The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Jan 15, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #11,626 of 35,345
Jesus you guys are paranoid. The sign up is right there on the front page of Jet.com.

And as a correction I read the article on IGN.com, I'm pretty sure a site that big wouldn't report on a pyramid scheme.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/01/13/jetcom-is-doing-to-amazon-what-costco-did-to-walmart

But yeah nobody is forcing anyone to sign up, so like...don't if you don't want to.

Jan 15, 2015 at 6:15 PM Post #11,627 of 35,345
Jesus you guys are paranoid. The sign up is right there on the front page of Jet.com.

And as a correction I read the article on IGN.com, I'm pretty sure a site that big wouldn't report on a pyramid scheme.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/01/13/jetcom-is-doing-to-amazon-what-costco-did-to-walmart

But yeah nobody is forcing anyone to sign up, so like...don't if you don't want to.

You give IGN waaaaaay too much credit.  But yeah, a little paranoia never hurt anyone.  :-D

Jan 15, 2015 at 6:30 PM Post #11,629 of 35,345

You give IGN waaaaaay too much credit.  But yeah, a little paranoia never hurt anyone.  :-D

Ah, so you're also an expert on the credibility of news sites that have been around for 15+ years as well? How did we ever get along without you?
tongue.gif

Jan 15, 2015 at 6:32 PM Post #11,630 of 35,345

Ah, so you're also an expert on the credibility of news sites that have been around for 15+ years as well? How did we ever get along without you?
tongue.gif

There's your problem... you think they're a news site.

Jan 15, 2015 at 6:34 PM Post #11,631 of 35,345

There's your problem... you think they're a news site.

No my problem is your condescending attitude. And they report on new games, movies, tech...last I checked that's called news.

Jan 15, 2015 at 6:39 PM Post #11,632 of 35,345

No my problem is your condescending attitude. And they report on new games, movies, tech...last I checked that's called news.

lol  Okay, bud, let's take a deep breath.  I'm just messing around.  I took your smiley to mean that you were too.  My apologies for misinterpreting.  

Anyways, you're clearly very into IGN so I'll let that subject go.  
beerchug.gif

Jan 15, 2015 at 6:43 PM Post #11,633 of 35,345

lol  Okay, bud, let's take a deep breath.  I'm just messing around.  I took your smiley to mean that you were too.  My apologies for misinterpreting.  

Anyways, you're clearly very into IGN so I'll let that subject go.  
beerchug.gif

I'm very calm. I thought you were the paranoid one :wink:

And yeah, my job requires me to read hundreds of news sites, including IGN, so I kind of have to be into it. Anyway, back to the deals.

Jan 15, 2015 at 7:32 PM Post #11,635 of 35,345

are there any reputable "audiophile" reviews of the X7 yet?

what would you recommend instead, in a similar price range?

Well @Evshrug posted a pretty thorough review.  A quick search should find it here on Head-fi and I think it's the #1 review on Amazon right now.

The interesting thing about this device is that there isn't really anything for consoles that compares.  Until now there was a mighty large gap between the Astro Mixamp (etc) and the Smyth Realiser (sp?).  Maybe something like a Mixamp+Magni would be somewhat comparable.  But the X7 has a better DAC, an arguably on-par amp, TONS of connectivity (speaker taps, bluetooth, etc) and runs an arguably better surround DSP.

There's nothing in the price range I'd recommend instead.  But if you're not using all the bells and whistles of the X7, I think maybe a Mixamp or Recon3D is plenty for most folks.

Jan 15, 2015 at 7:48 PM Post #11,636 of 35,345
I've made an inexpensive rig to pair with BT headphones as a gaming headphone. You can make it even cheaper by using a cheap BT headset like a Creative for around $50. I'm sure the sound quality level is not up to par with wired but it's very close and super convenient with freedom to move around.

Chain looks like this: (links for each item)
Gaming console < optical cable > Turtle Beach DSS (1 or 2)  ($15-$20 Ebay openbox)  < 3.5mm interconnect >   Avantree BT low-latency transmitter ($56 Amazon)   >   your choice of BT headphone (mine is a modded MDR-XB950BT)

Total rig without headphone is ~$80 plus optical cable if you don't have one. The freedom to move around with surround is super convenient specially when using in a living room. The low-latency is crucial to making the rig, if you use a standard transmitter latency is usually around 300-400ms whereas low-latency is 25-30ms, hardly noticeable from a direct speaker out.

Jan 15, 2015 at 10:21 PM Post #11,638 of 35,345
Sonic Electronix's, the parent company of BuySonic, is having a huge closeout sale--so much that I can't list all of it even! It can be found here:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/landing/specials/2015/sonic-closeout/#group4

Jan 15, 2015 at 11:06 PM Post #11,640 of 35,345
  ^same dance and song.  The headphone related stuff looks to be the same items in a perpetual close-out.

Thank you for taking the time to point this out for everyone's benefit. Lately, I haven't been following Sonic Electronix too closely for headphone purchases so I would not have picked up on that detail. I take it that it is the same usual sales tactical most stores use year-round--a sale on a marked up product that is actually its normal, everyday price to begin with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back