The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Aug 29, 2015 at 3:18 AM Post #16,879 of 35,328
Seems like the Nighthawk reviews are all over the place. People gushing about it and saying "meh"

Don't worry, there is no possible coupon that can make the Beyer T1 a good value anyway.

My personal take...
Headphones with mixed reviews = a headphone with an intentionally colored sound.

For me, I could see that the Beyer DT880 was an objectively/technically proficient headphone, but subjectively the mids were thinner than I liked and the treble made my ears ring. I heard/owned a Senn HD700 that another head-fi'er found the treble to have objectionable glare at a narrow set of frequencies, on my head the treble didn't bug me, but I felt like part of the price premium was specifically for wearing comfort and it's specifically thick mids and overall tuning which was tonally quite nice, but I didn't like how the coloration sacrificed speed and resolution (the objective stuff was obvious to me, subjectively I had mixed +- feelings about the result).

To each their own! So, let the deals be posted (and the interested check reviews to see if the deal has appeal)!

Aug 29, 2015 at 12:17 PM Post #16,881 of 35,328
I don't mind impressions and opinions on items listed as deals...the thread is the Deals DISCUSSION Thread, after all.

Aug 29, 2015 at 12:32 PM Post #16,882 of 35,328
I don't mind impressions and opinions on items listed as deals...the thread is the Deals DISCUSSION Thread, after all.

Discuss the quality of the deal, not the product. There are other threads for that.

Aug 29, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #16,883 of 35,328

Discuss the quality of the deal, not the product. There are other threads for that.

When I'm very actively following this thread, I don't mind personally mind a few posts that are about impressions of the product. Although even then, sometimes I think it would be better served if people provided links to other discussions on head-fi about the product and let those who are interested go do their research.

At other times, I'm subscribed to the thread and just checking it once a day to see the actual deal listings and discussion of the deal quality. The longer discussions which are more about helping someone to decide to buy the product based on the product performance--recommendations discussions--do get in the way. I suspect that there are many lurkers that might feel that way, too. So seems best to consider what Allanmarcus said and limit discussion of the product, other than perhaps providing links to reviews or other discussions about it on Head-Fi.

Aug 29, 2015 at 12:55 PM Post #16,884 of 35,328

Hahaha... So much serious and mature commentary to my one sarcastic remark.

Really, honestly though guys, they are discontinuing the current version of the T1 and releasing a MK2 version. There are going to be a lot of deals on this headphone in the next couple of months as people clear out the old ones. If this is a headphone you are considering, I STRONGLY urge you to find a way to try it for yourself ASAP, so you can make an informed buying decision about it.

Lots of reviews made it sound like the T1 would be my dream headphone, but in reality, that was not the case at all. Even with a great deal (I paid $550), I found it very expensive for a headphone with so many sonic maladies. In my experience, this is the ultimate YMMV headphone - people either love it or hate it and the reviews do not always do a good job of reflecting the actual sound for different hearing types. I've spoken with several head-fi'ers who share the same opinion. So again, I strongly urge you to try this particular model before you buy (coming from my own personal experience and disappointment).

That is all. Back to the deals.

Aug 29, 2015 at 1:27 PM Post #16,885 of 35,328

Really, honestly though guys, they are discontinuing the current version of the T1 and releasing a MK2 version. There are going to be a lot of deals on this headphone in the next couple of months as people clear out the old ones. If this is a headphone you are considering, I STRONGLY urge you to find a way to try it for yourself ASAP, so you can make an informed buying decision about it.

Lots of reviews made it sound like the T1 would be my dream headphone, but in reality, that was not the case at all. Even with a great deal (I paid $550), I found it very expensive for a headphone with so many sonic maladies. In my experience, this is the ultimate YMMV headphone - people either love it or hate it and the reviews do not always do a good job of reflecting the actual sound for different hearing types. I've spoken with several head-fi'ers who share the same opinion. So again, I strongly urge you to try this particular model before you buy (coming from my own personal experience and disappointment).

