The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Dec 1, 2014 at 4:49 PM Post #9,766 of 35,314
HD700 deal is long past, no point in discussing it.
Yes, we get the Koss ESP950 is good, especially once you hook it up to a proper stat amp.

So buy Koss, stop talking about HD700s, and on to more deals?

Dec 1, 2014 at 4:59 PM Post #9,767 of 35,314
What's the sound signature like on the 770's?  I am not sure if I'm going to keep my IEM's and I'll need a new closed can for work if not...

Tempting, but I'm staying away from the old UE900 due to the various issues they have.

I wasn't too big a fan of the dt770 personally, v shape sound, recessed miss and hot treble. They were comfy as heck but I prefer iems in the office.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Dec 1, 2014 at 5:05 PM Post #9,768 of 35,314
*edit* I thought you were talking about the hd 700's. I was quick to jump the gun because I just received mine and it addresses every issue I had with the hd 598. Almost wish it was brighter/harsher but maybe I need to play with some dacs. Does anyone have any recommendations? It looks like the one to get within my budget is the Schitt combo. 

Dec 1, 2014 at 5:37 PM Post #9,777 of 35,314
Just jumped on the dt770 also, good price, seems affordable, and I like its big brother dt880. Hopefully, it can somewhat live up to his big brother, but in a closed version. I think they are closer in relation to the DT990 though

Dec 1, 2014 at 5:51 PM Post #9,780 of 35,314
  This thread is killin' me....  I'm now considering the darn Koss electrostat's...dammit!

We need more posts about Senn Momentums on sale....LMAO.

HD 700's....everyone's got an opinion.  Yawn.  I'm diggin' mine....really comfortable and they sound good paired with the Beresford DAC and Woo amp.  Especially at the price point this thread got me in on for a new pair...WIN!

biggrin.gif

HS

I remember when they were $1000, and I chose them over LCD-2 because their comfort level. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back