The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Dec 12, 2015 at 8:50 PM Post #19,336 of 35,319
What I never subscribed to this thread did I make too many stupid posts elsewhere ??? They never even sent me a warning  note. Oh

well when in Rome...I never return much of anything.  I guess given the lack of brick and mortar stores, there is really no way to listen to gear before buying it on interweb, big outfits should  develop a lending  pool of demos to use.

Dec 12, 2015 at 9:22 PM Post #19,337 of 35,319

OOPS  It was the deals thread etc. 
You say it costs nothing if the can turn around and sell it again for the same price  well now... My son works in an Amazon warehouse .  He and his colleagues aren't paid princely sums but your return goes through more steps and hands than you imagine before it can be resold.

Dec 12, 2015 at 10:20 PM Post #19,338 of 35,319

EVEN BETTER!
$99.99 on their site!
NY & NJ tax only.

http://www.focuscamera.com/beyer-dynamic-dt-880-premium-600-ohm-headphones.html

Unbelievable price! ......that is, too good to believe.    Buy it using a safe method, like Paypal so if it was an error and they do not ship or ship you something else you can dispute the charge if necessary.    Focus has pretty bad re-seller ratings.   But its a killer price and may be worth the risk.   Focus is at the $200 price on their eBay listing.   

They are at $200 on the T70P

Yup looks like a mistake these are never below 200 that being said i bought one.

What the ****?!

and this is for the Premium 600ohm version! wow

soooo,

T70p or 880?

This reminds me of the $21.43 DT 250's on Amazon back in 2013. This is head and shoulders a better deal than the HD 598. This is a one way ticket to what real Hi-Fi headphones can achieve. This is hands down the headphilia deal of the year. Congratulations to all of you snagged this superb limited time offer! Your ears will be well rewarded!

Dec 13, 2015 at 12:40 AM Post #19,340 of 35,319

OOPS  It was the deals thread etc. 
You say it costs nothing if the can turn around and sell it again for the same price  well now... My son works in an Amazon warehouse .  He and his colleagues aren't paid princely sums but your return goes through more steps and hands than you imagine before it can be resold.

I agree that Amazon/AWD suffers a double financial hit for new items that are returned; have to be processed and then sold through AWD as a used one.

However, I am not at all impressed with the Amazon and AWD steps, process and inspections that accept these Amazon returns and then relist & resell the items through AWD (a subsidiary of Amazon).   This is what I was delivered through this process instead of an Ultrasone Ed. 8 they said that they were selling to me in exchange for for a good deal of my money.

Dec 13, 2015 at 12:47 AM Post #19,341 of 35,319
Anyone thinking about the T70p better hurry, I just got some as gifts. No telling how many are left.

Dec 13, 2015 at 2:11 AM Post #19,342 of 35,319

Terrible... and yet... hilarious
blink.gif

I dislike how vague the descriptions are and no pictures of the merch, even with very valuable items where the added cost of photographing and writing a description would be negligible- there's not much reason for it to be such a crapshoot.

Dec 13, 2015 at 4:06 AM Post #19,343 of 35,319
O2 + ODAC combo $200

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-o2-odac

O2 headphone amplifier $80

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-o2-amplifier

ODAC $120

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-odac

Dec 13, 2015 at 8:24 AM Post #19,344 of 35,319
O2 headphone amplifier $80

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-o2-amplifier

The minimum price on this is actually $70.  If you do not want to choose the gain option and a "110v" instead of "110v or 220v choice" power supply you can take off $10 for the "1.0" version.

MY RANT Here: (Stop reading if you just want the price stuff, possible deal mentioned at the end)  

The Price is good, I bought the first drop on this and was happy. Not so happy with my 2nd drop "Desktop" version and returned it because Massdrop substituted a cheap AC to AC power supply below NwWvGuy's specs without disclosing the change.  

1st drop they included the same 7.5W (15v 500mA) UL listed adapter that comes with the US made JDSLabs Objective 2.   The most recent O2 release Massdrop substituted one rated at 2.64W  (12v 220mA) and is not UL listed without disclosing the change.   NwWvGuy specifies adapters must be manufacture rated 13.5v minimum, 14v recommended.    Choice of power supply impacts performance of an amp (I would think that obvious).  In response to my inquiry Massdrop said they tested the substitute and despite the MFG rating it tests at just over 14v.   Fine, that is not how NwWvGuy's license reads, you cannot substitute parts from the BOM just cause you think they test OK. Did you test them all? Especially poor choice since Massdrop did not tell anyone about the 2nd drop change.   - In Massdrop's  defense, they are fully refunding my  money for the returned amp.  

SO:
1. If you buy this and get a below spec AC to AC adapter (do NOT use an AC to DC) you can buy the good 15v 500mA one from JDSLabs for $17.50 shipped.  OR

2. Take a chance on the $10 cheaper "1.0" version which might mean they are closing out the first drop left overs with the better 7.5W power supply for $70 (choose 1.0 on checkout). The first drop also came with a nicer cast aluminum volume knob and philips screws (so you can get to the innards to install the battery instead of torx screws), and who knows what else they changed.    End of rant. I feel better now.   The Fostex THx00 I just got from Mass Drop is very nice.  They make poor  corporate not enthusiast choices sometimes, or I have become old and crotchety, or both.  

Dec 13, 2015 at 11:37 AM Post #19,345 of 35,319
It's back!

DT880 Premium 600Ω on Focus Camera for $99.99.
NY and NJ tax only.

May or may not be a backorder, judging from their Amazon listing.

Ignore.

Dec 13, 2015 at 11:49 AM Post #19,346 of 35,319
  It's back!

DT880 Premium 600Ω on Focus Camera for $99.99.
NY and NJ tax only.

May or may not be a backorder, judging from their Amazon listing.

The web page showed 'in Stock' but when added to cart it showed 'Out of Stock'. I chatted with one of their customer service reps and he said the headphones were all sold out and the sales will not come back again.

Dec 13, 2015 at 11:52 AM Post #19,347 of 35,319

The web page showed 'in Stock' but when added to cart it showed 'Out of Stock'. I chatted with one of their customer service reps and he said the headphones were all sold out and the sales will not come back again.

Awww that sucks, I manage to reach the final checkout page before I posted it.
Perhaps they had a stock or two left or just an error.

Sorry about that folks...

Dec 13, 2015 at 12:01 PM Post #19,348 of 35,319
If anyone needs an inexpensive bluetooth speaker, the SHARKK Boombox Bluetooth Speaker is $39.99 on Amazon's deal of the day.
http://www.amazon.com/SHARKK-Boombox-Bluetooth-Speaker-Battery/dp/B00ES2BQ7M/

I got one for my son about a year and half ago and did a bunch of listening of BT speakers before buying it. It really does compete well in SQ with the best BT speaker offerings in that <$125 price range, much like the 2900 4.5 star reviews on Amazon indicate (well, I didn't read them all :wink: ). For instance, it has a bit more v-shaped sound than my JBL Charge with slightly lower bass extension (the Charge gets a little louder and is a bit more portable).

Can't lose on this for $40. :gs1000smile:

Dec 13, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #19,350 of 35,319

i was able to checkout and pay for one thru paypal...Lets see if it actually goes through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back