The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Dec 1, 2014 at 5:56 PM Post #9,782 of 35,328
I'm still torn on ACS Customs CIEM.  Not a ton of info out there but seems like at $1000 the T1 is not best in class ... but 40% off (for the next six hours) kinda puts it into a different class.

Other option would be to stalk classifieds for something more known I can reshell.  Tough call.  Would be my first CIEM.

Dec 1, 2014 at 5:57 PM Post #9,784 of 35,328
Anyone see decent deals on headphones cables? The ones that come with the HD650 are too long for my desk at work, and I believe the HE-400 will be too long as well. Not looking for medieval silver dust, just a quality cable that's shorter (and on sale right now).

Dec 1, 2014 at 5:57 PM Post #9,785 of 35,328
Which amp? I would like to buy one for my esp950 but coundnt find any.

The amp that it comes with is quite satisfactory, getting a Stax amp that's substantively better will cost you $1200+. I wouldn't worry about it.

Dec 1, 2014 at 6:03 PM Post #9,786 of 35,328
I'm still torn on ACS Customs CIEM.  Not a ton of info out there but seems like at $1000 the T1 is not best in class ... but 40% off (for the next six hours) kinda puts it into a different class.

Other option would be to stalk classifieds for something more known I can reshell.  Tough call.  Would be my first CIEM.

The ACS is silicone type material vs the normal CIEM which is acrylic. I am still deciding but from the reviews it makes sense to go for silicone type.

Dec 1, 2014 at 6:19 PM Post #9,790 of 35,328
  For anyone looking for a good deal on IEMs, the Geek IEMs are on sale for $39 right now.
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/geek-pulse-ultra-high-def-audio-for-your-desktop#geekiem

How to buy them, not able to find the link.

Dec 1, 2014 at 6:30 PM Post #9,791 of 35,328

I was talking about the HD700.  Never heard the ESP/950 but I know, like the HD700, different opinions exist about their sound. 

LOL...my apologies and thanks for the reply all the same.  The comfort is something I don't believe anyone can argue about....really nice.  I finally got my HD 650's to give up the kung-fu grip with some adjustments but the felt can still get a bit hot.  Zero issues with the 700's....super comfortable straight out of the box.  My Z7's are really comfy too, but I'd give the 700's the leg up.

HS

Dec 1, 2014 at 6:33 PM Post #9,793 of 35,328
  Been looking for the same thing myself, other than fiio portables, there hasn't been anything to my knowledge. Any help though would be appreciated. 

the Yulong U100 was for 110$ on massdrop , it got my attention and i was about to purchase it , but i started looking for how it compares to newer stuff since its a 3 years old amp/dac but i couldn't find anything , and all of a sudden the drop ended (3 days earlier than it should have :/). that was the only deal i've seen for anything other than the fiio's..

Dec 1, 2014 at 6:39 PM Post #9,795 of 35,328
Anyone see decent deals on headphones cables? The ones that come with the HD650 are too long for my desk at work, and I believe the HE-400 will be too long as well. Not looking for medieval silver dust, just a quality cable that's shorter (and on sale right now).

http://www.charlestoncablecompany.com has 15% off all custom cables, they will build you whatever you want. They also have multiple levels of cable. I sent them a request and my cable was built and sent out same day, had it 2 days later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back