The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Feb 16, 2015 at 1:19 PM Post #12,572 of 35,338
Adorama really wants to get rid of these recorders...

Audio Technica ATH-M50x and Tasscam DR-44WL - $275 after MIR.

I know it sounds like a really bad deal, but that recorder retails for $300. There's a used one on Ebay right now with 7 hours left that's up to $170 w/ 36 bids.

You could probably get at least $200 for a factory sealed one. Would take some effort, but could get a brand new m50x for less than $100.

http://www.adorama.com/TSDR44WLB.html?utm_term=3cM0O0V66XCq2MsSX2zr01esUkV3p0QVI2sWU00&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=Other&utm_source=rflaid62905&cvosrc=affiliate.62905

Feb 16, 2015 at 1:25 PM Post #12,573 of 35,338
Sennheiser HD7 DJ for $189.99 on World Wide Stereo.
Coupon code: presidential
Could be nice portable over-ears with fun sound and nice isolation, but the cable isn't pocket-able for most people (detachable 1.5m coiled and 3m straight cables included). Probably suited for bags instead.
http://www.wwstereo.com/Sennheiser/HD7-DJ

Also, an HD600 is back for $254.99 on NeweggFlash (sold by Focus Camera again, oddly no tax in NY).
http://flash.newegg.com/Product/9SIA29P2CE2070

Feb 16, 2015 at 2:02 PM Post #12,574 of 35,338
...reply about filters. You can get them cheapest from Earphone Solutions. Just go to the Audeo Earphones by Phonak section and pick your poison.
Unfortunately, you can get the tool only by getting the greens these days.

Super thanks for details.
I emailed Earphone Solutions on Friday asking if the PFE 022 comes with the filter changing tool, they replied with a simple "yes. Feel free to email any other questions." If that's the case, I'll know soon and share it so others know how to spend the least if you want to try different filters.

(Description of grays do appeal to me most! Do the filters wear out over time?)

Feb 16, 2015 at 2:05 PM Post #12,575 of 35,338
I emailed Earphone Solutions on Friday asking if the PFE 022 comes with the filter changing tool, they replied with a simple "yes. Feel free to email any other questions." If that's the case, I'll know soon and share it so others know how to spend the least if you want to try different filters.

True but if you use code AU50 at checkout the green filters with tool only $8 shipped.
I quoted wrong post sorry. It should have been.

Originally Posted by Hifihedgehog 

...reply about filters. You can get them cheapest from Earphone Solutions. Just go to the Audeo Earphones by Phonak section and pick your poison.

Feb 16, 2015 at 2:17 PM Post #12,576 of 35,338

The grays suck.  I will send you mine if you want them.  :p

Feb 16, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #12,578 of 35,338
  My friend ordered the PFE 022 w/green filters and when I compared it with my RE400 it sounded muffled and dark, it's also much less efficient.  I believe Joker prefers the gray filters.

I ordered PFE012 and extra green filters to get the tool. I also got gray they seem to be what most people like from what Ive read. All subjunctive of course.
I get them tomorrow so after some burnin I will know more. By chance does anyone know if new filters need burnin.

Feb 16, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #12,580 of 35,338
At 5:06 he shows how to change filters. I'm sure it can be done without but prob easier with.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI7yKUIaJSs

Feb 16, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #12,581 of 35,338
Are these filters like nozzles? Why do they need a tool?

They are similar to the etymotic filters except they are different diameter unfortunately. They look like those old red cap gun caps. They are flush with the nozzle so you need a tool to get them out. I haven't tried yet but since they just push in I don't see why a tweezer or pin on an edge can't get them out. Probably with less damage than the tool.

Edit: So as not to say something without trying... I just did it with a pair of angled needle pointed tweezers. Took it out and put it back by hand.

Feb 16, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #12,582 of 35,338

Good info. Anyone who's ordered recently confirm? I'm thinking about these and grabbing those grays.

Feb 16, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #12,583 of 35,338
Good stuff, so if i wanted i can just get the iems and black filters.

At 5:06 he shows how to change filters. I'm sure it can be done without but prob easier with.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI7yKUIaJSs

They are similar to the etymotic filters except they are different diameter unfortunately. They look like those old red cap gun caps. They are flush with the nozzle so you need a tool to get them out. I haven't tried yet but since they just push in I don't see why a tweezer or pin on an edge can't get them out. Probably with less damage than the tool.

Edit: So as not to say something without trying... I just did it with a pair of angled needle pointed tweezers. Took it out and put it back by hand.

Feb 16, 2015 at 3:54 PM Post #12,584 of 35,338
Good stuff, so if i wanted i can just get the iems and black filters.

I would say if you've got a steady hand, you don't need it. That is just my opinion though. If they come with the tool already that's a bonus. I bought the "In Flight Edition" some time ago which came with nothing but a single pair of gray, an airplane adapte, and comply tips. I haven't needed to change my filter yet but I am curious of the black.

Feb 16, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #12,585 of 35,338
I work on a lot of laptops so should be ok.
I would say if you've got a steady hand, you don't need it. That is just my opinion though. If they come with the tool already that's a bonus. I bought the "In Flight Edition" some time ago which came with nothing but a single pair of gray, an airplane adapte, and comply tips. I haven't needed to change my filter yet but I am curious of the black.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back