The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Aug 21, 2017 at 12:14 AM Post #24,227 of 35,333
I never see the price of any of their products is competitive.

That's your opinion. I think it's wrong, but suit yourself.

Aug 21, 2017 at 10:34 AM Post #24,228 of 35,333
Not sure if this is a great price, but seems to me that it is a very good price
HiFiMan HE 560 Headphones
$899.00
RedSaleTag.gif
for $499.00

From Audio Advisor

The Canadian equivalent price appears to be available on Amazon.ca for $679 + $59 shipping (eep). They're listed as being sold by Hifiman, though the reviews and past sales numbers seem strangely low? I'm sure it's fine, but that's a legit sale, yeah?

I'm currently interested in the 560's and these deals certainly beat my local stores $1200CAD price tag.

Aug 21, 2017 at 1:00 PM Post #24,230 of 35,333
The Canadian equivalent price appears to be available on Amazon.ca for $679 + $59 shipping (eep). They're listed as being sold by Hifiman, though the reviews and past sales numbers seem strangely low? I'm sure it's fine, but that's a legit sale, yeah?

I'm currently interested in the 560's and these deals certainly beat my local stores $1200CAD price tag.
Call you local store and see if they will match, given this is the new list price.

Aug 21, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #24,231 of 35,333
Call you local store and see if they will match, given this is the new list price.
Very much my plan for the afternoon. Even if they don't, they have a demo pair I can try out.

Aug 21, 2017 at 1:27 PM Post #24,232 of 35,333
I will add that it is not possible for AK to ship to USA for that deal. Totally just tried to order, then got rejected.

I also am very content with my opus, but free iems are too good a deal to pass up.

You are right Sir, I just tried myself and US shipping is no go, tried Serbia where I would be on vacation in a month, heave friend to ship to there, but it is also no go; then tried Yemen, Albania, and Ukraine and no problem top ship there, so living is US have some disadvantages, oh well…bought Mojo

Aug 23, 2017 at 3:00 AM Post #24,233 of 35,333
As posted on Slickdeals.

Brookstone Big Blue Bluetooth Headphone Amplifier and USB DAC for $25 shipped.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01N9F3FYQ/
Eh, what the heck, I'll be the guinea pig and try it. :)

I finally got to test this for a bit and it's a steal for $25. For those on a tight budget and want a portable DAC/amp w/ BT, there's nothing out there even close to this price that's as good as this. It has lots of power to drive almost anything, but dynamically it's not great (though better than my S8 Plus' internal amp), and the FiiO E18 is sonically better in every way (for $110), but the E18 doesn't have BT. It feels decently made, the battery lasts a looong time, the stepped volume pot feels good and sturdy, and it's PnP with iOS, Android, and Windows.

Some sellers do have them for $44, and IMO it's still quite a good deal for that price. You might even find it cheaper on ebay, so look there too.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #24,235 of 35,333
I finally got to test this for a bit and it's a steal for $25. For those on a tight budget and want a portable DAC/amp w/ BT, there's nothing out there even close to this price that's as good as this. Dynamically it's not great (though better than my S8 Plus' internal amp), and the FiiO E18 is better (for $110), but the E18 doesn't have BT. It feels decently made, the battery lasts a looong time, the stepped volume pot feels good and sturdy, and it's PnP with iOS, Android, and Windows.

Some sellers do have them for $44, and IMO it's still quite a good deal for that price. You might even find it cheaper on ebay, so look there too.
I guess its good for watching TV without disturbing family members. It make your wired headphones wireless:wink:

Aug 24, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #24,236 of 35,333
I guess its good for watching TV without disturbing family members. It make your wired headphones wireless:wink:

Since most modern TVs (and HT receivers) have BT now, that's probably a very good usage for this.

Aug 24, 2017 at 4:25 PM Post #24,237 of 35,333
Since most modern TVs (and HT receivers) have BT now, that's probably a very good usage for this.
My Yamaha AVR has BT send, as well as receive. This allows me to use BT headphone with the receiver. I'm not sure how common this is, but check to make sure you don't already have a BT transmitter built-in to your receiver.

Aug 24, 2017 at 6:44 PM Post #24,238 of 35,333
Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 24, 2017 at 7:49 PM Post #24,239 of 35,333
Seems like a good deal. But someone says Focal will offer 30% off for Elear and Utopia in September.
I don't know about these links, they look like affiliate links. But without the affiliate info it will show the original price.
https://www.adorama.com/foeleara.html?sdtid=10491220&emailprice=t
https://www.adorama.com/foutopiaa.html?sdtid=10491220&emailprice=t

(mod edit: removed referral tags)
Good grief, that Utopia bundle... If that had come up when I first started shopping for equipment. Let's just say I'd have a different amp at least.

Aug 24, 2017 at 9:20 PM Post #24,240 of 35,333
Good grief, that Utopia bundle... If that had come up when I first started shopping for equipment. Let's just say I'd have a different amp at least.
What is wrong with iFi iCan Pro?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back