The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Jul 14, 2021 at 9:38 PM Post #31,891 of 35,511
Just as a reminder, Ananda is sold for $599 under the open box section of Hifiman online store. Their open box headphones come with their full 1-year warranty and afaik they do not charge for shipping or sales tax (maybe only if you're in NY?).

I just bought an open-box Arya from the HiFiMan store a few days ago (still en route) and I was not charged for shipping or tax. Even better, they offered a digital coupon code that I took advantage of for an extra $70 off. That particular promotion has ended, but that had been running similar coupons for several weeks prior to that, simply changing the sale name and particular code. So, if you've got some purchase in mind, it might be worth the wait to check on the Clearance Sales page from time to time to see if there is a new coupon code available.

Jul 15, 2021 at 4:46 AM Post #31,892 of 35,511
Perhaps not the right place to ask, but I'm going to anyway: if an order is placed through Drop.com for an item with a future release date (say the shiny new HD 8XX for example), do they charge your card right away or later at the time of release? Does the same apply if PayPal is used?

Jul 15, 2021 at 7:02 AM Post #31,893 of 35,511
Perhaps not the right place to ask, but I'm going to anyway: if an order is placed through Drop.com for an item with a future release date (say the shiny new HD 8XX for example), do they charge your card right away or later at the time of release? Does the same apply if PayPal is used?
It has been my experience that they charge you right away.

Jul 15, 2021 at 9:20 AM Post #31,894 of 35,511
says so right on the page in the shipping section of https://drop.com/buy/drop-sennheiser-hd-8xx-headphones:

SHIPPING​

Estimated ship date is Nov 25, 2021 PT.
Payment will be collected at checkout.

Jul 15, 2021 at 9:28 AM Post #31,895 of 35,511
Noble Audio Birthday sale

https://www.nobleaudio.com/news/wizards-birthday-sale-1

Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 9.26.43 AM.png

Jul 15, 2021 at 1:41 PM Post #31,897 of 35,511
says so right on the page in the shipping section of https://drop.com/buy/drop-sennheiser-hd-8xx-headphones:

SHIPPING​

Used to be that it varied by 'drop' -- some charged right away while others charged when the drop closed, and others charged around some 'and we will ship by xxx' date.

For example, I ordered HD-6xx from them back in 2017 and wasn't charged for about 4 months -- which was when the 'batch' started shipping.

Looks like they mostly charge at check-out now -- certainly true for the HD-8xx listing and a couple of others I checked randomly.

Jul 15, 2021 at 1:43 PM Post #31,898 of 35,511

SHIPPING​

Yeah I did see that but in my wishful mind I interpreted it as them collecting the payment as in getting my credit card info and putting a temporary authorization on it only hahaha I know I know... Wishful thinking. Oh well... Thanks

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2021 at 10:57 PM Post #31,900 of 35,511
Jul 17, 2021 at 12:53 AM Post #31,901 of 35,511
Jul 17, 2021 at 1:12 AM Post #31,903 of 35,511
what other type of turntable is there other than vinyl?

Well, there are acetate records which are so prone to damage from playing that you'd want to use somewhat specialized gear so as not to destroy them faster. In particular, a diamond stylus, like the one above, can wreak havoc on the lacquer of those sorts of records and will often be specifically warned against in the liner notes for the recording. They'd be better played with wider 78rpm stylus, which wears the grooves down less to preserve the disc longer.

Yeah, yeah. I ruined the joke, but I thought it was interesting dammit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back