The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Aug 16, 2015 at 1:33 PM Post #16,606 of 35,328
I have the PFE 232 and 132, Think they are really comfortable and good sounding.
Have been discontinued (though Earphone Solutions seems to have a limitless supply for the past year or so...)
Code AU65

http://www.earphonesolutions.com/audeo-phonak.html

Aug 16, 2015 at 1:34 PM Post #16,607 of 35,328
Error, double post.

Aug 16, 2015 at 3:15 PM Post #16,608 of 35,328
Prior to purchasing from the BeyerUSA ebay store I spoke with a couple of folks who had previously purchased items from the store.  Both were positive.  I also did some searching around the web to find negative comments and I couldn't find much.  Price was the primary reason for the few negative comments.  The commenters were able to find it elsewhere weeks or months later for about the same price with the warranty.  

I wonder if the ebay guarantee would factor in if the device is DOA?

Aug 16, 2015 at 3:23 PM Post #16,609 of 35,328

Absolutely.  You would get your money back as per ebay rules if an item is materially different than described, and DOA is materially different.

You might have to pay the return shipping back to them, but they could not add a charge for initial shipping to you. 

Aug 16, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #16,610 of 35,328
I have the PFE 232 and 132, Think they are really comfortable and good sounding.
Have been discontinued (though Earphone Solutions seems to have a limitless supply for the past year or so...)
Code AU65

http://www.earphonesolutions.com/audeo-phonak.html

Quoted myself because I didn't mention what the code gets you..which was 65% off, ends at midnight Eastern Standard Time.

Aug 16, 2015 at 4:35 PM Post #16,611 of 35,328
  Prior to purchasing from the BeyerUSA ebay store I spoke with a couple of folks who had previously purchased items from the store.  Both were positive.  I also did some searching around the web to find negative comments and I couldn't find much.  Price was the primary reason for the few negative comments.  The commenters were able to find it elsewhere weeks or months later for about the same price with the warranty.  

I corrosponded with Bd-USA and they will remediate a DOA. From bd-usa:
"Unfortunately we do not offer warranties on the used items on our eBay page. If an item is malfunctioning at first use we do make an accommodations in instances like that."

Aug 16, 2015 at 4:41 PM Post #16,612 of 35,328
Pangea 101 portable tube amp $99 on Amazon and Audio Advisors. Was introduced at $250 and did not sell well. This is a high quality, well made amp that I love. It is NOT made for tube rollers as getting the 1 tube in and out is difficult. Audio Advisors recommends returning to them to change the tube. I know, it sounds a bit much, but when you consider the quality of the product and how often you would need to replace a tube in a portable amp, This is worth a real look.

Aug 16, 2015 at 7:23 PM Post #16,613 of 35,328
Pangea 101 portable tube amp $99 on Amazon and Audio Advisors. Was introduced at $250 and did not sell well. This is a high quality, well made amp that I love. It is NOT made for tube rollers as getting the 1 tube in and out is difficult. Audio Advisors recommends returning to them to change the tube. I know, it sounds a bit much, but when you consider the quality of the product and how often you would need to replace a tube in a portable amp, This is worth a real look.

The reviews on Amazon don't really inspire confidence. Also, it'd be great if you could include a link when making a post about a deal.
http://www.amazon.com/Pangea-Audio-Tube-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B00TA6Z8XY

Aug 16, 2015 at 7:56 PM Post #16,614 of 35,328

Audio Advisor is great to work with. You have 30 days to returns a product for any reason. I know you can return things with Amazon but I would go directly to AA. The price is right and there is little risk. 

Aug 16, 2015 at 7:58 PM Post #16,615 of 35,328
It's a good price...I'd rather read "real" reviews, generally don't trust the Amazon ones

Aug 16, 2015 at 8:18 PM Post #16,616 of 35,328
It's a good price...I'd rather read "real" reviews, generally don't trust the Amazon ones

Problem is, there aren't any. Amazon ones were the only ones I could find.

Aug 16, 2015 at 8:21 PM Post #16,617 of 35,328
True, I have power cords fen them, but can't say I ever compared them to the high priced spread.

Aug 16, 2015 at 9:28 PM Post #16,618 of 35,328
I don't have as much experience as you guys but I tried that Pangea amp and liked it. Really smooth sound, the only problem was the amp was under powered. Which is probably why they don't list the specs. I should have tried my more efficient headphones with it but I only planned on using it with my k7xx's. The sound was pretty good, the best vocals I've heard on the k7xx (nfb 12, vali, magni). But they didn't open up, not a lot of mid bass, sub and pretty congested. However, there was definitely no hum or hiss that others have mentioned. It also has a cirrus dac. 

Also, I think it's a rebranded chinese amp that was already on eBay. It seems like they dropped it to match it. 

Aug 17, 2015 at 2:57 AM Post #16,619 of 35,328
There are some strange prices on Amazon.ca from third-party sellers.

Vision Store USA and Histore CA both have Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro listed for CAD$80.56. They ship from the UK though, so that's weird. Vision Store USA also had Sennheiser HD650s for ~CAD70, but they seem to be gone now. I grabbed a pair, so we'll see what happens. 

Beyers:
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/offer-listing/B0011UB9CQ/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Both stores have decent ratings. Vision Store has over 4000 at about 95%, and Histore has about 500 at 100%. I'm not sure what kind of scams people may be able to run on Amazon, but I was willing to take the risk.

Aug 17, 2015 at 3:00 AM Post #16,620 of 35,328
There are some strange prices on Amazon.ca from third-party sellers.

Vision Store USA and Histore CA both have Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro listed for CAD$80.56. They ship from the UK though, so that's weird. Vision Store USA also had Sennheiser HD650s for ~CAD70, but they seem to be gone now. I grabbed a pair, so we'll see what happens. 

Beyers:
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/offer-listing/B0011UB9CQ/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Both stores have decent ratings. Vision Store has over 4000 at about 95%, and Histore has about 500 at 100%. I'm not sure what kind of scams people may be able to run on Amazon, but I was willing to take the risk.
those are crazy prices!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back