The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Nov 30, 2014 at 7:20 PM Post #9,586 of 35,332
I think I am literally the biggest dingus of the century. I purchased both an HD600 and HD650. I seriously couldn't decide between the two. Oh well, expect a highly discounted HD650 or HD600 in the classifieds section within the next week.

Nov 30, 2014 at 7:25 PM Post #9,588 of 35,332
  Thank you! :)

The HD 598's tracking page says it arrived to my city on Friday evening, but expected delivery is still Tuesday. Sigh... it's so hard to wait. :frowning2:

I ordered mine Friday and received them this morning (Sunday delivery).  Came from Las Vegas to Phoenix and had 2 day shipping.  I will go on Amazon later and make sure I didn't accidentally sign up for Prime.

Nov 30, 2014 at 7:28 PM Post #9,590 of 35,332

I ordered mine Friday and received them this morning (Sunday delivery).  Came from Las Vegas to Phoenix and had 2 day shipping.  I will go on Amazon later and make sure I didn't accidentally sign up for Prime.

That's awesome, how do you like them so far? :)

I'm a Prime member, I placed my order on Friday with 2-day shipping option, but my expected delivery date is Tuesday. Mine's coming in via UPS SurePost... how about yours? I guess weekend delivery policies vary from city to city.

Nov 30, 2014 at 7:31 PM Post #9,593 of 35,332

I'm a Prime member, I placed my order on Friday with 2-day shipping option, but my expected delivery date is Tuesday. Mine's coming in via UPS SurePost... how about yours? I guess weekend delivery policies vary from city to city.

And which warehouse they ship from. If you live close to a warehouse you'll get free 1 day delivery most times, and certain cities have Sunday delivery. :)
They always try to ship the cheapest method

Nov 30, 2014 at 7:36 PM Post #9,594 of 35,332
Someone mind helping me make a simple decision with a recent DAP purchase?

I bought the Sensa clip+ on Friday, and am planning on putting Rockbox on it. My library is mostly MP3s right now but I am converting to FLAC and ALAC slowly. I end up using one of my IEMs most of the time. Should I buy the X3? My options are:

1. Keep the Clip+ order and continue using it with the VModa Verza
2. Get the Fiio X3 and cancel the Clip+ order
3. Get the Fiio and keep the Clip+ -> Do people have both right now? When would I use one over the other?

Nov 30, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #9,595 of 35,332

Mine came USPS.  I didn't even know they had Sunday delivery as an option.

I'm burning them in right now but I did take a quick listen and they sounded better than I thought they would.  I'll listen a bunch later this evening.  I previously had HD558 that I did the "598" modifications on but I believe these sound better.

I just bought them because they were such a good price.  I will probably give them to a nephew.  I already signed up for the AKG K7xx and I am shopping for Grado RS1 or PS500. I believe I have a preference for the former but I will probably let price and availability dictate the decision.

Nov 30, 2014 at 7:42 PM Post #9,596 of 35,332
  Someone mind helping me make a simple decision with a recent DAP purchase?

I bought the Sensa clip+ on Friday, and am planning on putting Rockbox on it. My library is mostly MP3s right now but I am converting to FLAC and ALAC slowly. I end up using one of my IEMs most of the time. Should I buy the X3? My options are:

3. Get the Fiio and keep the Clip+ -> Do people have both right now? When would I use one over the other?

I would say do the 2nd option the x3 doubles as a dac and plays mp3's so you wouldn't need both seeing as how they are basically used for the same thing. Unless you want a cheap little player for the gym or something a bit lighter then the x3. I had both a rockboxed sansa fuze and a x3 the fuze stopped working after about a year so now I can't add any music to it and it freezes so....

Nov 30, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #9,597 of 35,332
over ear momentum is really an on ear fit for most people, so comfort is iffy. personally i found em uncomfy, but they do have real soft leather earpads and extremely lightweight, so i guess it depends on the user. i wld recommend tryon em if u can or gettin from a place w a good return policy

Ditto on them being a bit small.  Another 5mm would have made a big difference.

I actually notice them a lot when i first put them on, then I stop noticing them as much.

Nov 30, 2014 at 8:01 PM Post #9,598 of 35,332

the clip+/zip is so cheap and small, i would keep it either way...use it as part of an ultraportable setup with a set of iems, or a beater setup for gym/beach/travel/etc.

Nov 30, 2014 at 8:01 PM Post #9,599 of 35,332
  I think I am literally the biggest dingus of the century. I purchased both an HD600 and HD650. I seriously couldn't decide between the two. Oh well, expect a highly discounted HD650 or HD600 in the classifieds section within the next week.

Are you?  Or is it the guy who bought both the HD650 and HD700 last week?  >.>  

My HD700 comes in tomorrow, btw.  It's going to have to be pretty impressive to beat out the 650 at this point...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back