The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Nov 28, 2015 at 9:26 AM Post #18,961 of 35,312
  http://www.amazon.com/Flare-Audio-R2A-ORG-anodised-aluminium/dp/B016KVDF5Y/

It's 50% off but not sure what the normal retail price is since theres no price history on camelcamelcamel

I'm not a huge audiophile, but these look like a very good deal. Would there be any point in getting these if I use an iPhone? I'll either go for these or the Brainwavz M1, and while there's a huge performance difference between the two, there's no point in getting the R2A if I can't tell the difference on an iPhone...

Nov 28, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #18,962 of 35,312
Decided to make use of audeze's 20% off B-stock sale and get some lcd2s. Cant wait to try them! As much as i love grado headphones id like to have a good example of a very different sound. I just hope they didnt oversell their bstock and that all orders go through well.

Anyone know what audeze's typical timeframe is for getting orders shipped out? Im wondering if they provide a tracking number at all...

I have dealt with Audeze's customer service and they are the first class. They always take care of their customers. They usually ship within 1 or 2 business days and will provide tracking information once the order is shipped. But for BF I would expect a little delays. I would also like to mention that I ordered the Extended Yoke Rods for the LCD-2 and they work extremely well for my larger-than-average head. It's well worth the extra money.

Nov 28, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #18,963 of 35,312
RE:Flare R2A on Amazon

Quote:

I'm not a huge audiophile, but these look like a very good deal. Would there be any point in getting these if I use an iPhone? I'll either go for these or the Brainwavz M1, and while there's a huge performance difference between the two, there's no point in getting the R2A if I can't tell the difference on an iPhone...

The Flares are pretty controversial earphones.  I have not heard them, but the Head-fi review is interesting.

When you "invest" in an untried product on Kickstarter there is a natural inclination to be enthusiastic about it.   Some of the initial hype seems to be winding down.  The Amazon asking price is just a bit above what the kickstarter price was, and the R2s seems similarly discounted now.  I do not think I would buy because they are a deal. There are a lot of $130 phones with more reviews that would be great with your iPhone. 

That said, I just bought a Massdrop of never heard Fostexes...and expect to be enthusiastic about them.

Nov 28, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #18,964 of 35,312
Indeed the Flares are polarizing. I really dislike them but 3 of my good friends, that I really respect their ears, think they are amazing and prefer to listen to the Flares over much more expensive iems they own.

Did I mention my 3 friends are loco?

Nov 28, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #18,965 of 35,312
Indeed the Flares are polarizing. I really dislike them but 3 of my good friends, that I really respect their ears, think they are amazing and prefer to listen to the Flares over much more expensive iems they own.

I think its odd that a $130 pair of earphones would come with just a single set of medium tips. The reviewers agree that a good fit is vital for good sound...as in any IEM.   If you are new to IEMs and do not have a lot of spare tips, that could significantly impact your enjoyment and/or investment. 

Nov 28, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #18,966 of 35,312
I think its odd that a $130 pair of earphones would come with just a single set of medium tips. The reviewers agree that a good fit is vital for good sound...as in any IEM.   If you are new to IEMs and do not have a lot of spare tips, that could significantly impact your enjoyment and/or investment. 

I'll second this. I, personally, have a great deal of difficulty getting a good seal with most headphones, because I have a quite wide, but shallow ear canal.

If this is your first foray into higher-end audio, there are several very nice options around $130, that come with lots of tips. Dunu, Hifiman, Sony, RHA. Lots of good options.

Nov 28, 2015 at 11:17 AM Post #18,967 of 35,312

http://www.amazon.com/Flare-Audio-R2A-ORG-anodised-aluminium/dp/B016KVDF5Y/

It's 50% off but not sure what the normal retail price is since theres no price history on camelcamelcamel

The iPhone a perfectly good source with a decent DAC and amp. What will affect the sound is what you are listening to. If you use Pandora or Spotify and have WiFi, use the better quality sound in those apps. If you are listening to your own music and have ripped the music as ALAC, then try to keep the music in ALAC format, or downsample to the highest bit rate you can (at least 256). 

Nov 28, 2015 at 11:40 AM Post #18,969 of 35,312

If you are looking for a T50rp cheap, amazon has them for $99 plus a 20% coupon.

Want to hear something better?
The 20% off coupon WORKS ON THE BEYER DT1770!!!! Which means a 1770 for less than $400!

Arrghh why couldn't I wait lol
wink.gif

Good luck.

$374.18 for the DT 1770
wow.

Amazon "turned off" this deal. It was probably a mistake, but hopefully they will honor it. Did anyone get it? 

Nov 28, 2015 at 12:33 PM Post #18,973 of 35,312
Amazon "turned off" this deal. It was probably a mistake, but hopefully they will honor it. Did anyone get it? 

I ordered it, but they havent charged me yet. Took advantage of the Violetric deal and got a V100 with USB DAC to drive the DT 1770s. Saved about $500 between the two deals. Customer service from Arthur and Violetric has been outstanding.

Nov 28, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #18,975 of 35,312
I have dealt with Audeze's customer service and they are the first class. They always take care of their customers. They usually ship within 1 or 2 business days and will provide tracking information once the order is shipped. But for BF I would expect a little delays. I would also like to mention that I ordered the Extended Yoke Rods for the LCD-2 and they work extremely well for my larger-than-average head. It's well worth the extra money.

Awesome, just curious. I did order on the last business day of the week so i cant expect too many miracles. Thanks to you and others for the insight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back