The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Dec 22, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #10,922 of 35,336
Dec 22, 2014 at 2:45 PM Post #10,926 of 35,336
Finally got my GR07 Bass Edition in today from that LendMeUrEars sale back on Dec 1. Pain in the butt wondering if it would ever ship, but boy they sound nice~

Dec 22, 2014 at 3:31 PM Post #10,927 of 35,336
  Finally got my GR07 Bass Edition in today from that LendMeUrEars sale back on Dec 1. Pain in the butt wondering if it would ever ship, but boy they sound nice~

+1,

after two failed shipment (first lost in transit and second only package arrived with only tips and no headphone). I got one more package today, this time everything was good.

Oh boy, these are incredible for the price. Soundstage and low end is not as massive as IE800, but otherwise gives it a good fight. 

I just adore timber on these, it is unique and lovely. Timber is so good, it will keep you engaged and make you listen same song over and over again.

Thanks to LendMeUrEars, their response and shipment was very quick this time

Dec 22, 2014 at 3:49 PM Post #10,928 of 35,336
Massdrop K7XX Serial# 184 are in the house and burning in.  Listened to them a little and just about as expected.  Nice soundstage.  Nice mid-bass. A little lean.  We'll see what burn-in does.

Looking forward to seeing how they sound with NOS DAC and also tube amp.  So many options.

Dec 22, 2014 at 4:11 PM Post #10,930 of 35,336
Let us know what you think, chinook9.  I honestly didn't believe they were going to be a big enough change to jump in and I'm long on cans right now (sold a K702 not long back).  There's a marathon thread about them I can't see myself jumpin in again...like the Z7 thread.  Ugh.  I did see that some of the buyers were just receiving them.  Didn't see anyone overwhelmed with them being a lot different than earlier versions, but would be good to see what you think.  Can't argue with the price point, though.  Good value for money.

HS

Dec 22, 2014 at 4:11 PM Post #10,931 of 35,336
  Massdrop K7XX Serial# 184 are in the house and burning in.  Listened to them a little and just about as expected.  Nice soundstage.  Nice mid-bass. A little lean.  We'll see what burn-in does.

Looking forward to seeing how they sound with NOS DAC and also tube amp.  So many options.

"A little lean" is par for the course with AKG.  Burn-in shouldn't change that much.  With the right source, that leanness turns into lively, detailed highs with an amazing soundstage.  Make sure you're giving them enough juice.  And if the trebles are little too lively for you, the tube amp smooths them right out.

Dec 22, 2014 at 4:55 PM Post #10,932 of 35,336
These are my first AKG so I can't compare.  I do have enough power so that should not be a problem.  I expect the NOS DAC and the tube amp will smooth out the highs, however, I expect those two together will be a little too much.  We'll see.

Dec 22, 2014 at 5:50 PM Post #10,935 of 35,336

Users who are viewing this thread

Back