The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Feb 10, 2015 at 5:28 PM Post #12,377 of 35,378
Sometimes the workers open the box to look at the headphones, sometimes they try it, sometimes there might be minor damages to packing or a small imperfection that doesn't effect how the headphone works.

Mostly workers just open the box and look at them. A lot of people reported getting a seemingly new headphone but somehow got marked b stock or open box.
smily_headphones1.gif

When going for b stock or open box headphones, it is a luck of the draw sort of deal. A year or so ago, I had the lucky experience of purchasing a $130 used, like new AKG Q701 from Amazon Warehouse. It actually turned out to be a new, unopened box holding the older Austrian model. Personally, I don't care if a pair of headphones is new or used so long as all of its sound performance is still there and its physical build is still intact and looks decent.

Feb 10, 2015 at 6:35 PM Post #12,380 of 35,378

Sometimes the workers open the box to look at the headphones, sometimes they try it, sometimes there might be minor damages to packing or a small imperfection that doesn't effect how the headphone works.

Mostly workers just open the box and look at them. A lot of people reported getting a seemingly new headphone but somehow got marked b stock or open box.
smily_headphones1.gif

When going for b stock or open box headphones, it is a luck of the draw sort of deal. A year or so ago, I had the lucky experience of purchasing a $130 used, like new AKG Q701 from Amazon Warehouse. It actually turned out to be a new, unopened box holding the older Austrian model. Personally, I don't care if a pair of headphones is new or used so long as all of its sound performance is still there and its physical build is still intact and looks decent.

I had the same experience with the Q701 and Amazon.  I call that a "new old-stock" headphone.  Hifihedgehod: why are you heaphone-less now?

Feb 10, 2015 at 10:14 PM Post #12,385 of 35,378
Originally Posted by Stillhart /img/forum/go_quote.gif

In other news, Amazon Warehous Deals has a SoundMAGIC HP100 in Like New condition for $139

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0086YJ86Y/

This is a headphone I use every day at work for hours at a time.  It's a great headphone for the money and I highly recommend it.  I don't think there's another closed headphone in the price range that's as balanced sounding (with just a hint of sub-bass hump for that EDM goodness!).  And when I brought them to CES to be my baseline before demoing other gear, I heard it on some really great kits and I was REALLY impressed by how well it scaled.  

I have received this Line New condition Soundmagic HP100 today.  Unfortunately, it has a major channel imbalance: the right channel is much quieter than the left one.  I tried the cable from my Soundmagic HP200 and verified that the cable is not the issue. It is good that amazon has an excellent return policy. I have already printed the return label.  It is interesting how close the HP100 (closed) and the HP200 (open) look.  I imagine that they have the same drivers.

Feb 10, 2015 at 10:30 PM Post #12,386 of 35,378
  I have received this Line New condition Soundmagic HP100 today.  Unfortunately, it has a major channel imbalance: the right channel is much quieter than the left one.  I tried the cable from my Soundmagic HP200 and verified that the cable is not the issue. It is good that amazon has an excellent return policy. I have already printed the return label.  It is interesting how close the HP100 (closed) and the HP200 (open) look.  I imagine that they have the same drivers.

Ah that sucks!  Well, like you said, Amazon has a great return policy.  Hope the next one works better!

Feb 10, 2015 at 11:54 PM Post #12,390 of 35,378

Users who are viewing this thread

Back