The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Aug 8, 2014 at 1:13 PM Post #6,556 of 35,330
Aug 8, 2014 at 7:57 PM Post #6,557 of 35,330
http://slickdeals.net/f/7121950-infinity-kappa-five-five-channel-class-d-system-amplifier-refurbished-144-free-shipping-car-audio

for anyone that might want to deck out their car

Aug 8, 2014 at 9:05 PM Post #6,559 of 35,330
Not recently, but if you plan on getting the HF5s I have seen them go for as low as 99$

Aug 8, 2014 at 9:08 PM Post #6,560 of 35,330
New AK100 with two (2) 64GB Sony MicroSD cards from Buydig for $399 on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/311038428157?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Not bad for 160GB of space with the option for mods (RWAK100 and Mezzo Soprano)

Aug 8, 2014 at 9:56 PM Post #6,563 of 35,330
. . . Maybe check out the Creative Aurvana 3 In-Ear. They've got them on sale at $50 for warehouse deals on Amazon which is an absolute steal because they compare to the SE425

I didn't pull the trigger when the Aurvana 3 was <$50. I was skeptical about the sound signature and waited. Haven't seen them near that price for a month or more.

Aug 8, 2014 at 9:58 PM Post #6,564 of 35,330
 I need to replace my Ety Kids that recently bit the dust.

Maybe check out the Creative Aurvana 3 In-Ear. ...compare to the SE425

I may be wrong here but usually the "kids" headphones are volume limited, which would be the most important factor in their purchase.  I would assume that is what ktmracer was after.

Aug 8, 2014 at 10:14 PM Post #6,565 of 35,330
Oh interesting, didnt know they had that. Depending on the kid there might be fit issues with a housing being in-ear as well (vs tubular BAs like Etymotic).
 I may be wrong here but usually the "kids" headphones are volume limited, which would be the most important factor in their purchase.  I would assume that is what ktmracer was after.

Aug 8, 2014 at 11:00 PM Post #6,566 of 35,330
Actually I mostly use the headphones myself to listen to lectures. The sound limiting feature wasn't a huge benefit, but I also wouldn't consider it a negative. I have been using ety's because the sound isolation is great, but I'd be open to anything that can cut out the outside sound. As long as it doesn't have the annoying background hum that I've heard with noise canceling phones.

Aug 8, 2014 at 11:04 PM Post #6,567 of 35,330
Actually I mostly use the headphones myself to listen to lectures. The sound limiting feature wasn't a huge benefit, but I also wouldn't consider it a negative. I have been using ety's because the sound isolation is great, but I'd be open to anything that can cut out the outside sound. As long as it doesn't have the annoying background hum that I've heard with noise canceling phones.
Try the CA3, they'd be great for vocals and are as isolating if not better than the triple flanges hf5.

Aug 9, 2014 at 3:07 AM Post #6,568 of 35,330

Ety's isolate the most out of any headphone brand I've used (and ear muffs), different sound character from many others but basically I often "recalibrate" my ears with the Ety's as a neutral baseline.

Someday I ought to see an audiologist and get some Ety's fitted with custom earmolds. I wonder if I could sleep with them on? My ER•6i IEM's are my longest-owned Hi-Fi audio gear.

Aug 9, 2014 at 8:05 AM Post #6,570 of 35,330

Ety's isolate the most out of any headphone brand I've used (and ear muffs), different sound character from many others but basically I often "recalibrate" my ears with the Ety's as a neutral baseline.

Someday I ought to see an audiologist and get some Ety's fitted with custom earmolds. I wonder if I could sleep with them on? My ER•6i IEM's are my longest-owned Hi-Fi audio gear.

1+...I have used/owned many iems, nothing isolates like Ety's. I generally use them when I mow the lawn or blow leaves, can't stand the noise. I'll generally take along 3 or 4 iems that seem to be good at isolating to compare, have done this with many, always wind up going back to the Etys, nothing else I've tried comes close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back