The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Jul 2, 2014 at 2:50 PM Post #5,962 of 35,338
thanks for the UE6k's whoever. I already have it (bought when it came out for $200 ouch!)

doesn't hurt to have a 2nd pair of good portables. I'll be able to thrash em around ><

Jul 2, 2014 at 4:42 PM Post #5,965 of 35,338
Playstation Gold Wireless Headset for $70 on Amazon right now.

http://www.amazon.com/Gold-Wireless-Stereo-Headset-playstation-4/dp/B00HVBPRUO

The lowest they've been according to camelx3 and $10 less than the Groupon from a few weeks ago.

(I haven't been following this thread closely for the last few days/weeks so apologies if this is a repost.)

Jul 2, 2014 at 5:06 PM Post #5,968 of 35,338
Playstation Gold Wireless Headset for $70 on Amazon right now.

http://www.amazon.com/Gold-Wireless-Stereo-Headset-playstation-4/dp/B00HVBPRUO

The lowest they've been according to camelx3 and $10 less than the Groupon from a few weeks ago.

(I haven't been following this thread closely for the last few days/weeks so apologies if this is a repost.)

Cool deal. I'd be all over that if I didn't have another wireless solution (and not need wireless all that much to begin with).
I'm debating on picking up DT880's, don't need that ever but someone showed me a good deal and I've always wanted to hear them. I'm a bit sad at the crazy sale prices on Q701's right now... They're easily worth $300 and stand among those headphones, more than 1/2 off is ridiculous and makes me sad my resale value is so low (my problem is I have a few AKG's cuz I love 'me, lol).

Jul 2, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #5,969 of 35,338
Cool deal. I'd be all over that if I didn't have another wireless solution (and not need wireless all that much to begin with).
I'm debating on picking up DT880's, don't need that ever but someone showed me a good deal and I've always wanted to hear them. I'm a bit sad at the crazy sale prices on Q701's right now... They're easily worth $300 and stand among those headphones, more than 1/2 off is ridiculous and makes me sad my resale value is so low (my problem is I have a few AKG's cuz I love 'me, lol).

I just picked up a Q701 and been listening for the past 2 days. Quick comparison :

Q701 has warmer/more forward mids.
Larger soundstage, more accurate imaging.
Bass impact is slightly less, 880s feels more visceral, kicks more.

A very enjoyable sound overall but the soundstage does some strange things on some of my test tracks.
Ex. Playing "Two Step" by Dave Matthew & Tim Reynolds from the Radio City album, it got really narrow where it sounds like I'm sitting in the crowd and Dave is singing from the stage... but him and Tim are somehow playing guitar directly in my face to my left and right. Made for a very weird listening experience.

I think maybe upper mid bass is being under powered so there's a huge dip there. Both my amps at work have high output impedance, well under the factor of 8 for the Q701s. Might test it out at home on the NFB12 and see how it fairs.

Jul 2, 2014 at 5:43 PM Post #5,970 of 35,338
I just picked up a Q701 and been listening for the past 2 days. Quick comparison :

I think maybe upper mid bass is being under powered so there's a huge dip there. Both my amps at work have high output impedance, well under the factor of 8 for the Q701s. Might test it out at home on the NFB12 and see how it fairs.

I have the NFB-15.32, which is the saem DAC as the NFB-12 (dual Wolfson) and it pairs extremely well with the Q701.  You also probably want to do the bass mod on the Q's... it's reversible but you won't want to reverse it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back