The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Jul 15, 2016 at 8:47 PM Post #21,423 of 35,320
Audio-Technica ATH-M50x for $99.
Seeing different prices ranging from $99-$140 on Amazon. (The $99 deal from Amazon is sold from a seller who has no reviews from what I see... ALEX Segui)
https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-ath-m50x-professional-studio-monitor-headphones

Jul 16, 2016 at 8:46 PM Post #21,432 of 35,320
The ATH-M50X's from Groupon are New Open Boxes.

Right, I just looked at that myself, but New Open Boxes still means new.
"New Open Box – Box has been opened. Basically the same as NIB, but the seller should state if the inner static bag has been opened for product testing purposes. All of the accessories and packaging should be there as if it had been purchased new."
Still $99 seems pretty good and I might just get them it seems worth it.

Jul 17, 2016 at 1:46 PM Post #21,433 of 35,320
http://electronics.woot.com/offers/apple-in-ear-headphones-with-remote-and-mic

Apple ME186LLA In-Ear Headphones with Remote and Mic

I believe these are made by beyerdynamic
$74 on Amazon

$25 on woot!

Note, theres are not earbuds or eadpods. These are IEMs.

Reviews are mixed, but I'm also guessing that many that tried these were stepping up from earbuds or EarPods, and don't understand the need for a good seal. From a few reviews that seem to understand seal, there are complaints of microphonics. That is consistent with beyerdynamic IEMs. 

At any rate, for $25 there are probably pretty good. 

Jul 17, 2016 at 3:01 PM Post #21,435 of 35,320
The remote pod controls probably will only work for play/pause/center button (no volume control), but the audio should come through just fine. I could be wrong... I happen to like apple iPods & now iPhones, so I've never tried a MFi headphone on an android, and love it when I get the full remote controls.

Edit: bought a pair, also a third party "modern buckle" watchband. Should arrive around the first of the month.

Fostex made the early Apple Earbuds, but I also don't know who designed and built the new IEMs. Monster? Lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back