The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Aug 28, 2022 at 4:17 PM Post #33,136 of 35,373
The LGX is admittedly not an amp that gets along with every single headphone out there. But it gets along with many, and when it does the results can be very fine.

My only complaints about the LGX are in the "what might have been, if only..." category:
  • Ditch the mid-fi-at-best delta-sigma DAC that no one asked for to begin with
  • Upgrade the tiny/blinky push button switches to switches that are larger and have more positive action
  • And upgrade the volume pot to something that doesn't have a noticeable volume bump at 10:00 on the dial, exactly where most of my headphone are just about reaching the moderately loud listening level I want.
    • That bump forces me to listen at lower or higher volumes than I prefer. The only way around it is to insert a volume pot (a passive, or a DAC w/built-in volume pot) in line ahead of the LGX (I did the latter)
Fix those 3 things and the $999 list price would make a whole lot more sense (note: I paid $799).
Yes but … for $425 ?

At that price point the DAC is on-spec — in-office all-in-one?

Agree about build issues — why my Liquid Platinum is cap-modded w/ volume knob upgrade.

Aug 28, 2022 at 6:12 PM Post #33,137 of 35,373
Gain structure on LGX is deal breaker for me. Makes me feel like a gen1 product problem that gets fixed in gen2
Getting super loud at 10’o clock is no-go and adding attenuation prior in the chain is an inconvenience in my mind especially for the price of admission

Aug 28, 2022 at 8:50 PM Post #33,139 of 35,373
How do people here order from Taobao? Can you get away with just Google Translate for most things? Which Taobao service are you guys using? I just received my orders from Aliexpress and I'm surprisingly satisfied with what I got. I'd like to try Taobao to save a little bit more $.

Taobao is generally for the mainland local Chinese to order stuff. Everything is in Chinese (including communication with the seller). You might be able to use a bit of google translate, but some things might be lost in translation.

Audio stuff there may be cheaper than an equivalent listing on Aliexpress, but generally, their CS isn't good, especially if things get lost in transit or delayed. If crap happens and one needs to speak to a CS or claim warranty, therein lies the issue, you won't be getting much support. I had a difficulty claiming stuff before when things weren't delivered from taobao, but on Aliexpress it is much easier to get a refund.

Perhaps you may take the risk for small ticket purchases on Taobao to test the waters, but I wouldn't advise big purchases unless you are very fluent in Chinese or live inside the mainland.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2022 at 9:30 PM Post #33,140 of 35,373
I had a difficulty claiming stuff before when things weren't delivered from taobao, but on Aliexpress it is much easier to get a refund.
And AliExpress isn't always that easy, either. I recently had an order where my delivery address became unreadable in transit, so the US Postal Service sent the package back. I found out because I was tracking it the whole way, noticed when there was an exception generated on the day of delivery that resulted in a return to sender, started a USPS investigation for more info, received a report that explained the situation and provided me with a scan of the package showing the unreadable delivery address, and when I brought all this up with AliExpress, they refused to refund me and just wanted me to keep waiting for delivery since from their perspective the package was "in transit", even though it was in transit back to the sender. Three times back-and-forth with AliExpress went nowhere, so I went to PayPal who I had used for the payment, opened up a case with them, had to wait a few weeks for them to "investigate" and give AliExpress a chance to reply, after which they sided in my favor and refunded me. I would not recommend trying to order from Taobao unless you're ok playing roulette and effectively having no customer service.

Aug 28, 2022 at 10:46 PM Post #33,141 of 35,373
Last edited:
Aug 29, 2022 at 12:04 PM Post #33,145 of 35,373
Ebay seller onlyonedeal has a pre-owned Creative Labs Aurvana Live over-ear (rebadged Denon D1001) headphones that have positive feedback for $24.99 USD plus other fees:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165497623047

This seller also has a pre-owned Live SE that also has positive feedback for $32.89 USD plus other fees:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165497687276

Just get some sheepskin leather ear pads that will fit these headphones to increase comfort and longevity for $9.06 USD plus other fees:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2255800163120028.html

To protect the headband pleather and add grip, add some small headband covers for around $3.68 USD plus other fees:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255195126965

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2022 at 1:10 PM Post #33,146 of 35,373
Aug 29, 2022 at 9:59 PM Post #33,147 of 35,373
Aug 30, 2022 at 6:26 AM Post #33,150 of 35,373
IMR Na-Le Hybrid

Choice of 2,5, 3.5, or 4.4mm cable
and Numerous Tuning Nozzles.. A lot for the dosh

A great deal for a boutique brand of amazing IEMs. If you like BASS then these could be for you and they have an ADLC coated CNT driver, Sonion bone conduction drivers to give a little seasoning to the sound. At the moment a real deal.

Ships in December

https://imracoustics.com/collections/instock/products/na-le-hybrid

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back