The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Feb 17, 2015 at 11:49 AM Post #12,616 of 35,328

Thanks!  Do these guys ship right away or are like Massdrop where you have to wait a while before they ship?

Just FYI, I ordered the X5 over the weekend from BuySonic and I got my shipping notification today.  It's going to come in Monday (sloooow shipping) but at least they got it out lickety split!

Feb 17, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #12,617 of 35,328
Just FYI, I ordered the X5 over the weekend from BuySonic and I got my shipping notification today.  It's going to come in Monday (sloooow shipping) but at least they got it out lickety split!

My Chane bookshelf speakers just got shipped and will arrive Monday, too. Ironically it's shipping from sparks NV, which I hear is pretty close to you

Feb 17, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #12,618 of 35,328
My Chane bookshelf speakers just got shipped and will arrive Monday, too. Ironically it's shipping from sparks NV, which I hear is pretty close to you

Well it's like a 7 hour drive, but that's pretty close for quick shipping.  When did the drop end for those?  Like a week ago?  That's not too bad!

Feb 17, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #12,619 of 35,328

Well it's like a 7 hour drive, but that's pretty close for quick shipping.  When did the drop end for those?  Like a week ago?  That's not too bad!

It's close to me when in Reno.  It's about 450 road miles to Vegas.

Feb 17, 2015 at 3:26 PM Post #12,620 of 35,328

Well, drop ended on Feb 6th, and last Friday I got an email from Massdrop saying "We checked tracking and there seems to be No movement from the vendor yet, we sent an email requesting an update. We expect to hear back Tuesday after the holiday, but the product should still arrive within shipping estimates." Massdrop did follow up with tracking info today, but long wait times is simply part of the deal when ordering on Massdrop.

Feb 17, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #12,621 of 35,328
Well, drop ended on Feb 6th, and last Friday I got an email from Massdrop saying "We checked tracking and there seems to be No movement from the vendor yet, we sent an email requesting an update. We expect to hear back Tuesday after the holiday, but the product should still arrive within shipping estimates." Massdrop did follow up with tracking info today, but long wait times is simply part of the deal when ordering on Massdrop.

Yes, I realize all that.  I was just asking because my original post on the subject was to see whether BuySonic shipped like normal or like MD.  It shipped the next business day and yours shipped a week+ after the end of the drop so yeah, sounds like the question was answered.  :-D

Feb 17, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #12,622 of 35,328
Motorola Store has the Sol Republic x 1430 Tracks Air Wireless Headphones for $75 with free shipping.  

http://www.motorola.com/us/accessories-headphones-speakers/TRACKS-AIR-by-SOL-REPUBLIC-x-Motorola/TRACKS-AIR-by-SOL-REPUBLIC-x-Motorola.html

Feb 17, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #12,623 of 35,328
buysonic has pretty fast shipping times. got my audeze lcd-x from them within 4-5 days total after I placed my order. massdrop is usually not too bad. 1-2 weeks after the drop ends I think.

Feb 17, 2015 at 7:36 PM Post #12,625 of 35,328
"Factory Refurbished" Audio Technica AD-900x for $99 with coupon code MARDIGRAS15 - http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=ATHAD900XOB
Condition says it's a refurb but description states it's open-box. Not sure which but either way it's a good price for some solid headphones.

Also new AD-900x are available for $124 with the same coupon code - http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=ATHAD900X

Feb 17, 2015 at 7:59 PM Post #12,626 of 35,328
"Factory Refurbished" Audio Technica AD-900x for $99 with coupon code MARDIGRAS15 - http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=ATHAD900XOB
Condition says it's a refurb but description states it's open-box. Not sure which but either way it's a good price for some solid headphones.

Also new AD-900x are available for $124 with the same coupon code - http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=ATHAD900X

Is this website an authorized seller of real merchandise?

Feb 17, 2015 at 8:00 PM Post #12,627 of 35,328
Condition says it's a refurb but description states it's open-box.

Hmmm... I wonder if that's the one I returned last month...
The AD900X I returned is pretty much new, but had a slight channel imbalance on the right driver.

Is this website an authorized seller of real merchandise?

Yup.

Feb 17, 2015 at 8:33 PM Post #12,628 of 35,328

Hmmm... I wonder if that's the one I returned last month...
The AD900X I returned is pretty much new, but had a slight channel imbalance on the right driver.

There is actually more than one, but it could very well be a batch of channel-mismatched AD900X's. I was able to add two, apply the code and get to the screen prior to payment. YMMV. EDIT: The coupon only is good towards one.

Feb 17, 2015 at 9:36 PM Post #12,629 of 35,328
So I got my 2nd set of Phonaks today.  These came with the green filters installed so I can compare to my other pair with the blacks.

The difference between the two is actually very slight.  I'd give the nod to the blacks for being SLIGHTLY more balanced sounding.  The green has a tad bit more bass at the expense of some mid/treble clarity making it feel a bit warmer.  It's very minor, nothing like the difference with the grays.  My order of preference is Black>Green>Grey

Feb 17, 2015 at 9:56 PM Post #12,630 of 35,328
So I got my 2nd set of Phonaks today.  These came with the green filters installed so I can compare to my other pair with the blacks.

The difference between the two is actually very slight.  I'd give the nod to the blacks for being SLIGHTLY more balanced sounding.  The green has a tad bit more bass at the expense of some mid/treble clarity making it feel a bit warmer.  It's very minor, nothing like the difference with the grays.  My order of preference is Black>Green>Grey

Got my Audeo 022 with the greay filters today as well. The grey filters look incredibly small and I bought it despite without a changing tool because i thought i would be able change them by hands and i was so wrong. So disappointed now :frowning2:(.

Does anyone here have an extra changing tool? Please let me borrow yours and i'll ship back with 2 pairs of grey filters as a gift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back