The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Feb 11, 2014 at 5:31 PM Post #2,899 of 35,342
http://www.adgtron.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=&products_id=9817&osCsid=3i5mo17s72t2oeve7koe6d80v7

$312.50 Brand New Sennheiser HD-650 headphones! Includes shipping to USA.

This is my first post.

Adgtron. Their website is like from 1990. They didn't respond to my email until I emailed them through their Amazon store. When I did deal with them they were very nice and came through.

The headphones came new, in a slightly roughed up box. Everything looked pristine. Inside of box looked great. Headphones were bagged with 1/8" adapter. The owner's manual was there with warranty info.

They say they're an authorized Sennheiser dealer, but they're not listed on the Sennheiser website. They're not on the list of explicitly unauthorized dealers either. At the price I got, even though I registered with Sennheiser, I'm ok if I don't get warranty coverage.

I pulled the earpiece off, and I verified that the serial # is the same as on the box. If these are pirated, they are damned good, because the headphones sound great. 

I'm listening through the headphone amp that comes with my Sound Blaster ZXR sound card. I'm using the headphones primarily to play a digital piano going through Ivory II software - a 50GB virtual grand piano sampled in the highest detail possible. The two other headphones that I have around are the Audio-Technica ATH-M50S and the Audio Technica ATH-A9000. The HD-650 slightly edges out the ATH-A9000 in sound quality. The ATH-A9000 are slightly harsh at the upper mid range. The Sennheisers are smooth throughout the keyboard, but just a little dark. The ATH-M50S are too bass heavy and don't provide sufficient midrange. 

I'm not a headphone connoisseur, just a musician who wants to get as close as possible to a grand piano experience - nothing sounds like the real thing. I'm really happy with these. I can't afford to experiment with other high end cans. I'm just going to enjoy these, and work on my keyboard technique instead of investigating if the grass is greener on the other side.

Feb 11, 2014 at 6:18 PM Post #2,902 of 35,342
  There is a reason why the price is dropping like mad. That market is just far too competitive for the Amperior to be in and product that replaced it is a much better solution. Had mine for a month before I decided to get rid of them.

Honestly, apart from comfort, and that is a personal issue, I think the Amperior continues to stand as a great headphone. Overpriced at $350...yeah. But I think its a fine option at even $200-250 for those who want an easy to drive headphone with a fun sound signature, great isolation, and excellent durability. 

Feb 11, 2014 at 8:40 PM Post #2,904 of 35,342
http://www.buydig.com/mobile/product.aspx?sdtid=6712920&sku=ltue9000rb

Logitech UE9000 for $135 refurbished.
Use code VMEVDAY20 and use V.me checkout. Otherwise it is $155.
Credit goes to OP over at slickdeals.

Feb 11, 2014 at 8:53 PM Post #2,905 of 35,342
  How come nobody likes the original hd25ii? I rather pay a bit more for the plastic oldest version... 

I really really enjoy my Amperiors, the only issue I have with them is that they're on ear, not over ear. They're not quite as good as my Momentums (Over Ear) or HD600s, but they're certainly very good, and an excellent pair for the $120-130 range, as well as very durable and great for carrying and using at school.

Feb 11, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #2,906 of 35,342
Feb 12, 2014 at 1:23 AM Post #2,908 of 35,342
O...M...G..Why did I end up finding this thread? lol...Good thing Im single and could spend money in soo many ways. :)

Those HE-400 are 300 now...mmmm interesting, is that a new price? because i have seen them like that for the past month and a half. Would definitely need to get me a pair of those lol.

Feb 12, 2014 at 1:30 AM Post #2,909 of 35,342
  O...M...G..Why did I end up finding this thread? lol...Good thing Im single and could spend money in soo many ways. :)

Those HE-400 are 300 now...mmmm interesting, is that a new price? because i have seen them like that for the past month and a half. Would definitely need to get me a pair of those lol.

That price was released on Black Friday by a bunch of dealers. It was earth shattering. Until the CES show in January when Hifiman announced an update, which is scheduled to arrive in March. Still an awesome price...but less so now that the revision is coming. http://www.head-fi.org/t/698831/fresh-outta-ces-the-hifiman-he-400i-and-he-560

Feb 12, 2014 at 2:17 AM Post #2,910 of 35,342

That price was released on Black Friday by a bunch of dealers. It was earth shattering. Until the CES show in January when Hifiman announced an update, which is scheduled to arrive in March. Still an awesome price...but less so now that the revision is coming. http://www.head-fi.org/t/698831/fresh-outta-ces-the-hifiman-he-400i-and-he-560

Just checked that thread out....They look great but for 500 bucks....mm no thanks..im not that ready to spend that much...

Going to order those HE-400 now instead of waiting for the HE-400i

Users who are viewing this thread

Back