The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Mar 12, 2014 at 11:11 PM Post #3,496 of 35,333
  Idk, I bought these exact headphones twice already from different but similar"sale" websites and both times they arrived not new, noy even refurbished but used. One even had earwax in the left headphone. I'm pretty sure this is a sister website.

YMMV

As I said, I've purchased from this exact site and had zero issues - not one like it.

Mar 12, 2014 at 11:24 PM Post #3,497 of 35,333
Lol, ok good luck. You don't find it weird that this exact model for the exact same price for exact same description on another sale website? I've used this site before too(not for headphones), as well as had success with the websites where I got the earwax headphones but for different items. I can almost guarantee that you will receive the headphones in a plastic bag missing its comply foam tips and possibly have earwax. Just doing my part to warn others.

Mar 12, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #3,499 of 35,333
  Just looked it up and 1sale and dailysteals.com are indeed owned by the same company. So that further proves my point. Even the websites layouts look almost identical. Look for yourself.

No worries - anything I have bought that stated it was new and in retail packaging (as this does) has been new and in retail packaging.

Just saying

Would never buy anything refurbished from a site like that - and if it isn't right? You certainly didn't send the money Western Union.

Mar 13, 2014 at 12:22 AM Post #3,501 of 35,333
Thanks for the link.  I was able to pick up the last one from my local target.  I am planning on rooting it and using it as a media player.

Is this a good phone to turn into a media player? If so, great deal. Wonder if it offers a line out?

I did the same with my old HTC One V. As a phone, it was the worst ever. Utter trash.

As a media player, I've been happy with it. I didn't root it, but put Neutron on it. I pretty much cleared off all the other non audio apps and it's been working well. I like that I can log onto Pandora to other streaming services as well as listen to my hi-def files.

Only outputs via the headphone jack, but still sounds great through my FiiO E12 amp on a variety of phones.

Mar 13, 2014 at 12:27 AM Post #3,502 of 35,333
Is this a good phone to turn into a media player? If so, great deal. Wonder if it offers a line out?

I did the same with my old HTC One V. As a phone, it was the worst ever. Utter trash.

As a media player, I've been happy with it. I didn't root it, but put Neutron on it. I pretty much cleared off all the other non audio apps and it's been working well. I like that I can log onto Pandora to other streaming services as well as listen to my hi-def files.

Only outputs via the headphone jack, but still sounds great through my FiiO E12 amp on a variety of phones.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.extreamsd.usbaudioplayerpro

Greatest audio app in Play Store. Now I can use my phone with any USB DAC. Great with a small DAC like the Audioquest Dragonfly or Audioengine D3.

Mar 13, 2014 at 1:26 AM Post #3,503 of 35,333

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.extreamsd.usbaudioplayerpro

Greatest audio app in Play Store. Now I can use my phone with any USB DAC. Great with a small DAC like the Audioquest Dragonfly or Audioengine D3.

No you can't. I own most of the DACs in that space and only a few actually get enough power without a powered hub to function portably. Herus and ODAC mainly + the powered units like the Leckerton UHA760. I need to retest the microstreamer and get a newer dragonfly 1.2 to confirm those two. The D3 most assuredly doesn't work.

Mar 13, 2014 at 1:34 AM Post #3,504 of 35,333
No you can't. I own most of the DACs in that space and only a few actually get enough power without a powered hub to function portably. Herus and ODAC mainly + the powered units like the Leckerton UHA760. I need to retest the microstreamer and get a newer dragonfly 1.2 to confirm those two. The D3 most assuredly doesn't work.

I have the D3 and it works with my HTC One. Only through that app though.

Mar 13, 2014 at 1:36 AM Post #3,505 of 35,333

Weird. I have a nexus 5, moto x, HTC one GPe and SGS4 GPe and it didn't work. I'll check to see if something funny is going on

Mar 13, 2014 at 1:44 AM Post #3,506 of 35,333
Weird. I have a nexus 5, moto x, HTC one GPe and SGS4 GPe and it didn't work. I'll check to see if something funny is going on

Check the USB OTG output power specs on your phones. I believe I once read somewhere the HTC One gave up to 300 mA, and the D3 has a requirement of 200 mA. I know other apps like Poweramp used to work with USB OTG and some of my DACs, but that broke ever since JellyBean update. But the USB Audio Player Pro does it differently than the other apps. Other apps don't explicitly try to work with USB audio and is reliant on your phone firmware on whether it will work, but the USB Audio Player Pro app is designed for USB audio. Of course you're right on needing the power requirements as well. USB Audio Player Pro solves any firmware problems. Of course YMMV but they have a free trial to test if it works for you. When it did for me, it was a "Shut up and take my money" moment.
redface.gif

Mar 13, 2014 at 3:34 AM Post #3,507 of 35,333

Udac2 and Dragonfly 1.0 works fine with the USBAPP app on my HTC One....

Mar 13, 2014 at 11:59 AM Post #3,509 of 35,333
Mar 13, 2014 at 12:08 PM Post #3,510 of 35,333
Do other programs work to output sound after installing that software or just that software? Doses Pandora or Spotify output to your d3 for example?

Only that app. Once again it's because no other app cares to implement their own USB Audio protocol. They leave it to your firmware to decide if it works and usually it doesn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back