The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Jul 16, 2014 at 2:07 AM Post #6,122 of 35,319
https://www.buysonic.com/deal-categories/audiophile/

AKG K712 for $300, HD650 for $350, Amperiors for $123. A shame I just bought my HD650s off of headphone.com (are they an authorized dealer by the way?) for $400.

Buysonic's parent company is apparently Sonic Electronix, which is indeed an authorized Sennheiser dealer.

Edit: Oh I just went through the checkout process and because it's in California, I would've had to had to pay the $35 tax anyways making it close to $400. Thank god. Less regretful now (though I was looking for a reason to regret it more apparently?).

Jul 16, 2014 at 11:13 AM Post #6,126 of 35,319
Considering its about half the price of new, I'd disagree.

A new one is 183$. A less than 40% discount on a used one without the original packaging or with a damaged one is nothing new.
Such "deals" can be posted for most headphones on Amazon daily.

Jul 16, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #6,127 of 35,319
Odd that the lowest price new with prime wasn't listed on the search. Still, what may not be a deal for you may be a steal for others. No reason for the negativity.

Jul 16, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #6,128 of 35,319
Odd that the lowest price nice with prime wasn't listed on the search. Still, what may not be a deal for you may be a steal for others. No reason for the negativity.

What negativity? Did I offend you somehow?
Just trying to keep the thread clean - it's the "Deals" thread, not "stuff you can get everyday" thread.

Jul 16, 2014 at 12:14 PM Post #6,130 of 35,319
So as to change the topic . . .

And not headphones, but Outlaw Audio has their LFM-1 Plus and LFM-EX subwoofers on sale at the moment. $499 and $599 shipped. These are, bar none, THE best bang for your buck subwoofers at their current price points. I have an EX. Absolutely fantastic sub! If you want to learn more about them, here is an owner's thread over at AVS.

Jul 16, 2014 at 1:53 PM Post #6,132 of 35,319
+1 otherwise what stops companies from pushing their own stuff here? This is a discussion thread after all...
Personally I see critiques of deals as helpful for people who don't know the usual going price for an item rather than an attack on whoever posted the deal.

Jul 16, 2014 at 2:08 PM Post #6,133 of 35,319

The original poster probably made an honest mistake not noticing that the price was for a used pair - and keeps quiet, why are other people getting offended on his behalf?

Actually, no. For people like me who don't mind used gear at all, this is quite the rare discount. You assume that just because they're on sale for $180 at the moment that $116 is the "everyday price" which couldn't be further from the truth. It's actually really hard to find them that low, new or used, respectively.

Also, it's the lowest price it's ever been on Amazon, used or not. http://camelcamelcamel.com/Technica-ATHESW9A-Portable-Wooden-Headphones/product/B0030O0Q2U?context=browse

Jul 16, 2014 at 3:22 PM Post #6,134 of 35,319

Actually, no. For people like me who don't mind used gear at all, this is quite the rare discount. You assume that just because they're on sale for $180 at the moment that $116 is the "everyday price" which couldn't be further from the truth. It's actually really hard to find them that low, new or used, respectively.

Also, it's the lowest price it's ever been on Amazon, used or not. http://camelcamelcamel.com/Technica-ATHESW9A-Portable-Wooden-Headphones/product/B0030O0Q2U?context=browse

If you knew that it was used, you should have mentioned it in the post, instead of getting people's hopes up.
I certainly wanted to buy a second pair at this price - imagine my disappointment...

BTW, earlier this year ATH-ESW9A went for 122$ and then later 143$ brand new at CowBoom (BestBuy's online outlet).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back