The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Jul 3, 2020 at 10:14 PM Post #30,331 of 35,325
Jul 4, 2020 at 8:14 AM Post #30,332 of 35,325
Up to 25% off InEarz IEMS

BCCFA1F4-FB6D-4D0B-B7F9-EC89AB84CED4.png

Jul 4, 2020 at 8:57 AM Post #30,334 of 35,325
Everyone just politely sat through a couple of pages worth of posts sorting out how to sign up for Tidal, so everyone can politely sit through the occasional posting of deals they don't personally care for too.

Besides, nothing in the nature of this thread limits it to headphone gear. Lots of people post deals for loudspeakers, speaker amps, deals for streaming services and music, memory cards, acoustic foam, even deals for smartphones. All totally acceptable and helpful. Audio has many facets. So, you keep posting whatever you think is a deal; you've demonstrated your good judgment as far as I'm concerned.

That's pretty much what I thought. Thanks to all.

Jul 4, 2020 at 9:29 AM Post #30,335 of 35,325
How do you find out about the Adorama headphone deals Terco? I'm subscribed to the newsletter but they don't send me updates on anything decent.

It was posted in Slickdeals

Jul 4, 2020 at 11:13 AM Post #30,336 of 35,325
Everyone just politely sat through a couple of pages worth of posts sorting out how to sign up for Tidal, so everyone can politely sit through the occasional posting of deals they don't personally care for too.

Besides, nothing in the nature of this thread limits it to headphone gear. Lots of people post deals for loudspeakers, speaker amps, deals for streaming services and music, memory cards, acoustic foam, even deals for smartphones. All totally acceptable and helpful. Audio has many facets. So, you keep posting whatever you think is a deal; you've demonstrated your good judgment as far as I'm concerned.

As someone who has followed the various incarnations of the deals thread for the last 7 years or so, historically, speaker and other speaker associated equipment deals have tended to be a rare thing shared by members who regularly share headphone deals. And it tends to be a stellar deal for equipment that might appeal to a large number of people who follow this thread, not higher-end audiophile equipment that appeals to a very limited number of people.

Moreover, if it's worth sharing a deal, it's worth typing out what the deal is. Not just posting an image and a link. Which means that the deal is not searchable for those who want to find it later, and certainly not helpful for members who are visually impaired. That sort of dump and run for these types of deals from the same site does feel spammy.

Jul 4, 2020 at 11:31 AM Post #30,337 of 35,325
As someone who has followed the various incarnations of the deals thread for the last 7 years or so, historically, speaker and other speaker associated equipment deals have tended to be a rare thing shared by members who regularly share headphone deals. And it tends to be a stellar deal for equipment that might appeal to a large number of people who follow this thread, not higher-end audiophile equipment that appeals to a very limited number of people.

Moreover, if it's worth sharing a deal, it's worth typing out what the deal is. Not just posting an image and a link. Which means that the deal is not searchable for those who want to find it later, and certainly not helpful for members who are visually impaired. That sort of dump and run for these types of deals from the same site does feel spammy.

Just because that is what you want out of the thread, doesn't mean that that is what others are required to post. OP gave product, price, and link for a deal on audio equipment. That's all that convention requires.

If the way that he did so offends you PM him or report the post to the mods. In the meantime, let's ALL stop spamming people's email inboxes with thread notifications over this nonsense.

Jul 4, 2020 at 11:48 AM Post #30,339 of 35,325
Moderators hate meta-deal thread talk. Let's get back to the deals and keep this thread from getting locked!

Where is Campfire's 4th of July sale?! I was hoping for an ALO Audio B-stock sale...

I'm checking everyday, nothing yet...

https://aloaudio.deals/

Jul 4, 2020 at 2:32 PM Post #30,340 of 35,325
Dekoni Audio Hedphone Savior Headphone Bag - $45 @ Drop: $45 @ Drop (SRP $60). If you don't want to wait for Drop to ship it, B&H has it for $49.99 with free shipping.

dekoni bag.jpg

Looks pretty nice I thought, like a large camera bag.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2020 at 2:49 PM Post #30,341 of 35,325
Got these for throwaway-ish stuff...lawn mowing, workouts (IPX5), etc. They're $14.99 w/ Free Shipping. Reviews I checked seemed pretty good fwiw.

NuForce BE Live5 Wireless Audiophile Earphones with 8h Battery Life, AAC + aptX, Large 8mm Driver for deep Bass, New Innovative Battery Design and Aluminum housing, Black (Black)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GNRQXQN

Jul 4, 2020 at 5:09 PM Post #30,342 of 35,325
Jul 6, 2020 at 7:20 PM Post #30,345 of 35,325
Focal Elegia Closed-Back Circumaural High-Fidelity Headphones in Adorama $429

https://www.adorama.com/fofelegia.html?emailprice=t

Thanks for this!

I've been wanting a good closed-back for when I don't want to use IEMs and have wanted to try the Focal sound.

I saw in the Elegia thread that these had gone for $430 shipped recently but I had missed the deals. So I decided to wait until the deal came around again.

I kept checking the Elegia page on Adorama for the past month or so (and prices on other sites), and especially around the 4th expecting a sale, but the page kept displaying $890 so I thought I'd just have to wait longer. I'm usually good at finding deals, even when others can't, but not this time.

But your specific link showed the price at $430 (and even when I went to the site via google it still stated the price at $890) so I jumped on it. They should be here this Thurs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back