The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Dec 3, 2013 at 7:22 PM Post #796 of 35,334
Truth is that I am pretty excited that someone got his UE900 from NCIX and I can't wait for mine. This is all related to headphones. I think that as long as the discussion is about headphones and specifically headphones we got from a BF and CM deal, then that's OK. We just need to relax and I think this thread is all about it. I thought we were doing pretty well keeping this "informal" and somewhat relaxed and freestyle. But enough of this. Let's get back to headphones and great deals.

Dec 3, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #797 of 35,334
Dec 3, 2013 at 8:19 PM Post #799 of 35,334
Not headphones, but this might be a good option for someone looking for desktop speakers: M-Audio Studiophile AV 40 active monitors for $109.99 at Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/M-Audio-Studiophile-Active-Monitor-Speakers/dp/B0051WAM64

Please, more deals and a little less chit-chat (and chit-chat about chit-chat)
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 3, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #800 of 35,334

I second this. I really don't care if anyone's package has been shipped and/or received. PM each other if you really want to know the comings and goings of your mail. The only time it would be pertinent information is when people were charged and nothing was sent to anyone after a long period of time.

EDIT: I realize I'm guilty of this with the Sennheiser deal, but I still stand by this and will refrain from such behavior in the future.

Ok, will somebody please start up a "The Deals DISCUSSION DISCUSSION Thread"? 
wink.gif

1+ 
beerchug.gif

Dec 3, 2013 at 9:21 PM Post #801 of 35,334
Time to start a new thread: "Talk about whatever the hell you want to + any deals you come across" LOL.

On a side note I don't mind any of this conversation. Just scrolling past things I'm not interested in isn't that hard...

Dec 3, 2013 at 9:37 PM Post #802 of 35,334
Train your eyes people. Deal posts usually have plenty of spacing, blue link text, and $ signs. A block of text like this one should easily be deciphered subconsciously as purely discussion. The epic irony of this post is that anyone looking solely for deals and have already mastered the filtering techniques listed above would gloss right over this post and not even read the techniques they already know and thus be a waste of their time to read anyways!

Dec 3, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #803 of 35,334
Train your eyes people. Deal posts usually have plenty of spacing, blue link text, and $ signs. A block of text like this one should easily be deciphered subconsciously as purely discussion. The epic irony of this post is that anyone looking solely for deals and have already mastered the filtering techniques listed above would gloss right over this post and not even read the techniques they already know and thus be a waste of their time to read anyways!

That just makes it brilliant since it is completely invisible to all but those who need to read it :wink: (ok I stop now)

Dec 3, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #804 of 35,334
  Time to start a new thread: "Talk about whatever the hell you want to + any deals you come across" LOL.

On a side note I don't mind any of this conversation. Just scrolling past things I'm not interested in isn't that hard...

I mostly enjoy the deals and banter.... And for sure, it's not that hard to simply skip the posts that are not interesting to me.... cheers 

Dec 3, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #805 of 35,334

I mostly enjoy the deals and banter.... And for sure, it's not that hard to simply skip the posts that are not interesting to me.... cheers 

Like I said before, a "deals only" thread is doomed for failure (I think history speaks for itself here). So yeah, we need to just deal with the banter (although I think we should try to restrict ourselves to  2 or 3 banter posts per day lol).

Dec 3, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #806 of 35,334

Like I said before, a "deals only" thread is doomed for failure (I think history speaks for itself here). So yeah, we need to just deal with the banter (although I think we should try to restrict ourselves to  2 or 3 banter posts per day lol).

Yeah we should just police ourselves. If there is someone trolling like crazy we just gotta call them out or report them to get them banned from this thread.

On a general note:
Why not share photos of the UE900 someone got from a direct deal mentioned on this thread? Some people wonder whether such a cheap price means if the good are in new condition right? So now NCIX has a better reputation and we know products arrive in a reasonable time and in good condition. This is good info for next time NCIX rolls out a deal.

Dec 3, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #807 of 35,334

Now that I read your proposition and realize how difficult the rules could be just for the thread and the time it may take to control that, I may no sleep in the next month..

Dec 3, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #808 of 35,334

They have the XBA-4IP for $149 - If anyone wants a Quad BA IEM for cheap - there you go... I have just heard reviews all over the map on these - I am content to pay $50 more for the UE900...

EDIT: - If anyone is looking for a screaming deal on an DSLR - the Nikon 24.1MP D3200 with lens refurb for ONLY $349 w/free shipping - no tax - yowsa...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nikon-D3200-24-2-MP-CMOS-Digital-SLR-Camera-with-18-55mm-VR-Lens-Refurbished-/310812390400?pt=Digital_Cameras&hash=item485ddcb400

Dec 4, 2013 at 12:07 AM Post #810 of 35,334

If there is someone trolling like crazy we just gotta call them out or report them to get them banned from this thread.

Yeah, lets report them...lets report them so much that the moderators will get so tired that they decide to close the thread.   Good idea!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back