Since I'm considering to purchase T1, can you please briefly point out what kind of T1 sound disappoints you? 

Aug 29, 2015 at 1:47 PM Post #16,886 of 35,328

Since I'm considering to purchase T1, can you please briefly point out what kind of T1 sound disappoints you? 

Let's take the convo to PM, as to not clog up the deals thread. I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Aug 29, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #16,887 of 35,328

To echo hansotek, research and audition (if you can). There is no shortage of opinions on every headphone related product here at head-fi. Also, you will never find a product that doesn't have at least one detractor.

Aug 29, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #16,888 of 35,328
When I'm very actively following this thread, I don't mind personally mind a few posts that are about impressions of the product. Although even then, sometimes I think it would be better served if people provided links to other discussions on head-fi about the product and let those who are interested go do their research.

At other times, I'm subscribed to the thread and just checking it once a day to see the actual deal listings and discussion of the deal quality. The longer discussions which are more about helping someone to decide to buy the product based on the product performance--recommendations discussions--do get in the way. I suspect that there are many lurkers that might feel that way, too. So seems best to consider what Allanmarcus said and limit discussion of the product, other than perhaps providing links to reviews or other discussions about it on Head-Fi.

I was automatically subscribed when I first joined. I gave it a try. And like any person that wanted to keep their email an actual inbox and not an forum board, I unsubscribed. I didn't come on here complaining. Moreover, the discussion is the most important part. It's actually more important that the deals themselves. Plus a lot of dudes have fun on here and there's nothing wrong with that. 
Anyways, here's 160 off

http://www.amazon.com/Monster-MPC-S402-2C-250-2-Conductor/dp/B000FNXV8A/ref=sr_1_37?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1440875238&sr=1-37&pebp=1440875255991&perid=1F2NFESAESPV18B07WH3

Aug 29, 2015 at 6:34 PM Post #16,889 of 35,328

I was automatically subscribed when I first joined. I gave it a try. And like any person that wanted to keep their email an actual inbox and not an forum board, I unsubscribed. I didn't come on here complaining. Moreover, the discussion is the most important part. It's actually more important that the deals themselves. Plus a lot of dudes have fun on here and there's nothing wrong with that. 
Anyways, here's 160 off

http://www.amazon.com/Monster-MPC-S402-2C-250-2-Conductor/dp/B000FNXV8A/ref=sr_1_37?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1440875238&sr=1-37&pebp=1440875255991&perid=1F2NFESAESPV18B07WH3

OK--but you might want to fix your link.  See:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/692119/the-deals-discussion-thread-read-the-first-post

Aug 29, 2015 at 6:59 PM Post #16,890 of 35,328
Just saw this in BensBargains. Not sure if it's been posted here.

JBL J22A In-Ear Headphone - Black
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=0TH-001X-00046
$9.99 

For over 60 years, JBL® engineers have crafted the precise, naturally articulated sound found in cinemas, arenas and recording studios around the world. That legendary JBL sound is now available anywhere personal audio travels – with a look all its own. JBL J22a in-ear headphones employ high-performance drivers that generate outstanding frequency response, high output and pure bass that is deep, powerful and accurate, which lets you hear the truth from your favorite music. Three pairs of silicone sleeves (small, medium and large) are included for optimal comfort and passive noise reduction. Flat elastomer cables resist tangling, and a one-button mic/remote lets you take calls from your Android™ device without taking the headphones off. An extension ring on the jack accommodates most smartphone cases, so you can stay connected and your phone can stay covered. Available in white or black, J22a headphones feature tinted silicone sleeves, sandblasted metal-alloy housing rims with fingerprint-resistant lacquer, orange speaker mesh accents and metallic JBL logos, making them an aesthetic, as well as acoustic, triumph. A carry pouch is included to protect the headphones and keep the extra silicone sleeves from getting lost. Now great JBL sound goes wherever you go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back