The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Jan 3, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #2,087 of 35,342
It's a hardware limitation. If your tv has only 720p worth of pixels, no software or equipment is going to create more pixels. And no, TV manufacturers don't purposely gimp the same 1080p TV to become a 720p tv to create multiple market price points. That does happen in the graphics card and headphone industry though.

Jan 3, 2014 at 6:48 PM Post #2,089 of 35,342
OK, just wanted to report on a deal I went for that I saw on this site. Monster refurbished Copper iems for a good price, about $120 if I remember correctly. They called and emailed me to cancel the deal today, said they were out of stock on them. Frankly, I feel if they offered more than they could supply, they should honor the deal and provide me with new ones. In the past I had tried to contact them when I had quality problems with theirs headphones, and didn't hear back, but they had no problem finding me this time. I will avoid Monster products in the future-many companies treat their customers better (and have better quality control).

Jan 3, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #2,090 of 35,342
OK, just wanted to report on a deal I went for that I saw on this site. Monster refurbished Copper iems for a good price, about $120 if I remember correctly. They called and emailed me to cancel the deal today, said they were out of stock on them. Frankly, I feel if they offered more than they could supply, they should honor the deal and provide me with new ones. In the past I had tried to contact them when I had quality problems with theirs headphones, and didn't hear back, but they had no problem finding me this time. I will avoid Monster products in the future-many companies treat their customers better (and have better quality control).

Meh, It happens to most manufacturers. Especially third party sellers on amazon. They don't have the right number of headphones in stock displayed, so many transactions end up going through when real-time stock is 0. They just end up canceling the transaction later on, and the refund comes in a few days later. Pretty pathetic and a waste of time. But what can you do?

Jan 3, 2014 at 7:10 PM Post #2,091 of 35,342
Sennheiser Amperiors for 139.99 US at Newegg. They were sold out and I gor them at 159 with a 20 credit at Sonix but this comes with no strings .http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826106684

Jan 3, 2014 at 7:12 PM Post #2,092 of 35,342

Meh, It happens to most manufacturers. Especially third party sellers on amazon. They don't have the right number of headphones in stock displayed, so many transactions end up going through when real-time stock is 0. They just end up canceling the transaction later on, and the refund comes in a few days later. Pretty pathetic and a waste of time. But what can you do?

Well, I don't think it's right when it happens with 3rd party sellers either, but when it's the manufacturer's own site, I really think it stinks. But, as you say, not much you can do.

Jan 3, 2014 at 7:14 PM Post #2,093 of 35,342
Jan 3, 2014 at 7:21 PM Post #2,094 of 35,342

I guess I am one of the lucky ones. I received mine, full new retail package and have been enjoying them ever since. However, my father ordered at the same time and heard nothing for a couple weeks - called in and they canceled his order saying that they were unavailable. What is frustrating is that they popped up on the Monster site and this thread with additional stock a couple of times after placing his order so they were obviously available.

Jan 3, 2014 at 7:26 PM Post #2,095 of 35,342
KRK 8400 for $80.99 @ AMZ

http://www.amazon.com/KRK-KNS8400-Studio-Headphones/dp/B004ARUO2S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388790210&sr=8-1&keywords=krk+8400

Out of stock right now, more to come.

Thanks. I have the KRK 6400. They're excellent. From all I've heard, the 8400s are just that much better. I ordered a couple of sets for family. No rush. The Feb delivery suits me.

This is a bargain, BTW. If I weren't in the process of deciding which headphones I need to let go, I'd get a set for me too!

Jan 3, 2014 at 8:02 PM Post #2,097 of 35,342
  I wanted the amperior because (I always wanted the hd25ii) since they came out, the thing is, I don't need on ears headphones (actually don't like supra aural), and every month these are calling me... buy me... buy me...

Seriously. I hate on-ears. I never find them comfortable. I've owned the HD25-1ii. And the Amperior. And the HD25 Aluminum. I hate the comfort every time...and yet I'm always tempted to try again! 

Jan 3, 2014 at 8:12 PM Post #2,098 of 35,342
Used to hate on AND over ears, found them uncomfortable, hot, hard to use for any amount of time, much preferred iems. Recently, I'm getting more used to the feel and less annoyed by them, and appreciating the things they can do that iems can't sound wise.

Jan 3, 2014 at 9:01 PM Post #2,100 of 35,342
Everytime I see a deal listed for these, I feel I have to comment that I really like these…good buy.

+1
I feel the same way. Amperiors at this price is just insane. I'm rocking them at the moment and easily worth twice this price for me. When the supply goes people will only be left with regrets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back