The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Jan 1, 2015 at 10:54 PM Post #11,221 of 35,336
Acs for 40% off was mindblowing, and phonak 232 at half off was a close second. These aren't the fotm anymore, but it's really satisfying to have an iem you've always been aiming for, drop to a real comfy price.

Was also excited to discover ownership transfer schemes for ciems- since that opened a whole gateway to second hand ciems basically being no different from the new product.

And yes, crowd funding ftw.

Jan 1, 2015 at 11:04 PM Post #11,223 of 35,336
Where have you been all of my life?!?!  I moved to Portland in May and was trying to find an audio shop where I could try out things I could only dream of owning...  :beerchug:

There are a number of other shops in the Portland Metro area that have variety of used equipment and new equipment for sale. My favorite is audio specialties on 102nd Ave. near Halsey, who specializes in vintage amplification, turntables and stuff like that.

Let us know what specifically you're looking for and we can help locate the shop that has that.

Jan 2, 2015 at 2:04 AM Post #11,225 of 35,336
Massdrop has the Fiio E18 for $129 at the lowest price.  That's the cheapest I've really seen these new.  They're $159 on Amazon.

Jan 2, 2015 at 7:54 AM Post #11,230 of 35,336
Noob question...wats meaning of "B" stock...??
Still brand new?? Who decides..mftr or distributor?

Jan 2, 2015 at 8:01 AM Post #11,231 of 35,336
Noob question...wats meaning of "B" stock...??
Still brand new?? Who decides..mftr or distributor?

from razordogaudio, it usually means returned open-box but like-new. other places may have different definitions. contact brian at razordogaudio if you have questions. he is super nice & helpful! :)

Jan 2, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #11,233 of 35,336
I had a problem with a massdrop purchase, emailed them concerning it (~two weeks ago), and still no response. They seem to have no difficulty emailing me daily (sometimes even more often) about present and/or upcoming deals, though. Customer service seems nonexistent. Anyone else have an after purchase problem with them?
This was my first purchase from them and likely my last....there are many other sites from which to buy that are more reliable (at least from my experience).

Jan 2, 2015 at 11:28 AM Post #11,234 of 35,336
Acs for 40% off was mindblowing, and phonak 232 at half off was a close second. These aren't the fotm anymore, but it's really satisfying to have an iem you've always been aiming for, drop to a real comfy price.

I got the Phonaks, too, and they sound great.

What I hate, though, was how they tied, bent, and twisted the cables to get them to sit nice and pretty top on the card stock behind the clear window.

Now the cables have permanent kinks in them that makes them look funny, and keeps them from sitting close to the head as they loop over the ears.

Why do they have to do that?

Jan 2, 2015 at 12:30 PM Post #11,235 of 35,336
  I had a problem with a massdrop purchase, emailed them concerning it (~two weeks ago), and still no response. They seem to have no difficulty emailing me daily (sometimes even more often) about present and/or upcoming deals, though. Customer service seems nonexistent. Anyone else have an after purchase problem with them?
This was my first purchase from them and likely my last....there are many other sites from which to buy that are more reliable (at least from my experience).

I've ordered a few times with them, all worked out well.  I did get in touch with them for a concern with my purchase recently.  It did take a few days for them to get back to you.  The concern was squared away though.  

Do you want to shoot them another email?  May be due to the holidays and the original email got lost somehow?      

Users who are viewing this thread

Back