The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Jun 27, 2014 at 7:14 PM Post #5,866 of 35,334
  Those senheiser like new items come with 2year warranty... so....

Ah gotcha, mine will come with a wink and a nod
wink.gif
L3000.gif

Yamaha EPH-100SL used - very good for $75 shipped Amazon warehouse deals.
Gotta go to used section: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00591GIMY

Jun 28, 2014 at 1:57 AM Post #5,869 of 35,334
Razordog has open box HE-6 for $999.50:

http://www.razordogaudio.com/collections/hifiman/products/hifiman-he-6-planar-driver-headphone-b-stock-100-tested-and-complete

and open box HE-500 for $489:

http://www.razordogaudio.com/collections/hifiman/products/hifiman-he-500-planar-driver-headphone-b-stock-100-tested-and-complete

and opoen box HE-400 for $239:

http://www.razordogaudio.com/collections/hifiman/products/hifiman-he-400-planar-driver-over-the-ear-headphone-1

Jun 28, 2014 at 6:07 AM Post #5,871 of 35,334

Interesting...been tracking these on Amazon for the past few weeks; steep decline in price from $150 down to $67.
http://camelcamelcamel.com/Yamaha-HPH-200BL-Headphone/product/B00591GIQK

I had fixed $65 in my mind as my purchase point.  A bunch sold at once a couple days ago and the Amazon inventory got down to the last 2.  Then, the price shot back up to $150.

Since these are supposedly discontinued, I thought I missed an opportunity.  To my surprise, the Amazon inventory spiked back up to 14 but pricing is staying (for now) at $150.  

Expect they'll dive to the $60's again.  Not a bad deal at $80 though based on reviews.

Yeah, I didn't know about camelcamelcamel until your post(so thanks for the enlightenment) but I saw them for the 70 something $ a week or so ago... Then I checked again, after it had shot up to $150. Surprise surprise!  Also the Philips X1s shot up $60 around the same time.
Anyways, that is a nice roller coaster ride of a graph, lol. I was like dang, but then ran across the other deal. Plus there was also a code for 10% off that worked through the 26th on the sheetmusicplus.com offer.

Another deal was(if you live in Australia) on Catch of The Day... 50 AUD for the white HPH-200s, which is $47, but only available to Australians. That is practically a steal for the headphones from what I've read. I just checked again on that site, and I guess they sold out of all the Yamaha HPs they had.

Hope they impress! If you get a pair, I mean eventually, could you do a comparison to your HD558s? That would be awesome as I would be curious to know. 

Jun 28, 2014 at 10:33 AM Post #5,872 of 35,334
   Also the Philips X1s shot up $60 around the same time.

I was watching them too, trying to decide on buying a used pair from someone here or waiting to see if they came down a little more in price.  Then they jumped from $230 to $292.  The (Amazon) used prices also went up from under $200 for "like new" to $224.

Jun 28, 2014 at 10:42 AM Post #5,873 of 35,334
I've been watching the x1's as well and just as I was going to buy a pair they went up to 260+. Waited a week and they were back down to 232 on Monday(when I bought mine). Now up to 290. If you were waiting for a pair I would wait a week as 235ish seems to be the more regular price on amazon.

BTW. If you did not know camelcamelcamel lets you set price alerts where it will email you when the item drops below the price you want. I've used it a couple of times. It's real handy for overcoming Amazon's price swings without giving in to the OCD.

Edited for price misquotes on my part

Jun 28, 2014 at 11:01 AM Post #5,874 of 35,334
BTW. If you did not know camelcamelcamel lets you set price alerts where it will email you when the item drops below the price you want. I've used it a couple of times. It's real handy for overcoming Amazon's price swings without giving in to the OCD.

+1

That, and I use camelcamelcamel's price alerts in conjunction with Slickdeal alerts in case someone catches a better deal elsewhere on the web and posts at Slickdeals. Unfortunately, Slickdeals doesn't follow all the great headphone purchasing sites that Head-Fiers like, so you still have to follow the Deals Discussion thread and get sucked into spending money on all the great deals posted here :)

Jun 28, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #5,875 of 35,334
End of the Month Sale at HDtracks. Get 10% off of Hi-Res New Releases with code "HDJUN24" if anyone is interested..

Jun 28, 2014 at 5:24 PM Post #5,876 of 35,334
  I've been watching the x1's as well and just as I was going to buy a pair they went up to 260+. Waited a week and they were back down to 232 on Monday(when I bought mine). Now up to 290. If you were waiting for a pair I would wait a week as 235ish seems to be the more regular price on amazon.

Edited for price misquotes on my part

Yeah, that's a headphone I would eventually want to try out but may be out of my price range. I probably wouldn't use it enough to justify the spending. Those and the HD558s seem like great headphones in my opinion as well as the HPH-200s I ordered; I have heard the Senns briefly a while back. A comparison between these three would be nice... Rational, not-spending, thinking is hard when you want something you know would be good haha! The enticement of this thread tho...

Anyways, ahem deals yes. The HD 518, HD 558, and HD598 are $71, $111, and $142(respectively) like new through Amazon right now if anyone wants to jump on those. Not quite the best, but solid deals in my opinion!

Also Philips are starting to drop again! ...a little
$264

Jun 28, 2014 at 6:10 PM Post #5,879 of 35,334
  Sorry for the off topic, but how everyone finds the deals on Amazon? is it possible to search only for deals/open box/ wearhouse deals etc on amazon? please let me know how. thanks
biggrin.gif

I just bookmark things and check them daily as well as use Camelcamelcamel.com 

Jun 28, 2014 at 8:01 PM Post #5,880 of 35,334
  JVC HA-FTX90's for $49.00.  I bought these, they are not fakes.  I have 2 pairs now (1 from Amazon) and 1 from this seller.  No box..  What happened to all the boxes? :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/No-box-new-genuine-JVC-Victor-HA-FXT90-In-ear-Stereo-Headphones-Dual-system-/111352075970?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item19ed19d6c2

Did they come with everything except the box (carrying case)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back