The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Mar 19, 2015 at 4:45 PM Post #13,396 of 35,373
DT 880 Pro 250Ω on Adorama for $185, $160 after rebate.
Yeah it's rebate deal, but it's lower than last time.

http://www.adorama.com/BDDT880P250.html?emailprice=t&utm_term=Other&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=Other&utm_source=cj_227502&cvosrc=affiliate.cj.227502 (affiliate link required)

https://adorama.4myrebate.com/?oc=ADO-10059 (rebate link)

Mar 19, 2015 at 4:54 PM Post #13,397 of 35,373
You can get the Philips SHP9500 for $63 here:  http://flash.newegg.com/Product/N82E16826138190

I used to love newegg, but now I'm very wary. They don't pay return shipping like Amazon does, even if it's a newegg/Rosewill branded dead-on-arrival defect, and I ordered some things from Newegg flash which got "lost" in shipping, they would only refund me instead of shipping a comparable priced product currently on sale. Kicker was they had me wait a week while they "investigated" the lost package before refunding me, and the day they refunded me I checked the tracking number and watched the package get shipped back to newegg...

Customer service does respond to you and does try to help, but it's not a complete 5* service.

Mar 19, 2015 at 5:01 PM Post #13,398 of 35,373
I used to love newegg, but now I'm very wary. They don't pay return shipping like Amazon does, even if it's a newegg/Rosewill branded dead-on-arrival defect, and I ordered some things from Newegg flash which got "lost" in shipping, they would only refund me instead of shipping a comparable priced product currently on sale. Kicker was they had me wait a week while they "investigated" the lost package before refunding me, and the day they refunded me I checked the tracking number and watched the package get shipped back to newegg...

Customer service does respond to you and does try to help, but it's not a complete 5* service.

I have the exact same issues with them.  I dislike the way they do things.  I only order from them if it is an extremely good deal.

Mar 19, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #13,400 of 35,373

Interesting.  I'm wondering how in the world they voice a dynamic like an e-stat, but if they've managed to do that (I haven't drank that koolaid quite yet), then that's a heck of a deal indeed.

HS

It's not going to be exact particularly in speed but it comes close. MagickMan has a good write-up as well as some modding (although I'm not too fond of the 2nd part of his mod with the felt). Also keep in mind the build quality, super budget feel but it did stand up to normal home use really well.

There's also less bass than what most people like there to be...although the bass reaches deep its very controlled and has a fast decay. The mids on em are very slightly forward with a nice fast but apparent decay (when comparing to the HE560). For the first 50-100hrs the treble on these are unbearable, for the first 24hrs the bass is non-existent. I couldn't relax with these headphones until around 150hrs on the DX100, the Project Polaris at the time made them bearable in between 0 to 150hrs.

Mar 19, 2015 at 6:25 PM Post #13,402 of 35,373

In a way, it's not really Newegg's fault your shipment is lost (blame the carrier). Yeah, while paying for shipping on DOA items suck (unless you're a Premier customer), keep in mind that Newegg isn't as big as Amazon to have those free returns and etc. But then again you have smallish companies like BuyDig with awesome service...

Mar 19, 2015 at 10:16 PM Post #13,404 of 35,373
In a way, it's not really Newegg's fault your shipment is lost (blame the carrier). Yeah, while paying for shipping on DOA items suck (unless you're a Premier customer), keep in mind that Newegg isn't as big as Amazon to have those free returns and etc. But then again you have smallish companies like BuyDig with awesome service...

Right.
Don't want to derail thread, so to put a bow on it:
I do blame the carrier, but apparently they found it immediately after I was refunded, meanwhile newegg got to hold onto my money for a couple weeks.
Customer service was courteous, but they didn't have any more stock of my purchase, policy wouldn't let them do an even exchange for a same-priced other brand alternative that was also on sale.
They also charged me extra money on my electronics parts because I was unlucky enough to get a sample that was DOA, through shipping fees and time.

I'm NOT saying not to buy from Newegg, but I am saying their policies and customer service aren't what they used to be, and if the price difference is small with another company known for awesome customer service I take hard consideration about what that is worth. For example I would've saved time and shipping money just ordering a slightly higher priced unit from Amazon (or BuyDig) in both my instances. Massdrop takes time too, so probably a toss-up to where to order from, probably things will go fine either way.

Mar 20, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #13,406 of 35,373
  I can't get it to work on any of them.  Last week's rebate deal only applied to the black so your question is quite valid.  I'm on the lookout for a set in white myself.

Prob over was a deal of the day type thing. If you don't jump on Amazon quick you lose out. Just keep eye out they change prices there in a blink of the eye.

Mar 20, 2015 at 1:40 PM Post #13,407 of 35,373
Fiio X5 319.00 + 31.90 ebay bucks(YMMV) on ebay
So basically 287.10 if you use ebay often and received 10% ebay bucks offer.
Seems to be best price atm.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FiiO-X5-Portable-High-Resolution-Music-Player-FREE-SHIP-/221717549200?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item339f655090

Off the topic, if someone finds ibasso dx90 deal, please let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back