The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Feb 25, 2015 at 1:02 PM Post #12,932 of 35,326
  I wonder how long it will take for someone to mention the final run of K7XX on massdrop? 
darthsmile.gif

The final run of K7XX on massdrop.

Boy, that didn't take long!

Feb 25, 2015 at 1:09 PM Post #12,933 of 35,326

They have them all in hand too, so it should ship really quickly this time.  

BTW, this isn't the final run.  It's the final batch of the initial run.  With the response they got, I am sure there will be more runs.

Feb 25, 2015 at 3:08 PM Post #12,934 of 35,326

Ordered them a few weeks ago and cancelled my drop 2 days later because I bought the fidelio x1 for 169 on amazon lightning deal. Now I am staring at this drop with bad thoughts of buying it going through my head.

Feb 25, 2015 at 3:15 PM Post #12,935 of 35,326
  Ordered them a few weeks ago and cancelled my drop 2 days later because I bought the fidelio x1 for 169 on amazon lightning deal. Now I am staring at this drop with bad thoughts of buying it going through my head.

When I first joined Head-fi, I bought the X1 and the Q701 at the same time to see which I liked better.  I couldn't decide until I did the bass mod on the Q701, then the choice was easy.  I sold off the X1 and kept the Q701 because I clearly preferred it better.

If you can afford to try both and see which you like better, it's always a beneficial experience.

For the record, I still have my Q701 and I doubt I'll ever get rid of it.  I can't imagine a better gaming can.

Feb 25, 2015 at 3:24 PM Post #12,937 of 35,326

When I first joined Head-fi, I bought the X1 and the Q701 at the same time to see which I liked better.  I couldn't decide until I did the bass mod on the Q701, then the choice was easy.  I sold off the X1 and kept the Q701 because I clearly preferred it better.

If you can afford to try both and see which you like better, it's always a beneficial experience.

For the record, I still have my Q701 and I doubt I'll ever get rid of it.  I can't imagine a better gaming can.

Ahh, I was hoping you'd talk me off the ledge lolol. Damn, must. not. grab. my. credit. card.

Feb 25, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #12,939 of 35,326
  Ahh, I was hoping you'd talk me off the ledge lolol. Damn, must. not. grab. my. credit. card.

I'll talk you off the ledge. 

X1 is better than the modded 701 or 7xx.  The 7xx batch, btw, has rattle issues (caveat emptor).

X1 is an amazing headphone.  For retail price, it's still an incredible deal.  I reach out for it much more frequently than even the vaunted HD650.

....If you're itching to spend money, buy your mother some perfume or Paypal it to a charity. 
tongue.gif

Feb 25, 2015 at 3:34 PM Post #12,940 of 35,326
  I don't think you will miss out too much. IMO the 7XX is only slightly better sonically and more comfortable. But I am very happy with my X1 as well. 
Maybe you could save up and go for higher tier gears in the future? :)

I'll talk you off the ledge.  X1 is better than the modded 701.

X1 is an amazing headphone.  For retail price, it's still an incredible deal.  I reach out for it much more frequently than even the vaunted HD650.

I've owned a HD 700, and I probably would not buy another high end headphone again unless it is another HD 700 as I loved the sound and the comfort. I would probably consider the HE 500's or possibly the HD 800's. Although I do love audio and headphones I wouldn't consider myself an Audiophile. I would just say that I enjoy music and like how different headphones make the same songs sound so different.

I think I want the k7xx because I know that it is a limited run and after this drop there will be no others, more then I actually want the headphone for its sound. lol

Feb 25, 2015 at 3:40 PM Post #12,941 of 35,326

I think I want the k7xx because I know that it is a limited run and after this drop there will be no others, more then I actually want the headphone for its sound. lol

From what I understand, due to success, Massdrop will have more runs later this year.  This "limited edition" ain't so "limited".

I'm sure later runs will be an improvement in the sense that they'll hopefully resolve the rattle issue and make the headphone not so cheaply constructed (you get what you pay for, I guess).

Feb 25, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #12,942 of 35,326
How many sets of green filters does the Perfect Bass have? No need to buy the green filters separately if the Perfect Bass has several sets along with the changing tool. I'm more interested in the gray and black filters anyway.

Yes, definitely get the gray or black. I prefer the black. The greens are not a good sound IMHO. Too rolled off, too warm. I should have mentioned that in my praise.

I'm not sure how many come with it. I didn't really look. I just removed the ones that came in it and put in a set of blacks. I think the are at least four setA of greens that come with the perfect bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back