The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Feb 9, 2018 at 2:34 AM Post #25,516 of 35,333
Touch of Modern site time to time sells Telefunken Aqusta headphones made by Fischer Audio or maybe NIBOSA AB Sweden, at less then 1/2 price brand new, first quality sealed. I'm not sure if returnable unless good reason. $125 + $15 SH to USA = $140 total. The only other sites selling these (Amazon, ebay, adorama, reverb) sell them for $300 to $335. A couple of us have bought these, mine will arrive in 1 week. Today sold out, but were available up to yesterday. Others say keep checking and they will repeat the sale time to time. You can add the item to a save for-notification list when available also.

https://www.touchofmodern.com/sales/fischer-audio/telefunken-aqusta

Owners say burn them in for "lots of" hours and they then play nicely. Bass weak out of box, then after burn in bass is fine. They also withstand tremendous bass boost without distortion, per others, in addition to scaling well.

I created a ultra-simple account there to see the price (just log in there), and they were sold out. But, a few hours later I got an email in stock & bought them. Have tracking with usps showing movement on their journey here to east coast, from west coast moving closer last 2 days.

Appearance reminiscent of classic Sennheiser HD-1000 Charleston model limited to 1000 sets made back then by Sennie.

Hope fotos are allowed on this thread or I can delete foto if not.

Question:
The site sells other headphones such as Sennheiser HD800"S" & Audeze LCD-X, both for $1700, but has anyone seen if they also discount sale these down deep too ? (I know it's a dream, but asking).

Not sure if NIBOSA makes Aqusta or licensed to FA = Fischer-Audio makes some fine sets, I have some of their models, and they are finely crafted with great sound.

This site appears to require you to sign in and agree to their terms--just to look.

Feb 9, 2018 at 3:09 AM Post #25,517 of 35,333
@KG Jag
Without logging into their site, I'm able to google on chrome "touch of modern" and go thru any item on the site including prices & full description of items. Try it that way.

Logging in however allows you to use the search function to find products on their site. A way around that is if you know an exact model product or brand you want - google "a touch of modern sennheiser hd800s", for example, and you can see all about it with price & description, plus all the other sennies they stock. Apparently, it is brand-grouped that way.

Yes, I think logging in anytime (with an email address you give) will get you their best sale prices (like many sites do) & you will get emails, but you can go in to account management tab and clic not to get any emails from them, or multiple other choices. They do send 24 hour sale emails if you want.

Have not heard any complaints of the site from headphone buyers , but I'm not sure of their return policy on some or all items, which may vary. They do sell a lot of high end "lifestyle" products that get very expensive. I emailed for my tracking number & they sent it within 3 hours, but I waited the full business day to do so, as it said ships "out" in 1 day (standard ground, < 2 weeks ETA).

If anyone buys an item they feel is expensive best to first check return policy on that item.

Feb 9, 2018 at 8:16 AM Post #25,518 of 35,333
Touch of Modern site time to time sells Telefunken Aqusta headphones made by Fischer Audio or maybe NIBOSA AB Sweden, at less then 1/2 price brand new, first quality sealed. I'm not sure if returnable unless good reason. $125 + $15 SH to USA = $140 total. The only other sites selling these (Amazon, ebay, adorama, reverb) sell them for $300 to $335. A couple of us have bought these, mine will arrive in 1 week. Today sold out, but were available up to yesterday. Others say keep checking and they will repeat the sale time to time. You can add the item to a save for-notification list when available also.

https://www.touchofmodern.com/sales/fischer-audio/telefunken-aqusta

Owners say burn them in for "lots of" hours and they then play nicely. Bass weak out of box, then after burn in bass is fine. They also withstand tremendous bass boost without distortion, per others, in addition to scaling well.

I created a ultra-simple account there to see the price (just log in there), and they were sold out. But, a few hours later I got an email in stock & bought them. Have tracking with usps showing movement on their journey here to east coast, from west coast moving closer last 2 days.

Appearance reminiscent of classic Sennheiser HD-1000 Charleston model limited to 1000 sets made back then by Sennie.

Hope fotos are allowed on this thread or I can delete foto if not.

