The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Apr 11, 2014 at 2:53 AM Post #4,156 of 35,333
  The ATH-A900X is on sale at Cowboom right now for $70! 

http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/118072/cowboom---audio-technica-ath-a900x-audiophile-closed-back-headphones

Get em while they're hot!

EDIT - Gone already.  lol

great omg...eeerrgghhh

edit: I really really need to find a better way of checking out this deal.

seriously, i was refreshing the page on my phone at work, to and from the bus ride home, etc etc...i stopped doing it at around 7pm today and for this to now happen? im going craaaazyyy lol

sigh...

anyways, I currently own the M50 for a closed headphone, i like them alot but would the a900x be a major step up? Plus the only thing i dislike about the M50 its the clamping, my head and jaw start aching after about 30 minutes...tried stretching it an all but not really doing it for me....

Opinions? I really want thos a900x

Apr 11, 2014 at 3:08 AM Post #4,157 of 35,333
  great omg...eeerrgghhh

edit: I really really need to find a better way of checking out this deal.

seriously, i was refreshing the page on my phone at work, to and from the bus ride home, etc etc...i stopped doing it at around 7pm today and for this to now happen? im going craaaazyyy lol

sigh...

anyways, I currently own the M50 for a closed headphone, i like them alot but would the a900x be a major step up? Plus the only thing i dislike about the M50 its the clamping, my head and jaw start aching after about 30 minutes...tried stretching it an all but not really doing it for me....

Opinions? I really want thos a900x

Well you certainly wont have a problem with clamping pressure on the a900x. 

Apr 11, 2014 at 3:51 AM Post #4,160 of 35,333
Ok, well comfort is good to go but what about soundwise?

Well..we could go on forever here but i am SURE there is more than one ath m50 v a900x thread on the forum. In fact, here is a link http://www.head-fi.org/t/652817/ath-m50-vs-ath-a900x

BUt I didn't go through the thread so it may or may not be useful. Just to quickly sum it up they will be an upgrade in most ways, however they use a wing system instead of a headband, so I wouldn't assume they are more comfortable, as I am currently struggling with the wing system a bit right now, sometimes I think it is great, and others I hate it. 

Apr 11, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #4,162 of 35,333
  Well..we could go on forever here but i am SURE there is more than one ath m50 v a900x thread on the forum. In fact, here is a link http://www.head-fi.org/t/652817/ath-m50-vs-ath-a900x

BUt I didn't go through the thread so it may or may not be useful. Just to quickly sum it up they will be an upgrade in most ways, however they use a wing system instead of a headband, so I wouldn't assume they are more comfortable, as I am currently struggling with the wing system a bit right now, sometimes I think it is great, and others I hate it. 

well im pretty sure the wing system will be good for me...either way, the rubber band mod is always works as well for some. Plus for 100 bucks, im willing to replace the ath m50 with the a900x :)

thanks for the link 

Apr 11, 2014 at 1:06 PM Post #4,163 of 35,333
You'll probably be able to get one cheaper here on the for sale forum in really good condition.

Feel like I should add a blatant "look at my classified" here, but I would also suggest trying the M80's in person before buying them as they are very personal when it comes to fit. If you can get the fit right than they sound just amazing.

Apr 11, 2014 at 6:28 PM Post #4,164 of 35,333
For those who haven't received their Fiio E11 from the recent sale price occasionally found on Amazon, i can't see any evidence of mine being used: all the accessories, packaging, etc. Pretty cool for $22. 

Apr 11, 2014 at 7:21 PM Post #4,165 of 35,333
  For those who haven't received their Fiio E11 from the recent sale price occasionally found on Amazon, i can't see any evidence of mine being used: all the accessories, packaging, etc. Pretty cool for $22. 

Warehouse Deals? If so, I received my Q701's completely new, for $123 from Warehouse Deals.. great buy.

Apr 11, 2014 at 8:08 PM Post #4,166 of 35,333
  Swell. 
confused_face.gif
  Great price for these speakers.

These KEF X300a's are incredible speakers.  Coming from a set of Bose I've been using for years the difference was staggering.  The Bose did a decent job on the highs and the lows but the mids were completely missed.  Playing around with the equalizer could address a bit of the gap but you still were left wanting.  I never noticed this until I started purchasing better portable sound gear and quickly learned what I had been missing for so long.  So, if anyone is in the market for desktop speakers you should definitely investigate the KEF X300a. 

Apr 11, 2014 at 10:26 PM Post #4,167 of 35,333
MASSIVE savings on the ESP950 right now on Amazon! /s

I've seen the price go down to about $750 before; has anybody seen it lower?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back