The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Sep 7, 2014 at 12:33 AM Post #7,038 of 35,334
  I've been seeing the Sony DR-ZX701iP on sale at Amazon for $50. How does it sound when compared with the MDR-V6 or MDR-7506? 
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005MIIZ3E/

Yes or No? Thoughts? Is it the same as a MDR-ZX700 but with a mic cable?

Yes.  See:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/sony-mdr-zx700

Sep 7, 2014 at 10:37 AM Post #7,039 of 35,334
I don't think the UE6000 ebay listing is sketchy.
As Saoshyant posted, the seller gave a good description, they are a reputable ebay seller and have a long and good record on ebay. They also have several of them for sale, and the phones I got looked new.
Also they have ebay "hassle free" returns.
If you are looking for a closed, neutral pair of 'phones - $20 shipped sounds pretty good to me.

(Edit - here's the link, also I have no connection to seller!)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Logitech-Ultimate-Ears-UE6000-UE-6000-Headphones-SEE-DETAILS-/400764087186?pt=US_Video_Game_Headsets&hash=item5d4f66ab92

Sep 7, 2014 at 7:27 PM Post #7,040 of 35,334
I don't think the UE6000 ebay listing is sketchy.
As Saoshyant posted, the seller gave a good description, they are a reputable ebay seller and have a long and good record on ebay. They also have several of them for sale, and the phones I got looked new.
Also they have ebay "hassle free" returns.
If you are looking for a closed, neutral pair of 'phones - $20 shipped sounds pretty good to me.

(Edit - here's the link, also I have no connection to seller!)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Logitech-Ultimate-Ears-UE6000-UE-6000-Headphones-SEE-DETAILS-/400764087186?pt=US_Video_Game_Headsets&hash=item5d4f66ab92

The actual listing I am sure is fine and I am sure you will get the goods as advertised.

With the security wires cut off, there is some shadyyyness in how the seller obtained their items. Perhaps the store was no longer using it & cut it off themselves to resale... but there is the possibility that they were stolen. That is something would would bother me and I would not want to buy anything that may have been stolen. \=

Sep 7, 2014 at 7:37 PM Post #7,041 of 35,334

The actual listing I am sure is fine and I am sure you will get the goods as advertised.

With the security wires cut off, there is some shadyyyness in how the seller obtained their items. Perhaps the store was no longer using it & cut it off themselves to resale... but there is the possibility that they were stolen. That is something would would bother me and I would not want to buy anything that may have been stolen. \=

Well, taking a quick glance at the 1104 items they're selling, they look like they could come from any random best buy, fry's or equivalent store.  I'd actually not be bothered to give them a try for $20 if I didn't already have a pair.  But yeah, I certainly can't blame money4me247 in being skeptical.

My favorite thing in there they're selling is individual keyboard key replacements, especially considering they're like $4.50 a piece, especially considering they keyboard is probably around $50.

Sep 7, 2014 at 8:06 PM Post #7,042 of 35,334
Quick clarification - no wires were cut on the UE6000.
It was just my guess that the unusual cable was due to it being part of the security of a store demo (as stated in the ebay listing). Considering they are selling a whole bunch or these as well as thousands of other items, I think its extremely unlikely that the phones are anything other than surplus demos for a product that is no longer stocked at several chain stores.
Also, I'm sure most people here (including myself) would never buy anything stolen.
But its always good to be cautious.

Sep 7, 2014 at 8:32 PM Post #7,043 of 35,334
Quick clarification - no wires were cut on the UE6000.
It was just my guess that the unusual cable was due to it being part of the security of a store demo (as stated in the ebay listing). Considering they are selling a whole bunch or these as well as thousands of other items, I think its extremely unlikely that the phones are anything other than surplus demos for a product that is no longer stocked at several chain stores.
Also, I'm sure most people here (including myself) would never buy anything stolen.
But its always good to be cautious.

It's discontinued by the manufacture so that's probably why they are getting rid of the used ones. I would imagine it being very hard to run out of any store with a lot of headphones on you lol.

Sep 7, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #7,044 of 35,334
http://slickdeals.net/share/android_app/t/7131994

Meridian Explorer DAC $149 from two vendors. Credit to the guy posting it on slickdeals.

The first link here does not work. Could not find the product on ttvjaudio.com

$149 price reflect on amazon too here: http://www.amazon.com/Meridian-Explorer-USB-DAC/dp/B00BCJWTAM

It's discontinued by the manufacture so that's probably why they are getting rid of the used ones. I would imagine it being very hard to run out of any store with a lot of headphones on you lol.

You guys are probably right that it is not stolen. I misunderstood the statement about the wires and their stock is large enough that it doesn't make any sense to go to multiple stores, steal them, and risk jail time for $20 profit a pop. Would be more profitable to grab the demo Beats hahah.

Sep 7, 2014 at 11:04 PM Post #7,045 of 35,334
You got a heck of a deal at $475....very nice.

I can't get my head off the TH900's at the moment.  I won't jump till it's a heck of a deal.  Some of the Denons look very nice and for a price like you paid, I'd likely take a bite...

HS

Agreed, D7100 are the absolute best consumer headphone. Not audiophile because it's not accurate or flat enough, but as far as how it sounds imo, it's the best sounding headphone out there that also doesn't require an amp.

Mad dog pro is close, but it's a lot less comfortable.

Sep 7, 2014 at 11:39 PM Post #7,046 of 35,334
Agreed, D7100 are the absolute best consumer headphone. Not audiophile because it's not accurate or flat enough, but as far as how it sounds imo, it's the best sounding headphone out there that also doesn't require an amp.

Mad dog pro is close, but it's a lot less comfortable.

Nice.  

Comfort for me is critical.  If it's not comfy, I'm not in.  My car more than scratches the masochistic itch....don't need my headphones doing the same.

biggrin.gif

HS

Sep 7, 2014 at 11:41 PM Post #7,047 of 35,334
I've been seeing the Sony DR-ZX701iP on sale at Amazon for $50. How does it sound when compared with the MDR-V6 or MDR-7506? 
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005MIIZ3E/

Yes or No? Thoughts? Is it the same as a MDR-ZX700 but with a mic cable?

Seems to be an abundance at that price range, I'll let tou guys know how it stacks to the mdr-7520

Sep 8, 2014 at 12:50 AM Post #7,050 of 35,334
It's the real deal.  I've ordered toys from them before.  They only have one available at that price and it may be the last one in stock.  Good price for those craving mega storage space in a great sounding, but expensive audio toy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back