The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Dec 28, 2014 at 10:10 AM Post #11,101 of 35,319
I seriously considered dumping my 650's when listening to them from my iCan. Kept reading posts about how picky they are with amps. So I bought a Valhalla ,used , for 180 bucks on ebay. Best thing I ever did. The 650's are a totally different animal now. It just boggles my mind , how different they really are with this amp. Even with the stock tubes , it was a huge improvement over the iCan. I'm sure the Burson will do them some great justice.
I wish you guys wouldn't make posts like this. I may have to buy a set.

I had the HD650 for a couple of weeks and didn't think too much of them...thought they were veiled.  However, the amp I had at that time had much less power than the amp (Burson Soloist) I have now and I may have to buy another set of HD650 just to see if the Soloist will lift that veil.  I am a firm believer that more power is always good. I am also a believer that if so many people love these headphones they must be doing a heck of a lot right. 

Dec 28, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #11,102 of 35,319

I had the HD650 for a couple of weeks and didn't think too much of them...thought they were veiled.  However, the amp I had at that time had much less power than the amp (Burson Soloist) I have now and I may have to buy another set of HD650 just to see if the Soloist will lift that veil.  I am a firm believer that more power is always good. I am also a believer that if so many people love these headphones they must be doing a heck of a lot right. 

I had them running through my decently powerful NFB-15 and they were just okay.  It wasn't until I ran them through my Project Ember that I got that WOW sound that gives me tingles on some songs.  Even my new LCD-2 don't do that.  I'm seriously trying to decide which I should keep because, as good as the LCD-2 sounds (and it does sound good!), it doesn't give me tingles like the HD650+Ember.

Dec 28, 2014 at 11:15 AM Post #11,103 of 35,319
The 650's need to be amped properly. I'm using a Woo Wa7 with the Electolux good tip tube upgrade Woo offers. Also, I suggest one listen to them solely for say a week.... No back-to-back with other cans. If you don't love them then, you probably never will.

I really like mine. Took me a while to adjust though. Couldn't say why...burn-in of equipment or brain....who knows.

HS

Dec 28, 2014 at 11:28 AM Post #11,105 of 35,319
I seriously considered dumping my 650's when listening to them from my iCan. Kept reading posts about how picky they are with amps. So I bought a Valhalla ,used , for 180 bucks on ebay. Best thing I ever did. The 650's are a totally different animal now. It just boggles my mind , how different they really are with this amp. Even with the stock tubes , it was a huge improvement over the iCan. I'm sure the Burson will do them some great justice.

Same here, have a few portable, entry amps, didn't do much for the 650's, didn't get what the fuss was all about. Then got Ray Samuels HR-2. This is another amp that makes them perform like champs, NOW I know what the big deal is!!

Dec 28, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #11,106 of 35,319
So apparently the Custom One Pro were for $72 on amazon yesterday. We all seemed to have missed it. sigh

If you are ever interested in an item Amazon sells, set a camel camelcamel alert.

I think it works with newegg too.

Dec 28, 2014 at 12:28 PM Post #11,107 of 35,319
After all these positive comments I'm now shopping for an HD650.  Let's hope I find a deal!

Dec 28, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #11,108 of 35,319
  I don't have a link.  It was one of their deals where I had to send them a message on their website and they got back to me with an e-mail.  If you call them I expect there is a chance they might do it.

Please can you give me the phone number of https://www.buysonic.com 
i found only email address. and i have sent several mails without any reply from them.
i would like to make direct phone call to see.

Thanks
Sam

Dec 28, 2014 at 12:30 PM Post #11,109 of 35,319
  After the $294 deal for the HD650 from Adorama last week, the best deal seems to be from Proaudiostar at $309

http://www.proaudiostar.com/sennheiser-hd-650-headphones.html

After all these positive comments I'm now shopping for an HD650.  Let's hope I find a deal!

This is about as good as it gets.

Dec 28, 2014 at 12:34 PM Post #11,110 of 35,319

Please can you give me the phone number of https://www.buysonic.com 
i found only email address. and i have sent several mails without any reply from them.
i would like to make direct phone call to see.

Thanks
Sam

Sorry but I was wrong about the phone number.  I sent them an e-mail and the main man (forget the name) responded very quickly.

Dec 28, 2014 at 12:38 PM Post #11,111 of 35,319

This is about as good as it gets.

What's the lowest these have been?  CCC shows $313 but we know thats not right.

Dec 28, 2014 at 12:40 PM Post #11,112 of 35,319

What's the lowest these have been?  CCC shows $313 but we know that not right.

It's right there in the quote.  They were $294 last week at Adorama for a little bit.  Besides that, this is the lowest price.  I got mine for $314 on Amazon flash sale before Black Friday and that was the lowest they'd been at the time.

For the record, I think $309 is a steal for these.  Especially if you're not in NY, you get free shipping and no tax.

Dec 28, 2014 at 1:36 PM Post #11,115 of 35,319
  What would be the correct power to make the 650 sound good. I have Schiit Asgard 2 amp and I am not sure it is powerful enough for the 650.

At 300 ohms the Schiit Asgard 2 puts out 380mW.  Sorry but I don't believe that is near enough to make the HD650 bloom. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back