The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Sep 15, 2018 at 11:57 AM Post #26,629 of 35,332
Focal sale at Amazon Prime also, at least for the Clear for $1100.
Wile we appreciate the pointer, please do a little research when you post a deal.
The seller is NOT amazon, it is HiDEF Lifestyle. Amazon doesn't sell the Focal Clear. This vendor appears to have a physical showroom in Harrisburg, PA, and they look like they might be legit.

Also, when you post a deal, please post a link to the deal
https://smile.amazon.com/Focal-CLEAR-Clear-Headphones/dp/B0767HQ8V1

Sep 15, 2018 at 1:18 PM Post #26,630 of 35,332
Wile we appreciate the pointer, please do a little research when you post a deal.
The seller is NOT amazon, it is HiDEF Lifestyle. Amazon doesn't sell the Focal Clear. This vendor appears to have a physical showroom in Harrisburg, PA, and they look like they might be legit.

Also, when you post a deal, please post a link to the deal
https://smile.amazon.com/Focal-CLEAR-Clear-Headphones/dp/B0767HQ8V1

I don't see any difference on Amazon as long as it's a "Prime" deal. You can't find a safer venue online than on Amazon Prime. HiDEF Lifestyle has big presence on eBay as well and has been around for a long time.
And I was on mobile and didn't want to mess around with the link. It is pretty easy to find items searching on Amazon anyway.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2018 at 1:26 PM Post #26,631 of 35,332
The Amazon/Hidef/Prime Price for the Clear is back to $1300 plus tax.

It is still available from the Hidef Website for $1100

Sometimes speed matters on these deals and my own unsolicited view is that I would rather have a fast mobile post that shows a less than comprehensive valid deal than a slow post that is too late.

It seems that each of us are annoyed by different aspects of Deals thread posting.

I generally am pleased people continue to post deals here when unlike many deal sites the poster has no financial reward.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2018 at 1:47 PM Post #26,632 of 35,332
I don't see any difference on Amazon as long as it's a "Prime" deal. You can't find a safer venue online than on Amazon Prime. HiDEF Lifestyle has big presence on eBay as well and has been around for a long time.
And I was on mobile and didn't want to mess around with the link. It is pretty easy to find items searching on Amazon anyway.
This news to me, so I need to be educated. Are you saying that amazon vettes the vendors for prime, and only authorized dealers are allowed to sell with prime? I just figured prime was something any vendor could sell with if they were willing to pay the shipping.

From what I’ve been able learn from reading about selling on amazon, there is no requirement to be an authorized dealer for fulfilled by amazon and selling prime.

Sep 15, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #26,633 of 35,332
This news to me, so I need to be educated. Are you saying that amazon vettes the vendors for prime, and only authorized dealers are allowed to sell with prime? I just figured prime was something any vendor could sell with if they were willing to pay the shipping.

From what I’ve been able learn from reading about selling on amazon, there is no requirement to be an authorized dealer for fulfilled by amazon and selling prime.

You don't need to be an authorized dealer to sell via Prime, all you need to do is send an item to be fulfilled by Amazon.

However, we are all capable or researching the specific seller ourselves. I for one appreciate any deal post that is actually a deal.

Sep 15, 2018 at 2:00 PM Post #26,634 of 35,332
Tribit....maker of highly regarded cheap Bluetooth Speakers and Headphones is having an Anniversary sale. Tribit products are not generally discounted much so these represent better than normal discounts.

LINK to the sale page...which provides a discount code and a link to the Tribit by Tribit Direct offerings on Amazon.

I had been waiting for a discount on the X-Free Tune over ear Bluetooth headphones...and not ever finding one paid $50 for a set last week. That figures, now $40 with the sale.

Well worth the price in my opinion...a balanced just slightly bass forward sound with good detail...excellent comfort with real memory foam cushions and larger than average cups.

Sep 15, 2018 at 2:12 PM Post #26,635 of 35,332
You don't need to be an authorized dealer to sell via Prime, all you need to do is send an item to be fulfilled by Amazon.

However, we are all capable or researching the specific seller ourselves. I for one appreciate any deal post that is actually a deal.
Of course people should research, but I’ve been on this thread for a long time, and I’ve seen many many posts where people post from disreputable amazon vendors, and then there is lot of discussion about it. It’s always helpful to post about the vendor to help people out.

Sep 15, 2018 at 2:40 PM Post #26,636 of 35,332
For what it’s worth, I have been a Prime Amazon subscriber since they started offering Prime subscriptions, and have never been burned by Amazon.

I put (almost) full faith in all my dealings with them. In fact Amazon has always made things right by going way above and beyond to make me whole again if there ever was an issue.

One time there was a, almost too good to be true, deal for some $1300 speakers a 3rd party seller offered that I paid for. The deal went south and after I complained Amazon offered me the same item for the same, too good to be true, price.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2018 at 3:19 PM Post #26,637 of 35,332
Sorry to beat a dead horse, because I think this has been said many times in one form or another on this thread.

As was said, speed is of great importance with some of these deals that can come and go quickly. And if that means a “quick and dirty” post, so be it.

I would be hesitant to call someone out if they didn’t post a link. I feel that could intimidate others from posting a deal for fear of themselves being admonished.

Sep 15, 2018 at 4:15 PM Post #26,638 of 35,332
I didn't "call anyone out". I asked, with a please, to also post a link and to please post the actual seller, not just "amazon", since amazon is not the seller. *sigh*

Sep 15, 2018 at 6:10 PM Post #26,639 of 35,332
I have also been on this thread (and its predecessors) a very long time. I have been burned more than once by Amazon Prime third party sellers of audio equipment--even by at least one that had a very high Amazon rating and had many transactions. Accurate and complete information is far more important than a quick post--especially when it takes just a minute or less to get it done.

Sep 15, 2018 at 10:34 PM Post #26,640 of 35,332
FWIW, hideflifestyle is definitely legit (although a terrible company name IMO). I’ve been to their showroom in Harrisburg and they sell mostly middle to high end home theater gear along with Headphones. They are one of the only vendiors in Central PA (where my parents live) that has Headphones to demo. The irony is they usually don’t post these kind of specials in their Amazon Store. For instance they didn’t post any deals last year when Focal ran a similar special.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back