Question:
The site sells other headphones such as Sennheiser HD800"S" & Audeze LCD-X, both for $1700, but has anyone seen if they also discount sale these down deep too ? (I know it's a dream, but asking).

Not sure if NIBOSA makes Aqusta or licensed to FA = Fischer-Audio makes some fine sets, I have some of their models, and they are finely crafted with great sound.

All the senns and audeze and other items in the iconic selection never go on sale on Touch of Modern. I’ve followed and purchased from the site for years dreaming one day they’d have a sale on the Iconic Selection items. I’ve got the aqusta for as low as $104 on the site. The price goes up and down, one time it’ll be $124, the next $104. They also specialize in weird headphone brands. I bought my Magnat lzr 980 (sound better than he 650 by many foreign reviewers) for about $150. I got Lamborghini top of the line model for under $75 (great sound). And many others like accutone Gemini hd.
The site specializes in watches and other items, for prices that are a steal. Better watch out, the sites addictive.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2018 at 8:22 AM Post #25,519 of 35,333
No I forgot, Master and dynamic is part of the iconic selection and they have a special on those from time to time where if you buy a headphone you get an earphone for free (bundle). That’s the only iconic brand that’s ever had special.

Feb 9, 2018 at 9:26 AM Post #25,520 of 35,333
Question: The site sells other headphones such as Sennheiser HD800"S" & Audeze LCD-X, both for $1700, but has anyone seen if they also discount sale these down deep too ? (I know it's a dream, but asking).

I haven't seen anything on their site, but I have seen a 'like new' LCD-X for $800. This was from World Wide Stereo through Amazon about two weeks ago. I didn't post a link because they only had one unit and, well, I bought it. It may be worth your time to check there every now and then.

Feb 9, 2018 at 3:03 PM Post #25,521 of 35,333
@phthora
Thanks for the heads up, you got a nice deal on great headphones.

@talan7
Thanks for the scoop, too bad the sales aren't for the top models; the deal on the Aqusta has me happy. Appears the wire frame also has some external springs, not sure if cosmetic or for suspension, will have mine soon.

Very curious about their weird oddball brands, like you posted accutone & magnat and some foreign brands we don't know of in USA. Cool you got some sleepers with great sound, that makes the deal ! Will check up on some of those & keep an eye on the site too. Thanks again.

Feb 9, 2018 at 3:14 PM Post #25,522 of 35,333
Last edited:
Feb 9, 2018 at 4:39 PM Post #25,523 of 35,333
I thought I'd try to scrounge up that LCD-X deal I bought. No luck. I'll keep trying. But, here is something pretty good....

Audeze Deckard amp refurbished direct from Audeze on back-order through Amazon for $339:
https://www.amazon.com/Audeze-Deckard-Headphone-Amplifier-Preamplifier/dp/B019MOTZ50

A few caveats, but you can't beat the price. If the timing was different, this one would be coming home with me.

This appears to be gone. That was a good price..

Feb 9, 2018 at 4:48 PM Post #25,524 of 35,333
I thought I'd try to scrounge up that LCD-X deal I bought. No luck. I'll keep trying. But, here is something pretty good....

Audeze Deckard amp refurbished direct from Audeze on back-order through Amazon for $339:
https://www.amazon.com/Audeze-Deckard-Headphone-Amplifier-Preamplifier/dp/B019MOTZ50

A few caveats, but you can't beat the price. If the timing was different, this one would be coming home with me.

Dang. Its gone now but thats a good price. I saw it at Best Buy (Magnolia HiFi Design Center) here in Seattle on clearance for $299 a while back and I was debating on whether to get it or not. I decided not to at the time, and then changed my mind, came back and it was gone. Sigh.

Feb 9, 2018 at 4:48 PM Post #25,525 of 35,333
This appears to be gone. That was a good price..

Not me this time. :smiley:

I guess the lesson is simply to keep checking Amazon for Audeze deals. They are out there, but they go quick.

Feb 11, 2018 at 10:26 AM Post #25,529 of 35,333
Feb 11, 2018 at 10:34 AM Post #25,530 of 35,333
$759 when I clicked on it ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back