The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Mar 11, 2014 at 11:34 PM Post #3,466 of 35,342

Yea, smokin deal right there. Helluva HP for that price and slight chance you get a new one too (from what people have said).

Now here's an example - Amazon states these are made in China - Harman has refurbs with full warranty of the Austrian made model for $199 - which is better? What is the difference? 

Can we discuss?

Mar 11, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #3,467 of 35,342
  Now here's an example - Amazon states these are made in China - Harman has refurbs with full warranty of the Austrian made model for $199 - which is better? What is the difference? 

Can we discuss?

People have reported, NEW and sealed being shipped to them from those amazon warehouse deals. Made in Austria as well. As a matter of fact, I think everyone reported Made in Austria on that warehouse deal last time it came around. Not sure it was stated as Made in China on those ones though...they're only probably 10 pages or so back.

Mar 11, 2014 at 11:37 PM Post #3,468 of 35,342

A sterile deals page is a non-starter. It seems like there is a group that would like those of us who are constantly on the lookout for deal, to make it easy for another group to reap the benefits.

Can't have your cake, man.

Ha...best post in this thread today!!!!

Mar 11, 2014 at 11:51 PM Post #3,469 of 35,342
  It's never going to be perfect, because folks will likely: 1. Ask if it is a good deal. 2. Ask someone who might know if it is a decent phone based on their preferences. 3. Find out about the fatal flaw in the headphone which could be the main reason it is on sale in the first place.

Exactly my point. All such chit-chat can be contained within their individual threads. While, people that just want the deals can just look at the first post. Very similar to other sites, namely slickdeals and [H].

Mar 12, 2014 at 12:01 AM Post #3,470 of 35,342
Some of these deals can be time-sensitive - so to have to bop around between threads to keep this one pristine, and wait for someone to answer you elsewhere seems counterproductive. Then all the other headphone threads become littered with deal conversation - and the mods step in. 

I just don't seem to have a problem wading through the conversation looking for the blue URLs

But that's just me 
wink.gif

Mar 12, 2014 at 12:02 AM Post #3,471 of 35,342
searching DEALPOST (that is if everyone puts DEALPOST on all deals posted) will yield all deals in recency order.
  Some of these deals can be time-sensitive - so to have to bop around between threads to keep this one pristine, and wait for someone to answer you elsewhere seems counterproductive. Then all the other headphone threads become littered with deal conversation - and the mods step in. 

I just don't seem to have a problem wading through the conversation looking for the blue URLs

But that's just me 
wink.gif

Mar 12, 2014 at 12:17 AM Post #3,472 of 35,342

But that's just me 
wink.gif

I don't want to clutter this thread too much, but I don't think you're picturing it correctly...

It's more like the FS/FT forum. Separate threads per DEAL, not headphone. A quick glance lets you see all the deals listed. Each thread includes deal info on the first post, and people can discuss that deal in following posts. Shouldn't clutter any other threads. And older deals will naturally go down the list because it will cease to be bumped.

Mar 12, 2014 at 12:57 AM Post #3,473 of 35,342
I don't want to clutter this thread too much, but I don't think you're picturing it correctly...

It's more like the FS/FT forum. Separate threads per DEAL, not headphone. A quick glance lets you see all the deals listed. Each thread includes deal info on the first post, and people can discuss that deal in following posts. Shouldn't clutter any other threads. And older deals will naturally go down the list because it will cease to be bumped.

This thread has functioned in its current format for months without many issue. The prior deal threads were actually going along just fine until the complainers got them shut down. Nothing is perfect, so if you don't like the discussions you can skip those posts or you can completely bypass this thread.

This is the deal DISCUSSION thread. You can always create another DEAL thread and hope people will actually post there.

Mar 12, 2014 at 2:59 AM Post #3,475 of 35,342
^
If this continues, it'll just end up being more useless posts and discussion about the reasoning behind the deals thread. Rather than discussion on the deals themselves.

Nobody needs to hear about each individual's opinion on how to run things.
Everything was fine before. It worked. My wallet is certainly lighter.

End discussion on the discussion of deals.
On to deals and the discussion of deals.

Mar 12, 2014 at 6:49 AM Post #3,476 of 35,342
What the hell, stop it guys, do not be stupid again to determine whether is is deal or discussion thread, i was so anooyed last time the mod keep on locking threads up, originally we have a deals thread and iem deals thread, then for some lousy reason some mod decide to merge everything into one thread, then things go bizzare here, mods lock thread one after one, making me keep subscribing/searching new thread, guys, stop it.

Mar 12, 2014 at 8:03 AM Post #3,477 of 35,342
To lazy to add a link, but target has a prepaid android phone for 10 bucks.

Kyocera Hydro, not a top tier phone but great beater media player.

Waterproof, not resistant. I have one in the shower for music. One I gave to my 2yr old God daughter for video watching. And have a lot more for spares or gifts to nieces, nephews and the like.

Have one in my car for a cheap gps unit using navfree app.

Some I'm using as a gift card farm.

Mar 12, 2014 at 10:17 AM Post #3,478 of 35,342

I think this sounds really good. It would be WAY more user-friendly to browse; like he said, you can easily see which deals are recent and popular at a glance, and it'd stop all the complaints from both camps. This format actively encourages discussion and questions without that discussion getting in the way of finding deals and seeing what's new. Certainly way better than asking everyone to manually add clunky "DEALPOST" markup to their posts, because there're always going to be newbies coming into the thread that don't know the format, so you'd miss a lot of deals that way.

Mods, please consider it?

Mar 12, 2014 at 10:56 AM Post #3,479 of 35,342
proaudiostar on ebay has the beyerdynamic T90 open box UNUSED for $409 FS. they're an authorized dealer when i looked them up on the site.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beyerdynamic-T-90-Premium-Stereo-Open-Back-Headphone-T90-Headphone-/301122061438?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item461c46047e

this is the message i received back when i asked about what they mean by open box UNUSED.

"Thank you for contacting Proaudiostar.com We have both (NEW) and NEW other (Store display unit) available to ship. This was our in store display and ships complete with all accessories and in the original box as new from the manufacturer. Full manufacturer warranty in the 48 states. This is in mint condition.

Thank you

Dan"

of course you can get the T90 from the FS/FT around $400 but just wanted to post it in case someone wanted them from an authorized dealer to be safer. lowest i've seen in the FS/FT was $375 (which was posted yesterday).

Mar 12, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #3,480 of 35,342
I think this sounds really good. It would be WAY more user-friendly to browse; like he said, you can easily see which deals are recent and popular at a glance, and it'd stop all the complaints from both camps. This format actively encourages discussion and questions without that discussion getting in the way of finding deals and seeing what's new. Certainly way better than asking everyone to manually add clunky "DEALPOST" markup to their posts, because there're always going to be newbies coming into the thread that don't know the format, so you'd miss a lot of deals that way.

Mods, please consider it?

But this isn't a deal site, it's headphone site with a deals thread. Yeah it would be easier but I rather not make headfi into a deal site

Users who are viewing this thread

Back