The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Jan 31, 2014 at 6:09 PM Post #2,731 of 35,316
I have contacted the E7 supplier. No reply yet but I expect I will get one soon. I am thinking about just using the money to get a fiio E18. It is only a small chunk but there is no need to have both and the E18 is what I really want. 

Jan 31, 2014 at 6:16 PM Post #2,732 of 35,316
  I have contacted the E7 supplier. No reply yet but I expect I will get one soon. I am thinking about just using the money to get a fiio E18. It is only a small chunk but there is no need to have both and the E18 is what I really want. 

No offense but this is why we have to educate buyers. Don't buy things because they're cheap: buy what you really need (or want in some cases) 
The idea of Cheap is expensive applies often here.

Jan 31, 2014 at 6:27 PM Post #2,733 of 35,316
  No offense but this is why we have to educate buyers. Don't buy things because they're cheap: buy what you really need (or want in some cases) 
The idea of Cheap is expensive applies often here.

I understand what you are trying to say but I don't think it really applies here. This was a used model and known to be. I think everyone, myself included, recognized that we were taking a risk (though very limited b/c it was purchased through amazon). I wanted a portable amp, and this was a risk worth taking for such a deal in my opinion. (even if it wasn't the exact model I wanted) Drawing the conclusion that the people who bought this were uneducated buyers, because they made a decision you wouldn't, is rather poor logic. I have not heard one person say that this has led to an expense they didn't prepare for. 

Jan 31, 2014 at 6:34 PM Post #2,734 of 35,316
  I wanted a portable amp, and this was a risk worth taking for such a deal in my opinion. (even if it wasn't the exact model I wanted) Drawing the conclusion that the people who bought this were uneducated buyers, because they made a decision you wouldn't, is rather poor logic. I have not heard one person say that this has led to an expense they didn't prepare for. 

That's not what he was saying. He was saying you should have passed on the deal and just bought the E18 since that's what you really wanted.

What I read was that many people make a large number of "deal" purchases, when they could have just bought 1 or 2 big purchases to cover their needs instead. 

Jan 31, 2014 at 6:50 PM Post #2,735 of 35,316
The E7 deal worked out great for me. I bought 4 and only 1 of them was not charging, contacted the seller and he's sending a replacement asap and I can keep the one not charging. That's perfect since I was going to use that on my PS3 anyway. I basically got five E7 for about the price of an E07K.

Jan 31, 2014 at 7:11 PM Post #2,736 of 35,316

That's not what he was saying. He was saying you should have passed on the deal and just bought the E18 since that's what you really wanted.

What I read was that many people make a large number of "deal" purchases, when they could have just bought 1 or 2 big purchases to cover their needs instead. 

Thanks Mike! My thoughts exactly. 

Jan 31, 2014 at 8:33 PM Post #2,737 of 35,316
I picked up two e7s and they were both duds 
frown.gif
. Neither would hold a charge, though they were fine when plugged in. On the plus side the seller did give a full refund and I don't have to send them back, so I got a couple free usb sound cards.

Jan 31, 2014 at 10:23 PM Post #2,738 of 35,316

You can get the T1 like-new under $1k from RazorDog:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201025665963

Or if you want brand new, submit a best offer on his listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310844963835

Or email him (Brian) and ask how low he can go:

info@razordogaudio.com

As for the Audeze, its rare to see discounts on them unfortunately.

Hi Devhen,

Thanks for letting me know. I decided that I will be buying the LCD-2 instead of the T1. I will buying them from headamp.com, which they are selling them for $995.

Feb 1, 2014 at 3:46 AM Post #2,739 of 35,316

Audio-Technica ATH-W1000X "Grandioso" Closed-Back Audiophile Cherrywood Headphones $379 new with warranty (*Special comes with FREE Audio Technica ATH-CKF300 iems) free ship, no tax for most.

http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=ATHW1000X&ref=PLA&omid=103&CAWELAID=1706178858&catargetid=1875425816&cadevice=c&&cagpspn=pla

Retail is $699. I love that Cherry Wood finish!! 

REVIEW:

http://www.headfonia.com/w1000x-grandioso/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back