The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Jun 30, 2014 at 6:13 PM Post #5,913 of 35,334
Did any of you pick that Momentum sold by VMInnovations on Amazon.com new for $199 last week? Mine arrived in a bag, smashed packaging and were refurbs. VMInnovation is paying to ship them back but what a crappy experience. 

Jun 30, 2014 at 6:56 PM Post #5,915 of 35,334
Jun 30, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #5,918 of 35,334
  Did any of you pick that Momentum sold by VMInnovations on Amazon.com new for $199 last week? Mine arrived in a bag, smashed packaging and were refurbs. VMInnovation is paying to ship them back but what a crappy experience. 

Really? Wow. Didn't think they would be like that.
Are they going to ship you new ones? 

Jun 30, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #5,919 of 35,334
For interested Canadian's I was in a local London Drugs and they had the Marshal Major on sale for $69. Not sure if they have them listed on their website at that price but they did not have a Manager's special sticker so they may be an unadvertised national sale.

In regards to their sound. I had a quick listen to a pair they had on the wall before grabbing them. I remember trying this same headphone in the past and not being that impressed but they sounded very nice today. When I got the pair I bought I noticed they were not quite as full sounding and were not as detailed so I suspect they will need burnin to sound their best.

Also note in my store the demo model had a leather headband but the pair I bought actually has a cloth headband. The picture in the box actually showed the cloth headband but I missed that before buying. So if you want leather you might be out of luck (or check that picture on the bottom and you might get lucky. I bought black but they also have a white version for those interested.

At their regular retail I am not sure these are worth the price, but at $70 I think they offer a an excellent value.

Signature is a slightly warm midrange centric sound. These do not isolate a ton but at the same time didn't seem bothered by the wind outside. So if you want less isolation these are a good choice. Finally the pair in the store did not clamp to much but my bought pair has slightly stronger clamp than I like. So I suspect these may need to be stretched over a box slightly larger than your head while burning them in to speed up the comfortable feeling a bit. Having said that the clamp was not unbearable so if you want to just use them without burning them in you will likely be fine.

Jun 30, 2014 at 9:43 PM Post #5,920 of 35,334
  For interested Canadian's I was in a local London Drugs and they had the Marshal Major on sale for $69. Not sure if they have them listed on their website at that price but they did not have a Manager's special sticker so they may be an unadvertised national sale.

In regards to their sound. I had a quick listen to a pair they had on the wall before grabbing them. I remember trying this same headphone in the past and not being that impressed but they sounded very nice today. When I got the pair I bought I noticed they were not quite as full sounding and were not as detailed so I suspect they will need burnin to sound their best.

Also note in my store the demo model had a leather headband but the pair I bought actually has a cloth headband. The picture in the box actually showed the cloth headband but I missed that before buying. So if you want leather you might be out of luck (or check that picture on the bottom and you might get lucky. I bought black but they also have a white version for those interested.

At their regular retail I am not sure these are worth the price, but at $70 I think they offer a an excellent value.

Signature is a slightly warm midrange centric sound. These do not isolate a ton but at the same time didn't seem bothered by the wind outside. So if you want less isolation these are a good choice. Finally the pair in the store did not clamp to much but my bought pair has slightly stronger clamp than I like. So I suspect these may need to be stretched over a box slightly larger than your head while burning them in to speed up the comfortable feeling a bit. Having said that the clamp was not unbearable so if you want to just use them without burning them in you will likely be fine.

http://www.londondrugs.com/Marshall-Major-Headphones/M0003361,default,pd.html?dwvar_M0003361_color=Black&start=1&q=Marshal%20Major

I live about 45 mins from London :), decent deal but I wont be picking them up

Jun 30, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #5,921 of 35,334
Thanks for finding the link :)

Not going to be everyones cup of tea. Heck I might even return mine if I decide I don't like them after a couple of days of burnin. But if you like a mid-centric sound they are not bad.

Jul 1, 2014 at 1:32 AM Post #5,923 of 35,334
Jul 1, 2014 at 10:11 AM Post #5,924 of 35,334
Koss has 25% off at their site, code USA25

Users who are viewing this thread

Back