The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Nov 23, 2015 at 8:58 PM Post #18,541 of 35,332
Seems like Sennheiser is doing something weird lately...

Amazon has the PC 350 Special Edition 2015 for $100.

Okay, yes.... You read that right... 2015!

Seems like the difference is that it doesn't come with the carrying case it usually came with and comes with an audio splitter as well...

It's supposed to seal better, as some reviewer has mentioned in Amazon reviews but for those that don't want to spend more on the G4ME Zero, the PC 350 SE should be well worth it.

But I still don't see why they still make them when they now have the G4ME Zero??

Senn is trying to be sneaky? Lol

Anyways, here is link

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015ZKJIYI

edit: seems to say that the sound has also been improved for competitive gaming? Better dampen img as well to reduce outside noise.. Splitter it comes with is actually for when using it for consoles Luke DS4 controller or even a phone I guess.

These must be the 50ohm drivers I suppose, just like the revised G4ME Zero

Hmmm

Edit 2: still has the 150ohm impedance... Still a great headset if you ask me

Nov 23, 2015 at 9:10 PM Post #18,542 of 35,332
Any deals on source equipment? I really need an AMP for my HD650's, keep in mind, I'm a college student so I dont have a whole lot of dough. 

EDIT: Also, I really despise portable amp's/dac's/ect. Not that they are bad or sound bad, but I think they look terrible on a desk and would rather continue to use my lame DAC I have now.

Nov 23, 2015 at 9:34 PM Post #18,543 of 35,332
  Any deals on source equipment? I really need an AMP for my HD650's, keep in mind, I'm a college student so I dont have a whole lot of dough. 

EDIT: Also, I really despise portable amp's/dac's/ect. Not that they are bad or sound bad, but I think they look terrible on a desk and would rather continue to use my lame DAC I have now.

Go for SMSL M8, available at Massdrop at 50% off :) Later when you have the dough you can add the LPS called P1 which is another 100$ on eBay.

Nov 23, 2015 at 9:38 PM Post #18,545 of 35,332
  I was looking at a massdrop but wasnt sure what was good and bad, I havent had time in the last year to really keep up with stuff, busy busy as they say. I will heavily consider this one tho.

You asked for a budget DAC, this is it. SMSL M8 

If you have budget around 300, then you can find a Geek Pulse, which is good either. A lot of them are there out there. I have a Geek Pulse SFi :D 

Edit: Geek Pulse will also give you a HP Amp facility :)

Nov 23, 2015 at 9:44 PM Post #18,546 of 35,332
That is an impressive sight. To bad I couldnt get in on the indiegogo. I have a rather nice DAC actually, what I really need is a AMP, currently I am using it as a DAC/AMP combo, but it really is under powered. Im currently using the TC-50-7774.I havent modded it but would like to in the future.

I guess I should note that I'm considering the DarkVoice and LD MKIII on massdrop, I believe I would be happy with either but I'm not sure how to decide. 

Nov 23, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #18,547 of 35,332
  That is an impressive sight. To bad I couldnt get in on the indiegogo. I have a rather nice DAC actually, what I really need is a AMP, currently I am using it as a DAC/AMP combo, but it really is under powered. Im currently using the TC-50-7774.I havent modded it but would like to in the future.

I just read about it, it's an under 100$ DAC from Taiwan :D

SMSL audio also has a headphone amplifier, very good reviews. Or you can buy some Schiit Audio amps. I have a tube amplifier therefore I know little about SS amps for HPs. Why don't you build a tube amp called Starving Student Millet Hybrid, very good stuff :)

Nov 23, 2015 at 9:55 PM Post #18,548 of 35,332
I have been interested in building an SS as well, however my current time is very limited. Last I looked at building one, there were no nice looking encasements for them either. But I shall do a quick search and see what I come up with.

Nov 23, 2015 at 11:00 PM Post #18,550 of 35,332

Schiit Magni. $99 +Shipping

Nov 23, 2015 at 11:09 PM Post #18,551 of 35,332

Bushmaster mkii... nuff said

Nov 24, 2015 at 12:30 AM Post #18,554 of 35,332
HD600 for $239 and HD650 for $299 when purchased from Amazon.com (Not 3rd party). Price shows up in checkout. 

I just tried and could not get that price.

EDIT: Just figured it out. Thanks for the heads up. Just bought the HD 600 from Adorama. Was considering exchanging for the 650 but haven't given the 600 enough of a chance yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back