The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Dec 12, 2013 at 5:21 PM Post #1,072 of 35,316
  Will there be any good deals around Christmas/New Year holidays, generally?

There is always the chance but I'd say most of the good deals have probably passed. You'll still see some New Years deals off of custom iem's. And probably some last minute deals next week, from Earphonsolutions, Sound Earphones, etc but the deals can tend toward free two day shipping/overnight which center around getting gifts in time for Christmas. But electronics do their best holiday sales on Black Friday and clothes and House stuff on Cyber Monday. And now is the time where retailers push toys and games. 

Dec 12, 2013 at 6:23 PM Post #1,073 of 35,316
  The Cal! is about $60 shipped Amazon Prime from either Amazon or Creative:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000ZJZ7OA

Great price on the CAL!  These were running around 80 dollars just last week.  I highly doubt anything can touch the CAL at around 60 dollars range (IMO, they beat the crap out of HM5s and their clones, and I've owned both the CAL and HM5).

Dec 12, 2013 at 6:34 PM Post #1,074 of 35,316
Ue6000 and hm5 beat out the cals imo.

Dec 12, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #1,077 of 35,316
Ue6000 and hm5 beat out the cals imo.

Tough call!  I am not familiar with the hm5.  The CAL! has a more even frequency response (read: the highs are not shelved down) than the UE6000 and, to me, sounds a little clearer.  The UE6000 has the advantage in several attributes other than sound quality: isolation, portablility, built-in microphone, apparent build quality, defeasible active noise reduction.  I find the two headphones to be about equally comfortable, with a slight advantage to the UE6000. I am glad I have both.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back