of 35,332
OK...based on that endorsement, and a quick look at your headphone inventory, I'm in.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dont trust me or my inventory but the A5 is simply gorgeous in sound. It doesnt beat the almighty HD800 but comes very close.

Why Philips never marketed it or even focuses its efforts in the headphone market is beyond me.

Some reviews.

http://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/info/hi-fi-guide/actualites/qobuz-tests-the-philips-a5-pro176137

http://headfonics.com/2015/09/the-a5-pro-by-philips/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back