The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Feb 17, 2015 at 10:32 PM Post #12,631 of 35,339
Got my Audeo 022 with the greay filters today as well. The grey filters look incredibly small and I bought it despite without a changing tool because i thought i would be able change them by hands and i was so wrong. So disappointed now
frown.gif
(.

Does anyone here have an extra changing tool? Please let me borrow yours and i'll ship back with 2 pairs of grey filters as a gift.

You can get green filters with tool for $8.00 if code still works.

Feb 17, 2015 at 10:47 PM Post #12,633 of 35,339
Narmoo is releasing new dual dynamic IEMs: B2M and W1M based on the S1 but with more balanced tuning (so they say). Red/blue colored ring on housing to differentiate right and left. Single button media/call with mic.

30% off code: NM1502 good through 2/28.
For me it's $42.55 with tax and shipping included. They say it's for existing customers...

http://narmoo.com

There's a seller on Amazon (ZarToo, fulfilled by Amazon) that sells it for $39.99 flat rate with Prime shipping

http://www.amazon.com/NarMoo-B2M-Dual-Driver-Headphones-compatible/dp/B00SURJAII
link is for the B2M
http://www.amazon.com/NarMoo-W1M-Dual-Driver-Headphones-compatible/dp/B00SURUTVA
for the W1M

Feb 17, 2015 at 11:05 PM Post #12,634 of 35,339

Have you posted any comparisons between your X and 560 yet?

nope not yet. i usually like to take a lot of time listening to headphones before i feel comfortable writing down my impressions. also, would like to try with a variety of different components.

will not be coming soon, but will definitely write up a detailed comparison at a later date.

honestly, big picture view, both headphones perform very well & have similar sound quality when volume matched. TMRaven's comparison between the HE-560, LCD-X, and PM-1 is pretty accurate for me, so I don't really have much new stuff to add. I think the easiest way to make a decision between them is whether you are looking for a purely neutral sound signature or a neutral sound signature with a bit more bass & funner sound. And also, consider comfort. Everything else is just subtle differences that is only very noticeable during direct comparisons.

:) hope this is helpful.

Feb 17, 2015 at 11:37 PM Post #12,635 of 35,339
Well, with that small a difference, how much more is the Audeze? $500 or more, no? Makes the 560 a bargain(it's saving money like this that keeps my bank account shrinking).

Feb 17, 2015 at 11:53 PM Post #12,636 of 35,339
Well, with that small a difference, how much more is the Audeze? $500 or more, no? Makes the 560 a bargain(it's saving money like this that keeps my bank account shrinking).

Dj, time to join us over at summit-fi to discuss the he1000. All that hifiman you love and more! :)

Feb 18, 2015 at 12:16 AM Post #12,637 of 35,339

hahah... i think depends on your sound signature preference if its worth it for you. I really do enjoy the lcd-x's sound & think it is definitely worth trying for sure. even better if you can direct compare it against the lcd-3 as I felt it was more a subjective decision between them.

Dj, time to join us over at summit-fi to discuss the he1000. All that hifiman you love and more!
smily_headphones1.gif

hahah ya, i am following that thread. i actually got a chance to hear the he1000 & thought it was a clear step-up from all the other flagships i've heard so far (from audeze, oppo, sennheiser, akg, and hifiman) . especially impressive was it's sound stage. then its neutral presentation with great bass quality (impact & presence). treble was especially realistic for me. quite interested in trying them again! :) no direct comparisons were done though, so would like to retest them more objectively in the future :)

Feb 18, 2015 at 12:31 AM Post #12,638 of 35,339
hahah ya, i am following that thread. i actually got a chance to hear the he1000 & thought it was a clear step-up from all the other flagships i've heard so far (from audeze, oppo, sennheiser, akg, and hifiman) . especially impressive was it's sound stage. then its neutral presentation with great bass quality (impact & presence). treble was especially realistic for me. quite interested in trying them again! :) no direct comparisons were done though, so would like to retest them more objectively in the future :)

a planar with better soundstage than the best dynamic drivers? unheard of if it succeeds. I'm really interested in trying it.  

90 dB sensitivity and 35 ohm impedance boggles my mind. It would make it as efficient as the HE-560. Ultimately, the price is gonna make it or break it for me for a must buy but will most likely just buy them at a later date if they're too far out of my current budget.. 

Feb 18, 2015 at 1:15 AM Post #12,639 of 35,339

The LCD-X is better than the HE-560, more immersive and more detailed. Also the LCD-X feel more like a premium product (and they should). Going by MSRP, are they $600 better? For most folks, no. At the "best street price", $700 vs $1100? Geez.. personally, I'd go the extra $400 and get the Audeze.

