The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
May 4, 2016 at 4:12 PM Post #20,701 of 35,316
I am curious what other members here would think is a good deal on all-black beyerdynamic dt-880 600 ohm with both black and silver earpads. I hardly used them and I know what I paid but I have the feeling that they won't sell at my current price point. Any opinions? assume like-new condition

May 4, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #20,702 of 35,316
  I am curious what other members here would think is a good deal on all-black beyerdynamic dt-880 600 ohm with both black and silver earpads. I hardly used them and I know what I paid but I have the feeling that they won't sell at my current price point. Any opinions? assume like-new condition

$150 would be a good deal. Maybe you can get $175. 

May 4, 2016 at 5:27 PM Post #20,704 of 35,316

I ususally look at what Amazon/Ebay/sonix etc... current new prices are for context, and used prices then set my price a little lower. Beyers are tough because they fluctuate a lot and are widely available- its pretty normal for some models in the DT series to go up and down $70-100 for a new set.

Also depends on how impatient you are to sell. I think with a firm but fair price you will eventually find a buyer if you wait (weeks... months... and on sometimes). Other times you get unlucky and a bunch of other people decide to sell theirs at the same time
confused_face.gif
I've only sold stuff here, but have read some comments observing generally better sales prices on eBay.

May 4, 2016 at 5:35 PM Post #20,705 of 35,316
Sell on e-Bay and that's the market (fees suck but you do get paid).  Selling stuff here can be quite painful based on my experiences.  Hate to say it, but it's true.  With Flea-Bay, you're putting it out to the real world.

Best of luck with the sale.

HS

May 4, 2016 at 6:02 PM Post #20,706 of 35,316

Let me know if you decide to sell, I might be interested.

May 5, 2016 at 8:53 AM Post #20,710 of 35,316

HD800 (Used-VG) $799.99

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B001OTZ8DA/

And as pointed out to me elsewhere, new ones for $999.99, apparently:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001OTZ8DA/

If you buy from Amazon, take note of the actual seller, then verify the seller is an authorized Sennheiser dealer. Music Direct has a "like new" HD800 for $999, with full warranty. 

May 5, 2016 at 9:09 AM Post #20,711 of 35,316
If you buy from Amazon, take note of the actual seller, then verify the seller is an authorized Sennheiser dealer. Music Direct has a "like new" HD800 for $999, with full warranty. 

Yup, doesn't seem to be on the list, as I could tell. But it's fulfilled by Amazon, does that make any difference at all?

May 5, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #20,714 of 35,316

Yup, doesn't seem to be on the list, as I could tell. But it's fulfilled by Amazon, does that make any difference at all?

I don't think so, but you would have to ask sennheiser.

May 5, 2016 at 10:18 AM Post #20,715 of 35,316
Not sure how massdrop was able to pull this one off!

Campfire Audio Nova Exclusive Launch

My sentiments exactly, should also point out its selling for $339.99 after 1 more unit is sold, compared to $449 on Campfire Audio's own pre-order page, and ships at the end of the month.

That's exactly my point, I'm not a huge universal IEM guy - I would go CIEMs if I somehow stopped losing every pair of IEMs I bought but this is damn tempting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back