The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Dec 13, 2013 at 7:18 AM Post #1,082 of 35,316
Audeze LCD-2: 20% off at HeadAmp while supplies last! (or December 13-19)

The Audeze LCD-2 20% off Black Friday sale is BACK for the next week (December 13-19), or while supplies last! No backorders will be accepted at this special sale price. 

http://www.headamp.com/order/index.htm

Please do not place an order if your shipping address is not in the United States! 

Dec 13, 2013 at 9:23 AM Post #1,083 of 35,316
I'm quite tempted by this but I am still not sure if they are a good deal. From what I have read they just LOOK like the HD800 but share more in common with the 600/650 (in terms of the driver), which could potentially be had for $250 less if I wait around for a deal. A lot of people even seem to prefer the HD650. There are so many conflicting comments about the HD700 that it is difficult to tell if they are the worst headphones in the world (which peaky treble and lacking bass) or if they are very good. 

They got fairly widely panned at $1000 but I wonder how they would have been reviewed at $550?

I don't want to completely sidetrack the thread so here is a deal: 

Apparently the HD 215 II E will drop from $150 to $49.99 according to slickdeals. It starts at 7.00AM pacific. Hopefully I was able to remove the affiliate link that slickdeals provided by searching from Fry's main page.

http://www.frys.com/product/7903720?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Dec 13, 2013 at 11:23 AM Post #1,084 of 35,316

I don't want to completely sidetrack the thread so here is a deal: 

Apparently the HD 215 II E will drop from $150 to $49.99 according to slickdeals. It starts at 7.00AM pacific. Hopefully I was able to remove the affiliate link that slickdeals provided by searching from Fry's main page.

http://www.frys.com/product/7903720?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Currently Showing $49.99 with free shipping. Seems like a good deal.

Dec 13, 2013 at 12:49 PM Post #1,085 of 35,316
  I'm quite tempted by this but I am still not sure if they are a good deal. From what I have read they just LOOK like the HD800 but share more in common with the 600/650 (in terms of the driver), which could potentially be had for $250 less if I wait around for a deal. A lot of people even seem to prefer the HD650. There are so many conflicting comments about the HD700 that it is difficult to tell if they are the worst headphones in the world (which peaky treble and lacking bass) or if they are very good. 

They got fairly widely panned at $1000 but I wonder how they would have been reviewed at $550?

I've been intriugued by the HD700, too. On Headroom's description of the phones, they say it splits the difference between the HD650 and the HD800. Which sounds like it should be great.

Were the bad reviews based on improper headphone/amp pairing? 

I'm actually amazed that Sennheiser's top end phones would rate so poorly. I can only speculate that they are extremely finicky regarding amp pairing. Maybe you really have to get it right in order to get the best out of them? I haven't heard them, so I don't know. They technical writeup on the HD800's shortly before their release made my mouth water. But then all those negative reviews.

If the HD700s are good phones, I may be tempted. But, still, $549 is quite a commitment. Sorry, back to deal discussion, now...

Dec 13, 2013 at 1:08 PM Post #1,086 of 35,316

I've been intriugued by the HD700, too. On Headroom's description of the phones, they say it splits the difference between the HD650 and the HD800. Which sounds like it should be great.

I'm actually amazed that Sennheiser's top end phones would rate so poorly. I can only speculate that they are extremely finicky regarding amp pairing. Maybe you really have to get it right in order to get the best out of them? I haven't heard them, so I don't know. They technical writeup on the HD800's shortly before their release made my mouth water. But then all those negative reviews.

If the HD700s are good phones, I may be tempted. But, still, $549 is quite a commitment. Sorry, back to deal discussion, now...

I bought the HD700s at $549 with hopes of keeping and enjoying them. They are still in the mail (shipped 12/9 via 2day..). If I decide not to keep them, I have noticed they sell on eBay for $500-545 the past few days. After ~15% ebay/paypal fees, it will have cost about $80-100 to have tried them. Not cheap, but less than a $549 "committment" since they can be resold. Just a thought.

Dec 13, 2013 at 1:12 PM Post #1,087 of 35,316
 After ~15% ebay/paypal fees, it will have cost about $80-100 to have tried them. Not cheap, but less than a $549 "committment" since they can be resold. Just a thought.

Just sit on them for a month if you don't like them and they'll be back up. They are only on sale at the $649 point (pre coupon) till December 31st. 

Dec 13, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #1,088 of 35,316

Just sit on them for a month if you don't like them and they'll be back up. They are only on sale at the $649 point (pre coupon) till December 31st.

Agreed. I bought 2 sets of Logitech UE700 iem last December at $75 per pair. I sold the unused pair about a month ago for $130 iirc. If the HD700s aren't my cup of tea, I'll continue to use them with hopeful expectations that burn-in or my ears' adjustments make them enjoyable. If not, it will be the srping time, and at that time I expect they'll either be selling for more again, or whatever Senn comes out with may blow these up and they'll be worth much less. Time will tell.

Jumping in on a deal like this without hearing first is kind of my only option, as I haven't found a shop nearby that has expensive models available for listening. Guitar Center is it, and they cap their in-store cans at the ~$300 mark, despite carrying higher priced models on their website. Bummer.

Dec 13, 2013 at 2:07 PM Post #1,089 of 35,316
I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, seems like a good deal to me.

Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear (lots of colors) for $207 + $60 GC.  Effective price: $147

http://www.target.com/p/sennheiser-momentum-on-ear-headphones-assorted-colors/-/A-14915766

Dec 13, 2013 at 2:09 PM Post #1,090 of 35,316
  I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, seems like a good deal to me.

Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear (lots of colors) for $207 + $60 GC.  Effective price: $147

http://www.target.com/p/sennheiser-momentum-on-ear-headphones-assorted-colors/-/A-14915766

Fantastic deal! For the longest time the gift card was only available on the red. I prefer some of the other colors much more! 

Dec 13, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #1,091 of 35,316

I didn't read a lot of the reviews, I just demoed them at home for a while...I think at least some of the criticism came from the fact that they debuted at $1,000. At that price it was facing some very stiff competition for less money, and/or people were just going for the HD 800 for a little more money. But at $650 (or $550 with the Razordog deal) it's much more competitive and IMO great value.

Dec 13, 2013 at 4:00 PM Post #1,094 of 35,316
If anyone was able to obtain all of the Linn 24-Bits of Christmas songs in 24-bit FLAC thusfar and is willing to share, please let me know.  I was late to the game with finding out about them and missed day 1 through 7 and yesterday.  I have Dropbox if that helps.

Thank you in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back