The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Oct 15, 2014 at 10:05 PM Post #7,561 of 35,329
  I have headphones I can use but for some reason, I just like keeping them in their box lol (MA900, A900X, Sennheiser Momentums on ear, even my KSC75 have not seen much used and are dangling from my wall lol)

Blasphemy! Mind you, mine are dangling there wishing for some attention as well lol..

Oct 15, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #7,564 of 35,329
Yup, still waiting on the X2. If they get a great deal going for them during BF then I'm all over it!

Oct 16, 2014 at 1:43 PM Post #7,567 of 35,329
I think it took quite a while for the X1 to drop in price, I'd guess the X2 will be similar in that respect, unless no one buys it, of course.
but, maybe, if you're a REALLY good BOY.....

wait, i am a really good boy, except for the times I'm a really bad boy! but i would sell my x1 and put the proceeds towards
an x2 according to DS's recommendations, who feels it is an improvement.  the bass on the x1 is amazing, the comfort
is wonderful but the bass is someone separate from the rest of the sound so it sounds kind of artificial.  which is great
for bass heavy EDM music or thumping rock, but can be a bit distracting for more midrange or treble focused music.
but make me an offer i can't refuse.....note that my X1s are upgraded with a Zu audio cable that makes the kids treble quite improved also.

Oct 16, 2014 at 1:54 PM Post #7,568 of 35,329

Blasphemy! Mind you, mine are dangling there wishing for some attention as well lol..

so what do you listen to while you watch those lonely other headphones dangling?
curious in new mexico!!!!!

here, I'm getting addicted to the sound of my Yamaha PRO500s out of a C5 and either
my international firmware upgraded DX90 or the IPAD retina  (btw, the iPad retina
has a WAY BETTER dac and amp in it than any other apple iPad or iPod product
a conclusion based on hours of listening at the local apple store.  new iPads are being
released today, so more testing will be in order soon.  but the air line up was not half as
good as last years retina iPad for sound quality.

on the IEM front, listening to the FX850s, ATH, various ATH phones (i still need to upgrade
to the CKR 9 or ten), and BW S9 out of my phone directly.    No customs or TOTLS in the house however.
Of course if stand between the two 6 foot tall apogee divas in my living room i have the worlds
largest headphones available.......ha

Oct 16, 2014 at 2:09 PM Post #7,569 of 35,329
The X2 looks very promising. Tyll from Innerfidelity actually preferred them to the HD600's, and thats really saying something. 

Oct 16, 2014 at 6:04 PM Post #7,570 of 35,329
so what do you listen to while you watch those lonely other headphones dangling?
curious in new mexico!!!!!

here, I'm getting addicted to the sound of my Yamaha PRO500s out of a C5 and either
my international firmware upgraded DX90 or the IPAD retina  (btw, the iPad retina
has a WAY BETTER dac and amp in it than any other apple iPad or iPod product
a conclusion based on hours of listening at the local apple store.  new iPads are being
released today, so more testing will be in order soon.  but the air line up was not half as
good as last years retina iPad for sound quality.

on the IEM front, listening to the FX850s, ATH, various ATH phones (i still need to upgrade
to the CKR 9 or ten), and BW S9 out of my phone directly.    No customs or TOTLS in the house however.
Of course if stand between the two 6 foot tall apogee divas in my living room i have the worlds
largest headphones available.......ha

Disclosure: I have a hard time hearing DAC improvement unless the DAC is significantly better (ok, maybe I hear a difference, but the difference in enjoyment was negligible till I got my Schiit Uber), but...

Which iPad with retina are you talking about? Not the air or the first two, but the iPad retina with e 30-Pin port or the Lightning port?

Oct 17, 2014 at 6:00 AM Post #7,572 of 35,329
Hey guys! New to the forums but I've been doing some research and eyed the RHA MA750i's. Needless to say, I stumbled upon a pretty amazing deal on Ebay. (Gasp) Sold by Newegg, however! (OMG)

Anyways, total came out to $79.98 after $1.99 shipping! Just to be clear, it is the inline mic model. Unfortunately you can't buy them straight from Newegg's website, I believe their eBay is for stuff directly in their warehouse or something.

Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/291268372175

There's a limited quantity so, yeah!

Oct 17, 2014 at 9:23 AM Post #7,573 of 35,329
To bad that US only, otherwise I would buy a pair to compare against the T10i

Oct 17, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #7,574 of 35,329
Disclosure: I have a hard time hearing DAC improvement unless the DAC is significantly better (ok, maybe I hear a difference, but the difference in enjoyment was negligible till I got my Schiit Uber), but...

Which iPad with retina are you talking about? Not the air or the first two, but the iPad retina with e 30-Pin port or the Lightning port?

the iPad retina that came out last year with lightning port. wi fi only model is 399.00  this is the model that has best dac chip and amp in it . blows away all of the
later models of iPod airs by far in terms of sq.

Oct 17, 2014 at 3:34 PM Post #7,575 of 35,329
  the iPad retina that came out last year with lightning port. wi fi only model is 399.00  this is the model that has best dac chip and amp in it . blows away all of the
later models of iPod airs by far in terms of sq.

do you mean the iPad 4?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back