The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Dec 4, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #10,052 of 35,319
For anyone that can help: I realize that comply's come in different sizes (100, 200, etc) depending on the earphone  brand. However, I would like some info on the different varieties of the tips (Active, Isolation, Comfort, Isolation Plus, & Comfort Plus). I'm not too concerned about isolation. What is important to me is fit, including staying in securely, and comfort.  I'm leaning toward the "Active", but am wondering if the Comfort or Comfort Plus would be better. Does anyone have any helpful advice?......................... TIA

Dec 4, 2014 at 11:53 AM Post #10,053 of 35,319
  For anyone that can help: I realize that comply's come in different sizes (100, 200, etc) depending on the earphone  brand. However, I would like some info on the different varieties of the tips (Active, Isolation, Comfort, Isolation Plus, & Comfort Plus). I'm not too concerned about isolation. What is important to me is fit, including staying in securely, and comfort.  I'm leaning toward the "Active", but am wondering if the Comfort or Comfort Plus would be better. Does anyone have any helpful advice?......................... TIA

The T series(isolation) is already very comfortable. I haven't tried the others, but I don't think they're necessary given how you're trading off isolation for what's probably overkill in regards to comfort. 

Dec 4, 2014 at 12:01 PM Post #10,054 of 35,319
  The T series(isolation) is already very comfortable. I haven't tried the others, but I don't think they're necessary given how you're trading off isolation for what's probably overkill in regards to comfort. 

Second him. Haven't really tried the others but the T series are much more comfortable than the silicon tips. Buy the T-series without any doubts.

Dec 4, 2014 at 12:03 PM Post #10,055 of 35,319

I bought a ton of the Active ones when RadioShack was clearing them out for $1. IMO they are... rougher, for lack of a better word. More stiff than the standard T type. They are a bit tougher and can take more sweat before becoming slippery in ear I guess. Isolation is better with T. I also feel IMO that the S last longer before having to be replaced due to their sturdier make up. I find that the T are more comfortable though because they are softer. These are just my opinions though.

Dec 4, 2014 at 12:37 PM Post #10,056 of 35,319
Thanks for the feedback on the comply tips.....I would welcome any more info on the S model...if they are rougher, does that translate to less comfort, how about staying in the ears (my main use is for running and cycling [in a park...no vehicles])? I would rarely use them at home. Does anyone know if the "sound" is different on the models?
Are comply tips the best option or are there others.......again, my main concerns  are a secure fit and comfort (obviously, also sound is important).

Dec 4, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #10,057 of 35,319
The S, or active series, comply are less dense, so the foam has a more porous and rougher surface. They do not isolate as well as the other models due to the more porous material. They can be great for trying to mitigate some bass boost or for being able to hear a bit more outside noise in an environment like bike riding or walking along a busy street.

Dec 4, 2014 at 1:17 PM Post #10,059 of 35,319
http://pro.ultimateears.com/

Buy a UE Pro model (except the 4 pro) and get a free ue900s ($399). Check head -fi FrontPage for deats

Wow, that's a pretty sweet combo.  Get a pair of customs for $600 and sell the UE900s for $300... tempting!

Dec 4, 2014 at 2:23 PM Post #10,061 of 35,319
Wow, i live in hk
Do i need to order it thru the usa ue site ?
This deal is very tempting
I just bought a pair of ie80 and hd598
Not sure if i need a pair of cm lol

You might ask in the official thread on that deal:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/744875/buy-a-pair-of-ue-pro-get-a-pair-of-ue900s-included

Dec 4, 2014 at 2:39 PM Post #10,062 of 35,319
Koss PortaPro classic is still on sale at Amazon for $25. Comes with a little carrying case. Just got mine in the mail today to replace the pair that died after one too many recabling experiments. Did pretty well with an old iPhone buds cable w/ remote for a few years.

Man, I just love these guys. So un-assuming and even laughable to some, but then you put on Trentemøller - Evil Dub and just smile. 
smily_headphones1.gif

http://www.amazon.com/Koss-PortaPro-Headphones-with-Case/dp/B00001P4ZH

Dec 4, 2014 at 2:51 PM Post #10,063 of 35,319
Fidelio X1 is now at $250 from Amazon. I think this is the price they're going to keep it at. They probably left it at 299 until Black Friday so that price cut seems bigger.

Dec 4, 2014 at 3:14 PM Post #10,064 of 35,319
Fidelio X1 is now at $250 from Amazon. I think this is the price they're going to keep it at. They probably left it at 299 until Black Friday so that price cut seems bigger.

Wasn't it $220 or $230 for most of the year? 

NM, just checked C3... it was that price for about half the year.  But it's been more than that for a few months now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back