The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Dec 7, 2014 at 2:57 PM Post #10,231 of 35,338

Thanks!  I have been considering them.  Would be easier to do if I knew I would like the 1793 as much as the 9018.  I've been intrigued with the sabre chips for quite a while but I've never heard one.

Beware. I just double-checked and Nwavguy identified Burson as one of the companies that design by ear. (E.g. anti-science folk,  basically headphone amp designed by the religious at heart.)

If that's fine with you then nevermind please, only trying to help a brother out.

They also happen to sound good?

Dec 7, 2014 at 2:58 PM Post #10,232 of 35,338

Beware. I just double-checked and Nwavguy identified Burson as one of the companies that design by ear. (E.g. anti-science folk,  basically headphone amp designed by the religious at heart.)

If that's fine with you then nevermind please, only trying to help a brother out.

Thanks for the "warning."  I never gave that much thought, but I definitely will from here on out.

Dec 7, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #10,233 of 35,338
  How do I keep forgetting about this?!  Every day is like a free surprise!

If only you had some sort of device with a built in calendar/alarm/reminder system!

Dec 7, 2014 at 3:32 PM Post #10,234 of 35,338
Hey, the 650s ain't that bad looking (in the cold, really do have a resemblance to ear muffs). I went out on dog walk today with the Shure 1540, with extra large pads, now THAT is a geeky look. Hey, I'm old enough not to care too much, not getting a 19 year old cute barrista to follow me home because of the really cool headphones I'm wearing, and I don't think my wife would care for it too much if I did.
smily_headphones1.gif

well the 650s are not bad looking but I would pamper them and leave them at home, dont want them to suffer from cold wind or alot of direct sunlight lol. 

And if a cute barrista follows you home because of your cool headphones, than that means there are other cute barristas that could possibly follow me because of my new Momentums lol

Dec 7, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #10,236 of 35,338
Hey, the 650s ain't that bad looking (in the cold, really do have a resemblance to ear muffs). I went out on dog walk today with the Shure 1540, with extra large pads, now THAT is a geeky look. Hey, I'm old enough not to care too much, not getting a 19 year old cute barrista to follow me home because of the really cool headphones I'm wearing, and I don't think my wife would care for it too much if I did. :)

well the 650s are not bad looking but I would pamper them and leave them at home, dont want them to suffer from cold wind or alot of direct sunlight lol. 

And if a cute barrista follows you home because of your cool headphones, than that means there are other cute barristas that could possibly follow me because of my new Momentums lol

Good Luck! Momentum definitely hotter looking. You can do it!!!!!!!!!

Dec 7, 2014 at 4:44 PM Post #10,237 of 35,338
Sennheiser HD 650s at Adorama for $315 delivered. They have been on their for about 4 hours. No info on limits or for how long. Last time they just disappeared when the deal was over. Revised Noe $409. If you relly want these, watch Adorama and Amazon. The have been going back anf for at the #315 price for the last 2 weeks.

Dec 7, 2014 at 4:50 PM Post #10,238 of 35,338

Thanks!  I have been considering them.  Would be easier to do if I knew I would like the 1793 as much as the 9018.  I've been intrigued with the sabre chips for quite a while but I've never heard one.

If you haven't already, check this quick summary of the two chips implemented in the Conductor:  http://www.headfonia.com/burson-conductor-ess9018-vs-pcm1793/

I went with the 9018 to match with my LCD-2s and now I have a HD650 as well so I believe I made the right choice.

Dec 7, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #10,239 of 35,338

If you haven't already, check this quick summary of the two chips implemented in the Conductor:  http://www.headfonia.com/burson-conductor-ess9018-vs-pcm1793/

I went with the 9018 to match with my LCD-2s and now I have a HD650 as well so I believe I made the right choice.

Thanks for the info.  I have the LCD3 and I believe the sound signature is very much like the LCD2s so thats good information.

Dec 7, 2014 at 6:58 PM Post #10,242 of 35,338
so Koss electrostatics now $700 and out of stock, being indecisive saved me some dollars (not the usual course of events, LOL)

I just deleted my order and bought it again in an effort to change my address, and strangely ended up paying an even lower price- $608.

Dec 7, 2014 at 7:18 PM Post #10,245 of 35,338
so Koss electrostatics now $700 and out of stock, being indecisive saved me some dollars (not the usual course of events, LOL)

I just deleted my order and bought it again in an effort to change my address, and strangely ended up paying an even lower price- $608.

Was that at the ebay or Amazon site?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back