Feb 18, 2015 at 1:38 AM Post #12,640 of 35,339
The LCD-X is better than the HE-560, more immersive and more detailed. Also the LCD-X feel more like a premium product (and they should). Going by MSRP, are they $600 better? For most folks, no. At the "best street price", $700 vs $1100? Geez.. personally, I'd go the extra $400 and get the Audeze.

Woah, could you kindly share where I might get the best street price of $1100?

Feb 18, 2015 at 1:50 AM Post #12,642 of 35,339

edit: also @scizzro, since you were asking abt a sonic comparison.

this is a bit off-topic, but i actually found that the he-560 was a tad more detailed (esp with micro-detail & crispness) due to its more neutral presentation when doing a direct volume-matched AB comparison. i feel like you definitely notice the small subtle details a bit more on the he-560 over the lcd-x, but neither of them lacks with resolution.

the lcd-x definitely feels like a more premium product. And I agree that its presentation is more immersive.

sound stage is still too hard to call at this point. seems like the lcd-x has a more intimate presentation but a wider L to R stage while the HE-560 you are farther back from the stage with more depth, but an equally impressive though not as wide L-R stage. I feel like imaging (placement of instruments) is great on both headphones. the instruments seem placed farther apart on the lcd-x while the he-560 can locate the placement a tad bit more precisely. 

the lcd-x has a bit extra "smoothness" where the instruments blend together and flow very organically, while the he-560 is a bit crisper with its presentation. Gives the impression that the he-560 is faster with tighter notes, but I don't think that is actually the case. notes do seem more separated and distinct on the he-560, but the attack/decay of the lcd-x is also quite impressive. they both have the "planar speed/quickness" in their notes compared to other headphones, so just a minor relative differences in presentation between them. this would be one of the more noticeable sound quality differences between the two headphones.

biggest sonic difference (imo) would be the he-560 has an extremely neutral crisp presentation while the lcd-x has a smoother presentation that emphasize the bass a bit more. There is more bass slam and presence on the lcd-x.

in terms of value, I do currently feel the he-560 offers very high-end audiophile-quality/neutral-oriented sound at a fantastic price that does not seem to have a competitor at their current price point (especially considering sales/open boxes). Have seen the T1 at $900, but have not had the pleasure of hearing those. The other most competitive flagship offerings I have also seen & heard in terms of price is the akg k712 pros at <$1100 and the hd800 at $900+ (rarely) with a similar level of overall sound quality and similar overall sound signature - a leaner sound signature compared to the audeze house sound.

the audeze lcd-x is quite appealing to me personally though and I personally really enjoy its presentation and overall sound signature. lowest sale price i have seen for these was at $1.3k. would love to know where you found them at $1.1k!

a key finding for me was that the lcd-x requires a lot less power than the he-560 and plays at a much higher volume at the same volume pot. this requires more fine tuning to get a volume matched comparison. when just switching between them without volume matching, the lcd-x initially sounds sonically superior just based on the fact it is so much louder than the he-560 at the same power.

i do want to note that I am using a warmer tube amp, so findings may change as I play with different equipment. another note is this is only about 2 weeks of comparisons, so i still think these are initial impressions that i would be hesitant to quote them directly. will still require more time to form a concrete opinion & write a more detailed comparison.

I would personally stray away from overarching recommendations about which one is better as I feel like subjective preferences and what sonic qualities you appreciate can easily swing your favor one way or the other.

I would highly recommend trying both directly with familiar sources while volume matching to see if the price difference is worth it for you personally. do note the he-560 is much more comfortable than the lcd-x, though i have found fixes (a suspension strap or seat belt wrap) for the audeze's bumpy headband design (if that is a concern for you). if weight is a concern (aka the old he-400s were too heavy for you), you can quickly rule out all audeze headphones for daily usage if you do a lot of extended multiple hour long listening sessions.

hope this is sort of helpful! :) cheers!

edit: final note, I personally found the lcd-x more personally appealing to me during a few different auditions directly comparing the lcd-x and lcd-3. the sonic differences between those two models were extremely subtle and it was difficult to call which one i was listening to when blinded. so if you are looking only audeze products especially comparing the lcd-x's sales price vs the lcd-3 retail price, then the question of value per sonic performance does shift quite significantly in the lcd-x's favor. would need more time with the lcd-3 to really comment on specific differences as it was extremely difficult to consistently pick out sonic differences between them when I was blinded.

Feb 18, 2015 at 2:15 AM Post #12,643 of 35,339
Woah, could you kindly share where I might get the best street price of $1100?

Call Razordog and ask for his best price on "B" stocks, which are strangely a lot like the regular ones, from what I can tell. Do the same with the HE-560s and compare prices.

Definitely can't agree with the HE-560s being more detailed, though they are more tuned towards treble presentation than the LCD-X. I think it's an illusion, many people will automatically choose the brighter headphone when comparing detail, but the reality is that even warmer sounding cans can be just as good in that area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back