The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Nov 27, 2015 at 10:02 PM Post #18,931 of 35,332
I'd have to say it's for the best, because X2 is no HD6x0.

For high end critical listening I agree but for gaming the x2 is nearly flawless.

Nov 27, 2015 at 10:03 PM Post #18,932 of 35,332
  I think you and coming on 9000 people in the last 24 hours agree that it's a pretty good price. Thanks for letting me know, I might have to grab one too if it's still up when I get home from work. 

Really good external hard drives. I have a 1tb version and its plenty fast for what it is. I was thinking of getting one of these too but mine isnt even full yet. Might wait till next year and get one of those new 3tb my passport that not so long ago have released. If you need it now, get it. Really good price since they usually go for 80 plus.

Anyways

JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones in White for $79.99 on Amazon, lowest on CCC I believe

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B6ZGSVI

Nov 27, 2015 at 10:06 PM Post #18,933 of 35,332
  I'm trying to find deals on external hard drives (either desktop or portable) of at least 2tb but I don't actually know what a good deal is on a hard drive is. Also, I probably won't need one urgently for a couple months, would the prices be better with something like a hard drive in a few months? Also (sorry for the questions, but I think they're relevant, trying to find a good deal here) which brands are known as reliable with hard drives? 

Here's Adorama's page: http://www.adorama.com/l/Computers/Memory-and-Data-Storage/Hard-Drives/External-Drives/Desktop-Drives 

I would skip Seagate and go with WD. I have had better luck with WD. I would prefer to spend a little more to get a better quality and more reliable drive. The pains of losing all the data on a failed hard drive are too much to bare.

Nov 27, 2015 at 10:34 PM Post #18,936 of 35,332
Thanks! I found a link for a $750 LCD-2 the other day and lost it... This helps :)
could you share the lcd 2 link please? seems the original link is expired... Thank!

Nov 27, 2015 at 10:46 PM Post #18,938 of 35,332
Not impressed with HD600, HD650 is great. X2 still more fun to use, which is my preference, hence my tears. Lots of people prefer them over HD600 on Head-Fi and abroad. Its all about what you looking for in a headphone! X2 is awesome!

I'm sorry that you missed out then, and I hope a good deal comes your way soon!

I would note, however, that most listeners--even most "reviewers" here--haven't put together sufficiently decent set ups to have a credible opinion about even their own preferences. One need not have an amazing rig, but a sufficiently good one and broad experience with several other quite good ones remain necessities.

Nov 27, 2015 at 10:54 PM Post #18,940 of 35,332

I would note, however, that most listeners--even most "reviewers" here--haven't put together sufficiently decent set ups to have a credible opinion about even their own preferences. One need not have an amazing rig, but a sufficiently good one and broad experience with several other quite good ones remain necessities.

That's a rather insulting statement. What makes you so qualified to make it. Shame on you.
deadhorse.gif

Nov 27, 2015 at 11:06 PM Post #18,941 of 35,332

Could be the case, always seems everyone on here knows more than me. My opinions are based on my auditions at a friend's place, he's a true audiophile and has expensive everything. But I follow my ears, and although uneducated, they cause me to spend money on such things due to what I believe would enrich my listening experience.

Your words make sense, and its true that people can simply be trending or not have the setup to make something shine as apposed to something else. It's HeadFi anyhow, a home for the audioly insane! Glad to be a part of the family!

Seems you made some friends, LOL!

Nov 27, 2015 at 11:07 PM Post #18,942 of 35,332

Your comment sounds rather elitist and very much counter to the culture here.

Everyone has to start somewhere. Just because one doesn't have a $5,000 setup doesn't mean he/she is unqualified to review a piece of equipment.

Nov 27, 2015 at 11:12 PM Post #18,943 of 35,332
Could be the case, always seems everyone on here knows more than me. My opinions are based on my auditions at a friend's place, he's a true audiophile and has expensive everything. But I follow my ears, and although uneducated, they cause me to spend money on such things due to what I believe would enrich my listening experience.

Your words make sense, and its true that people can simply be trending or not have the setup to make something shine as apposed to something else. It's HeadFi anyhow, a home for audioly insane! Glad to be a part of the family!

There will ALWAYS be somebody here that knows more than you. And ears that hear everything better. That much will never change, no matter what you own. :rolleyes:

Nov 27, 2015 at 11:12 PM Post #18,944 of 35,332
Your comment sounds rather elitist and very much counter to the culture here.

Everyone has to start somewhere. Just because one doesn't have a $5,000 setup doesn't mean he/she is unqualified to review a piece of equipment.

Not to mention this all pretty much subjective. Personally I think the statement is more stupid than elitist.

Nov 27, 2015 at 11:15 PM Post #18,945 of 35,332
Having a good standard by which to judge is the very basis of learning. If someone listens to an HD800 off a mobile phone, he's obviously worn them on his head but he's never actually listened to them properly. Most listeners have experienced only the limitations of their set ups, not the headphones themselves (except in the case of mediocre headphones). Why would anyone take such listeners' or reviewers' opinions seriously? Anyway, this is a long discussion for another place and time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back